• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You would think with as hot button as this topic is we would have a packed stadium and not one that is 2/3 empty. You would think there should be plenty of room for people to sit, stand or switch seats 45,000 times a game if they so choose. 

I think you mean 1/3 full.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

On 9/16/2018 at 6:26 PM, JTrue said:

As a former college athlete, I can assure you I typically operated at about 80%. Cheering loudly got me to 90%. Standing AND cheering is literally the only time I gave a 100% effort on the field.

I thought you lost your legs to the Recyclosaurus, mmh?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

That was after my athletic career, when I worked for MOSI.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

57 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I think you mean 1/3 full.

Of course, I am the eternal optimist.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

54 minutes ago, Brad said:

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That was after my athletic career, when I worked for MOSI.

Makes sense.  No reason not to believe you.  Thanks.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

RayJay capacity approximately 65K.   2017 average attendance for USF football approximately 31K.  That's almost 1/2 full.

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

RayJay capacity approximately 65K.   2017 average attendance for USF football approximately 31K.  That's almost 1/2 full.

We are in 2018, we have averaged 1/3 of 65k this year.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

49 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We are in 2018, we have averaged 1/3 of 65k this year.

I was using the last full year, but if we are going with 2018 then we are averaging about 32-33K this year so that is right at 1/2 of 65K

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I was using the last full year, but if we are going with 2018 then we are averaging about 32-33K this year so that is right at 1/2 of 65K

We are talking seats to be used. Both games were around 21k butts in seats which means you have 2/3 to move to if you can’t see or are tired of being harassed for standing. The problem is if you are standing you say it’s my seat why should I move and if you are sitting you say it’s my seat why should I move. And I am a proponent too for using just the announced number like everyone else but if we are talking about how much room you have it’s at least 2/3 not even including all the people in the club area and concourses.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 9/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, jchem1995 said:

OK guys so I was sitting in section 114 row 4 yesterday and I was standing for a couple plays in the very first series. Some  older Bull’s fan behind me (about 4 rows back) screamed “hey are you going to stand for the whole **** game.” I turned around looked at him and I thought what a **** BUT I sat down down .  But fortunately for me there about 20 other Bulls Fans that stood up in front of me on the next play when we were backed up in our own End-zone and we started screaming .  I then turned around and gave that guy the death stare. Man I don't get it. I don’t ever want to hear that crap again.  Hey Old alumn, if you don’t want to stand up and cheer get the hell out of the stands that’s my final word . Sick of this ****. I love my Bulls and those that were there, were a factor of noise. Rant over.

I'm over 50, and I've been experiencing the same thing for nearly a decade.  I try to respect that, but on 3rd down on D, I'm standing up, flapping the chair and screaming.  Learn to stand and make noise, and move to the upper deck.  

Again, I respect not standing all game, but on big plays, you should.  We don't have huge crowds, but when we get rowdy, we can affect the foe.  And THAT...is what fanatics should do.

Great post!