• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t see it...at least not 3 or 4.  There are so many players nationally with more CFB experience. Also, he better start gripping the ball as he is starting to get fumbleitus. 

Cronk would be a fool to leave this season... I for one think his ceiling is higher than what he's currently doing. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Calibull said:

Cronk would be a fool to leave this season... I for one think his ceiling is higher than what he's currently doing. 

THIS

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 hours ago, Calibull said:

With RB's its usually pure economics and whatever gets you to your second NFL contract the quickest.    If Cronk finishes the season with ~1400 yds and 15TD's he should be good for a mid round grade, which was basically where Mack was when he chose to leave (RB's still take a ding for not being P5).   RB is such a high risk position for injury that if you can know you'll be gone by the 4th-5th,  and are a non-P5 back it makes sense to leave early.   An injury to Cronk next season, or a season where he gets dinged up and misses a game here and there would be disastrous for a kid like Cronk which is why the smart move is to strike while the iron is hot.  He has such a small sample size of play that anything going wrong next year would be a big hit to his draft stock.    Gotta remember he had VERY limited film before USF and his film should be good for this season barring something unforeseen and there is no guarantee he's as successful next season, especially with Ford potentially cutting into his carries.   If he get's a 4th round grade he's gone.  With the devaluation of RB's at the NFL level due to teams finally figuring out you don't have to reach above the 3rd to get a great or at least productive NFL back and the proliferation of mulitback systems you have to strike while the iron is hot.  Also, remember it's always better to to get injured when you're getting paid to rehab than not....  

Edited by Bull Dozer

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

THIS

He's top 10 in rushing yards in the FBS, averaging over 7ypc, and will have well into double digit TD's to close the season.  There's really not a ton more he can do.  Especially because this offense rotates backs and it's hard not to get Ford his touches.   

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

He's barely on prospect radars right now, but if he ends up as a 3-4 round projection he could bolt unless he thinks another year will boost his draft status further.    Let's hope Gilbert and CCS can game plan accordingly and keep that draft value down

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

He's top 10 in rushing yards in the FBS, averaging over 7ypc, and will have well into double digit TD's to close the season.  There's really not a ton more he can do.  Especially because this offense rotates backs and it's hard not to get Ford his touches.   

Still, I would not see him going until round 6. Perhaps round 5 if he has a good combine. I am sure he will test the waters to see where he is at. Still, the season is not over and scouts will want to see how he plays in games that count...also I hope he is not in the habit now of putting the ball on the ground.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

21 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why would these two not return? Where the hell else would they go? They are not near being draft material yet. 

I could see Cronk leaving. It's at least a valid discussion/argument.

Barnett leaving for the draft is laughable. If he does he is getting some very very bad advice. Right now he still looks like the guy who couldn't make it at his two previous stops.

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I could see Cronk leaving. It's at least a valid discussion/argument.

Barnett leaving for the draft is laughable. If he does he is getting some very very bad advice. Right now he still looks like the guy who couldn't make it at his two previous stops.

Cronkrite  has had good games against sorry competition. He’s also starting to fumble the ball some. Last, I would think draft experts would want to see how he plays against better teams in games that count.   He did not have the same juice last week as he did and the prior weeks.   I love the kid, but he would be a six round draft pick at best right now. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

54 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Cronkrite  has had good games against sorry competition. He’s also starting to fumble the ball some. Last, I would think draft experts would want to see how he plays against better teams in games that count.   He did not have the same juice last week as he did and the prior weeks.   I love the kid, but he would be a six round draft pick at best right now. 

He's going to have a similar season statistically as Mack did when he came out (fumbles included).   That got Mack taken in the 4th.    

Edit:  He's actually going to have a MUCH more productive season than Mack did his senior season.  Mack had 1100 and change his Junior year, I had it mixed up with his Sophomore year where he had 1300+. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

20 hours ago, Calibull said:

People should remember there are some guys who're sitting that will be impact players next season.  Some guys are already showing flashes and I expect them to get better.  We'll always recruit O-linemen and D-linemen that's par for the course.  I for one think the current unit as it is with the 3 freshmen and two juniors is what we should roll with.  Let them continue to gel and develop continuity because if they can't do anything, they can run block.  The pass blocking will come... you can see the inexperience at center this season in their inability to recognize blitz packages, that will be different next season.  They're going through their bumps and bruises but we'll be a better team in the end.  

D-line is just inexperienced and young for the most part.  After Livingstone and Bronson, everyone else is young.  Now Boyce is back and he's showing how good he's going to be.  We'll be good.  Bronson has been disappointing though.

I can't wait for McDoom to start playing. I feel Waller and Leacock will be more impact players next year. Only thing is that I see Waller listed as Offensive lineman now. I would prefer him to stay at DT, but can't lie, he looked great playing offensive line on his film.