• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, 370Bull said:

I respectfully disagree. I cant fathom the idea of settling with a coach that can keep us #20-35 will help boost attendance and increase the fan base. Call my expectations high but you must also remember that tampa is a fickle city so those kind of results aren't going to cut it. Much less if we are ever looking to escape this conference that we can't even win...

So it's a matter of sink or swim and unfortunately if we don't have a coaching staff that can help us swim then we are just wasting our time.

I do respect your optimism fellow bulls friend! And I would love to eat crow if it comes down to it...

Awesome another let’s “start the coaching process over” fan. Where exactly would the $ come from? How STUPID would we look firing  a coach that is 17-3? Do you people even know what you’re talking about?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

There would have to be a massive departure from current approaches, which is hilariously unlikely. The frustration from the fanbase's standpoint is that the talent is absolutely there, both last year and this year, to go undefeated. It is plainly and obviously coaching inadequacies which are failing miserably to put the team in the right positions for success. They have been exposed during play against MUCH lesser competition, and we are proven right when we lose to any half-decent teams we play. Teams we should put away if we had a decent chess player in the coordinator duo. 

With that type of confidence I dont see how CCS beat you out during the coaching interview process.

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Strong has given us a 10 win season and will probably give us another this year. We have great recruits and a coach that wants to be here and build upon the foundation. Yet, the whiney entitled souls that call themselves fans feel we should fire him...but 4 who? Most teams I see that fire coaches with winning records usually are cursed after and seem 2 have really bad years. We lost 2 a great Houston team and life goes on. Who the hell do we think we are? Alabama? We have never won chit. This man gave us a 10 win season, bowl victory and we are still in the runnings for a AAC title THIS year. Even if we dont get it this year, Im confident that this current "about to be 10 win team", will be even better next year. Sit back and enjoy the ride. 

You are 100%.  Who in their right mind would come here to coach if we fire the coach with a 17-3 record?  

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Couldn’t it be said tha CCS is reaping the rewards from Willie Taggart cleaning up the mess at USF?

I guess you missed last year’s recruiting ranking...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

23 minutes ago, mjadams said:

With that type of confidence I dont see how CCS beat you out during the coaching interview process.

You don't have to be a professional chef to know good food when you taste it. You don't have to be a professional comedian to know good comedy when you hear it. Follow the analogies. 

28 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

7 - 1 and a massive departure would get you fired.  Why would 7 -1 call for massive changes.  Dumb.

The fan base is disappointed?  Aside from a dozen or so on here who seem to know very little about the sport the fan base seems excited about 7 - 1 and controlling their own destiny.

Go Bulls.

It's not solely about wins and losses. Just ask the CFP committee. The glaring holes have been apparent all season and our competition has been inferior. Just look at our SOS and combined W-L records of the first 7 teams we played compared with the final stretch of teams we play. Our fans and players don't enjoy reading local and national media material discussing how USF is a mediocre team with a pathetic SOS and doesn't deserve respect. We don't appreciate smack talk from fans of other schools when they point out that we want to be taken seriously as a P5-type team by beating up on lesser competition and failing against better competition. It is hollow.

And while you would be disconnected from the pulse of the fan base if you use this board as an appropriate sample, you can't have discussed this situation with many friends who are USF fans if you can't appreciate the palpable collective widespread disappointment with our staff's failure to capitalize on attainable success. The 7-1 record is hollow... it provides fodder for the haters outside the fan base. As a USF fan, you can't possibly be happy with that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I am not calling on firing Strong but 57 points is something to be worried about from a so called defensive coach.  It has been trending this way for the last year.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I'm thrilled to be 7 - 1 thru 8 games and still in the hunt for a conference championship and a NY day bowl.

CFP and USF will never happen in the current state of college football.  If any non P5 team won all their games 80 - 0 they would not be invited to the CFP.  You are delusional.

17 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

It's not solely about wins and losses. Just ask the CFP committee. The glaring holes have been apparent all season and our competition has been inferior. Just look at our SOS and combined W-L records of the first 7 teams we played compared with the final stretch of teams we play. Our fans and players don't enjoy reading local and national media material discussing how USF is a mediocre team with a pathetic SOS and doesn't deserve respect. We don't appreciate smack talk from fans of other schools when they point out that we want to be taken seriously as a P5-type team by beating up on lesser competition and failing against better competition. It is hollow.

And while you would be disconnected from the pulse of the fan base if you use this board as an appropriate sample, you can't have discussed this situation with many friends who are USF fans if you can't appreciate the palpable collective widespread disappointment with our staff's failure to capitalize on attainable success. The 7-1 record is hollow... it provides fodder for the haters outside the fan base. As a USF fan, you can't possibly be happy with that. 

So what exactly is your solution?  And please for the love of God do not see fire the head coach. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

You don't have to be a professional chef to know good food when you taste it. You don't have to be a professional comedian to know good comedy when you hear it. Follow the analogies. 

Like I said....not sure how you didnt get the job nor the rest of the experts on here.

Good food to some is bad food to others and vice versa....just like jokes.

14 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm thrilled to be 7 - 1 thru 8 games and still in the hunt for a conference championship and a NY day bowl.

CFP and USF will never happen in the current state of college football.  If any non P5 team won all their games 80 - 0 they would not be invited to the CFP.  You are delusional.

There is nothing delusional about setting high goals and desiring to do everything possible to exceed them. We did not start a football program with the goal of remaining a mediocre mid-major forever. We look to examples like Louisville and TCU who were able to elevate themselves into P5 conferences, and now can play for spots in the CFP, as well as much better destination bowl games than the ones our conference has tie-ins to. If you do not want the best for our program, I question your fansmanship.