• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Strong has given us a 10 win season and will probably give us another this year. We have great recruits and a coach that wants to be here and build upon the foundation. Yet, the whiney entitled souls that call themselves fans feel we should fire him...but 4 who? Most teams I see that fire coaches with winning records usually are cursed after and seem 2 have really bad years. We lost 2 a great Houston team and life goes on. Who the hell do we think we are? Alabama? We have never won chit. This man gave us a 10 win season, bowl victory and we are still in the runnings for a AAC title THIS year. Even if we dont get it this year, Im confident that this current "about to be 10 win team", will be even better next year. Sit back and enjoy the ride. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am not disagreeing with what you say about the ceiling on the national stage. My problem with that is I am now beginning to think the ceiling with this staff is no better than perennial 4 or 5th in the conference. 

I am now starting to feel that getting a hungry, up and coming innovative coach that builds a winner and his name then leaves for a bigger job may be preferential than an older guy that may be here for the long haul. 

I am losing confidence that Strong will be willing to change his philosophies to help get to the next level of success. 

This is a nice cushy job that we can be mediocre in a mediocre conference. Competent, a little above league average, but less than Average in the big scheme of things. 

I see UCF play to win. Taggart played to win. Houston played to win. We have played all season and last to kind of hang around to hopefully win. 

That’s what I see here. 

Funny how 1 year removed from Strong, Texas is in top 10 and we are regressing or staying the same. And We were the media darling to start last year with a lot of returning starters until this staff’s fingerprints got onto team. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Agree, Houston is likely to win the conference and despite depth issues at LB, two/three main receivers out of most of the game, 3 freshman on the O-line and youngster all over the place on this team...we were in this game late in the third quarter despite being down 14-0 at the very start of the game.

I think we can win a few more games this season but I really feel next year is when this team takes a big step forward.  I think of this team sort of like the 2006 year when Grothe was a freshman. Dont forget Blake is pretty much like fresh/sophmore due to limited game time.

Concur that next year could be very special.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

11 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I am not disagreeing with what you say about the ceiling on the national stage. My problem with that is I am now beginning to think the ceiling with this staff is no better than perennial 4 or 5th in the conference. 

I am now starting to feel that getting a hungry, up and coming innovative coach that builds a winner and his name then leaves for a bigger job may be preferential than an older guy that may be here for the long haul. 

I am losing confidence that Strong will be willing to change his philosophies to help get to the next level of success. 

This is a nice cushy job that we can be mediocre in a mediocre conference. Competent, a little above league average, but less than Average in the big scheme of things. 

I see UCF play to win. Taggart played to win. Houston played to win. We have played all season and last to kind of hang around to hopefully win. 

That’s what I see here. 

Funny how 1 year removed from Strong, Texas is in top 10 and we are regressing or staying the same. And We were the media darling to start last year with a lot of returning starters until this staff’s fingerprints got onto team. 

You know very little about what CCS did to clean up UT and now Herman is reaping the rewards.  Put down the staff of emotion and do some research. 

If mediocre is 7-1 I'm all in.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

That’s what I see here. 

We are only in year 2! Texas just lost last night and in case you forgot only beat that Tulsa team that WE played by 7pts. Most of their victories were by a touchdown or less as well. Also their coach is winning with many players strong recruited. How many of USF previous coaches had a 10 win season besides Taggart? Only 1 and that man is Strong...yet u want to crap on him? At least let the man start failing first b4 we write him off

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not crapping on him. I just see a ceiling and winning with Strong’s players is the point I am making. He took Strong’s foundation and took it to the next level of success. 

We are not improving on either side of the ball despite inheriting, what was at the time, top 25 team poised for greater success. 

I am not down on Strong, I really don’t think he can take us to the next level of success. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

At least let the man start failing first b4 we write him off

The perfect one sentence description for some of the ******* nonsense that has permeated the board this year ...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I’ll answer that for you. They’re the literal definition of “unreal.”

Oh come on,  why settle for less than being perennial National Champions.

32 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Not crapping on him. I just see a ceiling and winning with Strong’s players is the point I am making. He took Strong’s foundation and took it to the next level of success. 

We are not improving on either side of the ball despite inheriting, what was at the time, top 25 team poised for greater success. 

I am not down on Strong, I really don’t think he can take us to the next level of success. 

What next level? They were 8-5 His first season and they currently have 2 lossess, including almost losing to Tulane and 3/4 victories by a margin of 1 td. They probably wont be ranked in the top ten after this season. Charlie is in his 2nd season and since this is collegefootball every year you deal with players graduation and freshman joining the team. We lost a lot of veteran talent from last year so we have 2 rebuild. Its a part of college football. Last year our defense was ranked in top 30, the year b4 we was ranked dead last. So its quite obvious, they know how 2 make a defense better. This year, we are too young and small to be effective, but that wont be the case next year.

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

56 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

You know very little about what CCS did to clean up UT and now Herman is reaping the rewards.  Put down the staff of emotion and do some research. 

If mediocre is 7-1 I'm all in.

Go Bulls!

Couldn’t it be said tha CCS is reaping the rewards from Willie Taggart cleaning up the mess at USF?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise