• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,061
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Where does one encounter these outsiders?

I was also wondering. They probably think we are UCF anyway.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

How many teams in D1 thru 8 games control their own destiny and can still win their conference title and appear in a NYD6 bowl game?

Can you please help me because I'm just too ******* dumb to count.  

13 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

The ones in the mid-major conferences who have no shot at a playoff spot. Tallest midgets, indeed. With no disrespect intended towards the height-impaired... Your expectations and hopes for our program leave some things to be desired. Perhaps you would prefer to root for a Central Michigan or an Akron, if you'd be satisfied with mediocrity as occasionally decently-sized fish in small ponds. 

Whoa, talk about moving goal posts. That wasn't an expectation or hope for the program but an honest assessment of where we are right now, this year and your post has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Sounds like your deep seated problem is rooted in where we are as a program currently, through no fault of our own.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There are apparently tons more haters within the fanbase than without considering the laughing stock we've become to outsiders for the "Fire everybody" nonsense. As a USF fan, I'm not happy about that.

It’s actually embarrassing...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Awesome another let’s “start the coaching process over” fan. Where exactly would the $ come from? How STUPID would we look firing  a coach that is 17-3? Do you people even know what you’re talking about?

What in the blue hell are you talking about?? I did NOT say fire coach strong for a 17-3 record. Not right now. But if we keep failing to be competitive against the top tier of our conference which lets face it aren't many teams, then perhaps some change is in order. 

So yes firing a coach mid season at 7-1 or 17-3 overall is stupid you're right. It is actually a completely dumb idea to fire a head coach halfway through the season so I wonder if you even know what you're talking about making assumptions that others actually believe this.

However, let's say we lose to cincy, temple, and Orlando would you honestly be that chill? 

Regardless, the original purpose of my post was to primarily disagree with the thought that it was ok to keep a head coach that would year in and year out fail to bring a conference championship. So mostly thinking long term failure than just now. And I repeat I WILL EAT CROW if we manage to be competitive, win these big games and win a conference  championship. Why is that such a bad expectation? 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

We fired Jim after an 8-5 season so we do fire winners. While the Miller scandal was the final straw but Leavitts mid season swoons in confer play was becoming tiresome and change was desired. We all felt it. The miller thing just provided the catalyst and an out clause for firing him. I love Jim but Our was tired of the swoons. If coach strong continues this trend next year I will be on the fire him band wagon. With no change at defense or on offense then he needs to coach elsewhere.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, 370Bull said:

What in the blue hell are you talking about?? I did NOT say fire coach strong for a 17-3 record. Not right now. But if we keep failing to be competitive against the top tier of our conference which lets face it aren't many teams, then perhaps some change is in order. 

So yes firing a coach mid season at 7-1 or 17-3 overall is stupid you're right. It is actually a completely dumb idea to fire a head coach halfway through the season so I wonder if you even know what you're talking about making assumptions that others actually believe this.

However, let's say we lose to cincy, temple, and Orlando would you honestly be that chill? 

Regardless, the original purpose of my post was to primarily disagree with the thought that it was ok to keep a head coach that would year in and year out fail to bring a conference championship. So mostly thinking long term failure than just now. And I repeat I WILL EAT CROW if we manage to be competitive, win these big games and win a conference  championship. Why is that such a bad expectation? 

Let’s say we do lose all four...which there is no way in hell that happens, you are going to fire a coach after two complete seasons? Come on man, this ain’t Nebraska! Who the hell would want to come here to coach knowing they have a two year window? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

There are apparently tons more haters within the fanbase than without considering the laughing stock we've become to outsiders for the "Fire everybody" nonsense. As a USF fan, I'm not happy about that.

There aren't too many on this board calling for Charlie to be fired at this point, but there are many who have questions about him, which is totally fair. There's no question in most people's mind that he deserves AT LEAST one more year, and it's fully possible, at least in my opinion, that we could be very good next year. But if you're thrilled that we basically went down to the wire with 1-7 UConn, who everybody else blew out of the water....or that we came up with a miracle last-second win over 1-7 Tulsa, or that we gave up 42 points to UMass....more power to you. A win is a win, we get that, but it seems it would take REALLY bad coaching to lose to the teams we've been beating, and Charlie & company have **** near being doing that, and doing it consistently. Hard to tell exactly how big a role youth plays in it, but every game looks sloppy, and some of that has to be on the coaches.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66

16 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Beating half the teams in the conference don’t move the needle. Finishing better than about 20 is going to be the equivalent of popping off about an 11-1 season each year. 

Agreed. And I would be more than happy keep seeing consistent 10 win (on average) seasons. And believe it would gradually move the needle. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66

8 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

The ones in the mid-major conferences who have no shot at a playoff spot. Tallest midgets, indeed. With no disrespect intended towards the height-impaired... Your expectations and hopes for our program leave some things to be desired. Perhaps you would prefer to root for a Central Michigan or an Akron, if you'd be satisfied with mediocrity as occasionally decently-sized fish in small ponds. 

Reminds me of Gator fans. NC or bust is delusional. Need to start with consistently winning our own division first.

And 10-win seasons in AAC is not comparable to CMU or Akron. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

We fired Jim after an 8-5 season so we do fire winners. While the Miller scandal was the final straw but Leavitts mid season swoons in confer play was becoming tiresome and change was desired. We all felt it. The miller thing just provided the catalyst and an out clause for firing him. I love Jim but Our was tired of the swoons. If coach strong continues this trend next year I will be on the fire him band wagon. With no change at defense or on offense then he needs to coach elsewhere.

We fired Jim because he beat a player.