• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

There should absolutely be sections for folks who want to stand. I would happily buy in them. I sit often to be courteous to fellow fans, knowing it is part of the problem of atmosphere at our games. Go to any game in the SEC on any given weekend.... folks who want to sit tend towards handicap seats, stadium box seats, or certain sections. Otherwise, the entire stadium stands the entire time. And it definitely creates an atmosphere... one I wish we had, but do not, thanks to folks who do not cheer, infrequently stand, or worse, do not show up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

These last couple of pages ..... :facepalm:

12 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You cannot be surprised by any of it. 

I absolutely am ..... by some of it. It pains my heart to see some of our fans not grasping things like that ...... although you'd think lob would have toughened me up in that regard a long time ago.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

There should absolutely be sections for folks who want to stand. I would happily buy in them. I sit often to be courteous to fellow fans, knowing it is part of the problem of atmosphere at our games. Go to any game in the SEC on any given weekend.... folks who want to sit tend towards handicap seats, stadium box seats, or certain sections. Otherwise, the entire stadium stands the entire time. And it definitely creates an atmosphere... one I wish we had, but do not, thanks to folks who do not cheer, infrequently stand, or worse, do not show up.

Yep, whether people sit or stand there is still too many red seats visible.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

This is simply not true

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

This is simply not true

Alternative facts.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I won't say that I read every post here, but, I have a general rule that I try to follow... don't be a nuisance to others... So, even if I REALLY want to stand for the entire time, if I am going to block someone else by doing so, I'll sit my butt down so as not to inhibit someone else. I tend to think it's just being courteous, but, it seems I am more the exception than the rule these days.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but, if you're standing and the people behind you can't see, do you realize that you are making a statement that you are more important than them? That you have decided that your enjoyment of the game is the most important thing in the world and they can go fly a kite?

This isn't really about sitting or standing at a football game, it's all facets of life. Try to be mindful of others, look for ways that you can get what you want without trampling on someone else. The world will be a better place.

For the specific issue here, nothing you can do at an away game except try to let everyone enjoy without putting yourself first. But, for home games, I completely agree that USF should market sections of the stadium as standing areas and let everyone know that this section is likely to have obstructed views from the seated position.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

I absolutely am ..... by some of it. It pains my heart to see some of our fans not grasping things like that ...... although you'd think lob would have toughened me up in that regard a long time ago.

Fish will always bite hooks as they have done for years and years ... 

Edit:  Also, it's pretty funny, that NAS, as antagonistic as he is, was the biggest fish caught on this thread.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When you only have 22,000 at a game standing looks kind of lame and has little impact. But with 45k it will be effective 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When you only have 22,000 at a game standing looks kind of lame and has little impact. But with 45k it will be effective 

This is false if we use the obstructed view argument 22,000 standing fans could cover the empty seats and make it look like 45,000.

• Haha 1