• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On campus stadium is on the back burner

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

43 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I want an on campus stadium, but not if we stay in this conference.

I'm kinda diametrically opposite of this. We've already seen that RayJay is just fine for when we're at the big boys table. If we get back there, playing branded teams on regular basis, the crowds should hide most of the red seats ...... for the prate ship, maybe try hypnosis for those too myopic to overlook it.

If we are stuck here, or God forbid worse, build a smallish but safe ocs, with no chain link, doing due diligence in figuring out how much of a Club area is realistically needed ...... paring down to the mostly hard core fans who support because it's USF, not who we're playing and not caring what outsiders think about the program.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

49 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And even when they make them build them they still don’t want to own them because they are insanely expensive to upkeep and as soon as it’s built it’s no longer state of the art and needs planning for it’s renovation not to mention the staffing and maintenance.

Exactly...it’s a huge money pit. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

He didn't IPF was on the back burner and that's all that matters right now. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Lies!!!!! My brothers sisters uncles aunts friends barber saw the plans and said it was ready to start right after the IPF is finished. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm kinda diametrically opposite of this. We've already seen that RayJay is just fine for when we're at the big boys table. If we get back there, playing branded teams on regular basis, the crowds should hide most of the red seats ...... for the prate ship, maybe try hypnosis for those too myopic to overlook it.

If we are stuck here, or God forbid worse, build a smallish but safe ocs, with no chain link, doing due diligence in figuring out how much of a Club area is realistically needed ...... paring down to the mostly hard core fans who support because it's USF, not who we're playing and not caring what outsiders think about the program.

So you think making less money is a better reason to spend more money and making more money would be a better reason to spend less money? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

To all the posters here 45 years of age or older.............Do you think USF will get that on-campus stadium built in your lifetime?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Its something to think about.  I turned 43 this year and I wonder if I will see it get done in my lifetime.  My dad turned 70 this year and he has pretty much come to accept the fact that he won't be around to see it if/when it gets done.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

We can't get 4,000 season ticket donors ... FAR from OCS pan even on the stove. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

I'd like to see an OCS ASAP.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It’s reasonable to believe there will be no such thing as USF football in our lifetime which if we built the stadium right this second we would still be paying off (not including any upgrades or anything beyond debt service) long after we are dead. Should USF not need the stadium for that whopping six games a season what value would it have? Who would want to buy the stadium? How much would they pay for it? And why would we still want it on our campus? A stadium is negative equity it costs a fortune to build, it costs a fortune to maintain and it has zero exit strategy because we have no one we would want to sell it to and there is no one that would want to buy it. Complaining about Ray Jay and wanting to have a stadium is fun, owning an actual stadium and having to pay for it, not fun.