• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Days Won:  0

Pump the brakes haters. Put things in perspective. Almost 0% chnace USF finds/signs the next young world beater coach. And if we did he would be off to greener pastures in less than 3 years. Love the 1 you got, otherwise it would almost certainly be worse.

Enjoy what i think CCS can maintain, a perennial #20-35 team with the occasional top #15 rankning in years it comes all together. For as long as we are AAC that is.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, 05 Bull said:

Pump the brakes haters. Put things in perspective. Almost 0% chnace USF finds/signs the next young world beater coach. And if we did he would be off to greener pastures in less than 3 years. Love the 1 you got, otherwise it would almost certainly be worse.

Enjoy what i think CCS can maintain, a perennial #20-35 team with the occasional top #15 rankning in years it comes all together. For as long as we are AAC that is.

I respectfully disagree. I cant fathom the idea of settling with a coach that can keep us #20-35 will help boost attendance and increase the fan base. Call my expectations high but you must also remember that tampa is a fickle city so those kind of results aren't going to cut it. Much less if we are ever looking to escape this conference that we can't even win...

So it's a matter of sink or swim and unfortunately if we don't have a coaching staff that can help us swim then we are just wasting our time.

I do respect your optimism fellow bulls friend! And I would love to eat crow if it comes down to it...

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

2 minutes ago, 370Bull said:

I respectfully disagree. I cant fathom the idea of settling with a coach that can keep us #20-35 will help boost attendance and increase the fan base. Call my expectations high but you must also remember that tampa is a fickle city so those kind of results aren't going to cut it. Much less if we are ever looking to escape this conference that we can't even win...

So it's a matter of sink or swim and unfortunately if we don't have a coaching staff that can help us swim then we are just wasting our time.

I do respect your optimism fellow bulls friend! And I would love to eat crow if it comes down to it...

Honest question.. if top20-35 is settling, what are your expectations?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

I’ll answer that for you. They’re the literal definition of “unreal.”

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

The ceiling for this team was about 9-3 to start the season and that’s probably right around where we end up. Houston is by far a better team and prob ends up winning the conference. The amount of talent we lost last year is staggering, almost as staggering as the number of freshman getting significant playing. 

We were missing out best linebacker at a position of zero depth, missing our best WR, rolling with how many Freshman on the o-line? The overreaction is losing to a superior team is jussst a bit much from some on this board.

The depth is CCS’s fault. It was confirmed in another thread.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482

12 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Top 25 with the schedule that we play. And I know Houston is good but acting like a loss to them is not upsetting is where I disagree.

My apologies if I believe that our team is more talented than the rest of our league competition. I believe that the loss yesterday was more dependent on the Xs and Os.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

2 minutes ago, 370Bull said:

Top 25 with the schedule that we play. And I know Houston is good but acting like a loss to them is not upsetting is where I disagree.

My apologies if I believe that our team is more talented than the rest of our league competition. I believe that the loss yesterday was more dependent on the Xs and Os.

Beating half the teams in the conference don’t move the needle. Finishing better than about 20 is going to be the equivalent of popping off about an 11-1 season each year. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Agree, Houston is likely to win the conference and despite depth issues at LB, two/three main receivers out of most of the game, 3 freshman on the O-line and youngster all over the place on this team...we were in this game late in the third quarter despite being down 14-0 at the very start of the game.

I think we can win a few more games this season but I really feel next year is when this team takes a big step forward.  I think of this team sort of like the 2006 year when Grothe was a freshman. Dont forget Blake is pretty much like fresh/sophmore due to limited game time.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

The overreaction is losing to a superior team is jussst a bit much from some on this board.

Have you not been paying attention to the reactions to winning 7 in a row? 

• Haha 1