• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

He's going to have a similar season statistically as Mack did when he came out (fumbles included).   That got Mack taken in the 4th.    

Edit:  He's actually going to have a MUCH more productive season than Mack did his senior season.  Mack had 1100 and change his Junior year, I had it mixed up with his Sophomore year where he had 1300+. 

Ok, I stand corrected then. I just don’t see him being ready yet, but if he can make serious $ then he should go for it. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/28/2018 at 1:07 PM, USF Bulls Football said:

Honest question.. if top20-35 is settling, what are your expectations?

To be in the CFP!

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

To be in the CFP!

Just to be in it?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

With RB's its usually pure economics and whatever gets you to your second NFL contract the quickest.    If Cronk finishes the season with ~1400 yds and 15TD's he should be good for a mid round grade, which was basically where Mack was when he chose to leave (RB's still take a ding for not being P5).   RB is such a high risk position for injury that if you can know you'll be gone by the 4th-5th,  and are a non-P5 back it makes sense to leave early.   An injury to Cronk next season, or a season where he gets dinged up and misses a game here and there would be disastrous for a kid like Cronk which is why the smart move is to strike while the iron is hot.  He has such a small sample size of play that anything going wrong next year would be a big hit to his draft stock.    Gotta remember he had VERY limited film before USF and his film should be good for this season barring something unforeseen and there is no guarantee he's as successful next season, especially with Ford potentially cutting into his carries.   If he get's a 4th round grade he's gone.  With the devaluation of RB's at the NFL level due to teams finally figuring out you don't have to reach above the 3rd to get a great or at least productive NFL back and the proliferation of mulitback systems you have to strike while the iron is hot.  Also, remember it's always better to to get injured when you're getting paid to rehab than not....  

Very valid points. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I can't wait for McDoom to start playing. I feel Waller and Leacock will be more impact players next year. Only thing is that I see Waller listed as Offensive lineman now. I would prefer him to stay at DT, but can't lie, he looked great playing offensive line on his film. 

Yeah... and he's Huuuuge! I think he'll stay over that side and I agree with you.  Leacock is a guy I think they are allowing to develop.  He can be one of those special guys like Senat was.  The best thing Senat did was get a redshirt... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, FazaUSF said:

There would have to be a massive departure from current approaches, which is hilariously unlikely. The frustration from the fanbase's standpoint is that the talent is absolutely there, both last year and this year, to go undefeated. It is plainly and obviously coaching inadequacies which are failing miserably to put the team in the right positions for success. They have been exposed during play against MUCH lesser competition, and we are proven right when we lose to any half-decent teams we play. Teams we should put away if we had a decent chess player in the coordinator duo. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, Bausfkid said:

7 - 1 and a massive departure would get you fired.  Why would 7 -1 call for massive changes.  Dumb.

The fan base is disappointed?  Aside from a dozen or so on here who seem to know very little about the sport the fan base seems excited about 7 - 1 and controlling their own destiny.

Go Bulls.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, FazaUSF said:

It's not solely about wins and losses. Just ask the CFP committee. The glaring holes have been apparent all season and our competition has been inferior. Just look at our SOS and combined W-L records of the first 7 teams we played compared with the final stretch of teams we play. Our fans and players don't enjoy reading local and national media material discussing how USF is a mediocre team with a pathetic SOS and doesn't deserve respect. We don't appreciate smack talk from fans of other schools when they point out that we want to be taken seriously as a P5-type team by beating up on lesser competition and failing against better competition. It is hollow.

And while you would be disconnected from the pulse of the fan base if you use this board as an appropriate sample, you can't have discussed this situation with many friends who are USF fans if you can't appreciate the palpable collective widespread disappointment with our staff's failure to capitalize on attainable success. The 7-1 record is hollow... it provides fodder for the haters outside the fan base. As a USF fan, you can't possibly be happy with that. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, mjadams said:

With that type of confidence I dont see how CCS beat you out during the coaching interview process.

Bausfkid - where you at on this now?

mjadams - tell me again how I was wrong?

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, FazaUSF said:

I have not called for firing CCS. But I have repeatedly said the same thing about CCS as I did about CWT in his first two years. Learn from mistakes. Game plan better tailored to your players' strengths as well as your competition. Consult. In CCS' case, either overrule your coordinators if they call plays poorly, bring in consultants to help them grow as coordinators or otherwise find a way to help them improve, or worst case scenario change them or demote them. CWT went on a tour of other programs and hired consultants. He competely changed his approach and it worked masterfully. This staff needs help recognizing opportunities for growth and improvement; stagnation is frustrating to watch. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, Triple B said:

Whoa, talk about moving goal posts. That wasn't an expectation or hope for the program but an honest assessment of where we are right now, this year and your post has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Sounds like your deep seated problem is rooted in where we are as a program currently, through no fault of our own.

Who had the more honest assessment of where we are right now?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

Bausfkid - where you at on this now?

mjadams - tell me again how I was wrong?

Whats your coaching record? Easy response. You can play keyboard coach all you want man. This team has alot of problems and none you can fix....only ***** about. Get in line with the others. Maybe you can start a peaceful protest outside of CCS office and demand change. Do something productive.

Feel better now? I responded.

Back to being a father now of my two year old son. Life's too short to give anymore attention to you. Have a good one man.

3 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Who had the more honest assessment of where we are right now?

CCS during his presser

1 minute ago, mjadams said:

Whats your coaching record? Easy response. You can play keyboard coach all you want man. This team has alot of problems and none you can fix....only ***** about. Get in line with the others. Maybe you can start a peaceful protest outside of CCS office and demand change. Do something productive.

Feel better now? I responded.

Back to being a father now of my two year old son. Life's too short to give anymore attention to you. Have a good one man.

You called me out for giving a negative outlook on how the current coaching staff has been handling player development and playcalling. You not just implied, but overtly stated, that I must not know a thing about the subject because I am not a professional college football coach. Eat your crow, boss. I don't love being right about my Bulls, but it's only going to get worse from here. I expressed that as a fan and stakeholder, I may express sentiment all I want on a fan message board - that's why it exists. You attempted to completely undercut my opinion, as though the right to commentary demands a license as a professional, employed coach, and you discounted my opinion via a straw man argument. Fallacy of relevance, my friend. Enjoy the crow.

• Upvote 2