• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

I am going to take the unpopular opinion. One random dude standing in section full of people sitting on second and 7 in the 1st quarter is obnoxious. 

I am all for standing and getting loud on defensive 3rd/4th down. Offensive goal line plays. (and of course, after big plays to celebrate)

Standing doesn't make you a better fan. I get that students do it, but once you are no longer a student you need to be able to go with the flow. You can support your team just as well sitting as standing. If people are standing in front of you, blocking your view, by all mean, stand so you can see. 

I go to the games with my father, who is in his mid-70's, has really bad knee problems and hurts a lot every time he has to stand. He should be able to see most of the game from his seat, then he can elect to stand or sit when the whole section rises up. (for example, he stood on the Illinois final drive Saturday, but elected to watch other plays on the video board when others in front of him stood). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

I am going to take the unpopular opinion. One random dude standing in section full of people sitting on second and 7 in the 1st quarter is obnoxious. 

I am all for standing and getting loud on defensive 3rd/4th down. Offensive goal line plays. (and of course, after big plays to celebrate)

Standing doesn't make you a better fan. I get that students do it, but once you are no longer a student you need to be able to go with the flow. You can support your team just as well sitting as standing. If people are standing in front of you, blocking your view, by all mean, stand so you can see. 

I go to the games with my father, who is in his mid-70's, has really bad knee problems and hurts a lot every time he has to stand. He should be able to see most of the game from his seat, then he can elect to stand or sit when the whole section rises up. (for example, he stood on the Illinois final drive Saturday, but elected to watch other plays on the video board when others in front of him stood). 

#commonsense

• Like 1

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

#commonsense

I agree, but we have many fans who don't have it, sadly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I agree, but we have many fans who don't have it, sadly. 

While I am at it, my biggest sports pet peeve are the people who are oblivious to the game and standing in the aisle for long periods of time have a conversation, ignoring the game and blocking other's views. I went to 3 games this weekend and saw it at all 3 games. (Brewers, USF and Northwestern). I am 100% ok with people going to the game as a social event and not caring about the game. But you have to have enough self awareness to know when you are taking away from other's experience. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

From my observations I am alot louder when I'm standing then when I'm not... Something about that athletic stance. I do understand where you are coming from with a mother that has knee issues but I do believe the needs of the many out weights the needs of the few. 

Edited by Thebullsfan

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

From my observations I am alot louder when I'm standing then when I'm not... Something about that athletic stance. 

Your diaphragm is able to expand much more when you're standing than when you're sitting, so you're able to project further when that happens.  #science

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

Am I misunderstanding something here? Why in the hell would you want to start screaming when we were backed up in our own endzone??

Illinois was backed up to our end zone. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

32 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

From my observations I am alot louder when I'm standing then when I'm not... Something about that athletic stance. I do understand where you are coming from with a mother that has knee issues but I do believe the needs of the many out weights the needs of the few. 

Would you say you have a wide stance?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

45 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

#commonsense

That was outlawed in the 21st Century, my professors at USF told me it was a tool of the Patriarchy and White Supremacy.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Would you say you have a wide stance?

I'll get a lab coat on and do a YouTube video on it... Release date is indefinite.