• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow-up on the CCS hate

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, USF Bulls Football said:

The ceiling for this team was about 9-3 to start the season and that’s probably right around where we end up. Houston is by far a better team and prob ends up winning the conference. The amount of talent we lost last year is staggering, almost as staggering as the number of freshman getting significant playing. 

We were missing out best linebacker at a position of zero depth, missing our best WR, rolling with how many Freshman on the o-line? The overreaction is losing to a superior team is jussst a bit much from some on this board.

Houston has the Q 2.0 I expect this could be their year then they will bottom bounce after their HC leaves for a P5 program.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

If we manage a 10 win season with all the young guns we could be something to reckon with next year. Now...if Cronkcrite and Barnett return???

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

29 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

If we manage a 10 win season with all the young guns we could be something to reckon with next year. Now...if Cronkcrite and Barnett return???

I think both will be back

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Look at year 3 with CCS at Louisville.  He needs more D-line help and O-line help. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Why would these two not return? Where the hell else would they go? They are not near being draft material yet. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

4 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I think both will be back

No questions they are back unless BB retires to full time stay at home dad

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why would these two not return? Where the hell else would they go? They are not near being draft material yet. 

I could see Cronk leaving if he gets a 3-4th round grade. RB is a high risk position for injuries and he's going to easily get over 1k rush yards and over a dozen TDs. His production ceiling isn't much higher than that in this offense..... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Rizman said:

Look at year 3 with CCS at Louisville.  He needs more D-line help and O-line help. 

I think next season there will be more than enough D-line and O-line help.  We redshirted a few guys that we didn't play at a ll.  That along with bringing nearly everyone playing back should make a formidable group.  Also next season we'll have a ton of Oline depth and help.  It also looks as if Polk will be back playing next season and that will help a lot.  Our biggest thing is experience.  These guys need to play through there mistakes, that's what he did at Louisville.  He recruited that third year team that was so good.  He basically did the same thing with personnel there he's doing with us.  He's getting his guys in and getting them experience early... next season we'll be stacked across the offensive and defensive lines. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I could see Cronk leaving if he gets a 3-4th round grade. RB is a high risk position for injuries and he's going to easily get over 1k rush yards and over a dozen TDs. His production ceiling isn't much higher than that in this offense..... 

I don’t see it...at least not 3 or 4.  There are so many players nationally with more CFB experience. Also, he better start gripping the ball as he is starting to get fumbleitus. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

People should remember there are some guys who're sitting that will be impact players next season.  Some guys are already showing flashes and I expect them to get better.  We'll always recruit O-linemen and D-linemen that's par for the course.  I for one think the current unit as it is with the 3 freshmen and two juniors is what we should roll with.  Let them continue to gel and develop continuity because if they can't do anything, they can run block.  The pass blocking will come... you can see the inexperience at center this season in their inability to recognize blitz packages, that will be different next season.  They're going through their bumps and bruises but we'll be a better team in the end.  

D-line is just inexperienced and young for the most part.  After Livingstone and Bronson, everyone else is young.  Now Boyce is back and he's showing how good he's going to be.  We'll be good.  Bronson has been disappointing though.

Edited by Calibull