• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

This has always been one of my pet peeves at games. While I don’t think we can afford to lose any fans even if they are sitters it would be nice if our home games at least could have standing sections, road games tend to have more rabid fans so I’m surprised someone would be strongly anti standing and cheering.

Here is what I said prior to you thinking I said all sitters should stay home so I can understand how now you would take the stance that I’m creating a straw man argument against you. Also in my experience people that fight to the death for their right to sit aren’t quite the most rambunctious of fans but I’m sure you are the exception.

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

A - Please show me where, and I quote, "I stated that wanting them to sit quietly like they are at home is unreasonable and you forfeit some of that expectation by going to a live sporting event." as compared to, and again I quote "You know a nice place to sit quietly in comfort with no one standing or disturbing people? Your house..."

B - I guarantee you that I can, and am, louder in my seat than most no matter if I'm sitting or standing. It does not change the excitement level either way. 

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,111
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

OK guys so I was sitting in section 114 row 4 yesterday and I was standing for a couple plays in the very first series. Some  older Bull’s fan behind me (about 4 rows back) screamed “hey are you going to stand for the whole **** game.” I turned around looked at him and I thought what a **** BUT I sat down down .  But fortunately for me there about 20 other Bulls Fans that stood up in front of me on the next play when we were backed up in our own End-zone and we started screaming .  I then turned around and gave that guy the death stare. Man I don't get it. I don’t ever want to hear that crap again.  Hey Old alumn, if you don’t want to stand up and cheer get the hell out of the stands that’s my final word . Sick of this ****. I love my Bulls and those that were there, were a factor of noise. Rant over.

This is nonsense. Stand for key plays - needed third-down stops, goal line stands. Stand when we score. But standing for the entire game is disrespectful to everyone around you. My Dad has a knee and hip replacement, my nephew is 5 feet tall. How are they supposed to enjoy the game when you're standing in front of them all game? Have some respect for those around you.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Here is what I said prior to you thinking I said all sitters should stay home so I can understand how now you would take the stance that I’m creating a straw man argument against you. Also in my experience people that fight to the death for their right to sit aren’t quite the most rambunctious of fans but I’m sure you are the exception.

I have no problem with this - While I don’t think we can afford to lose any fans even if they are sitters 

I do have a problem with this. - You know a nice place to sit quietly in comfort with no one standing or disturbing people? Your house..."

Your words, not mine. I'm done with this one.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

It's interesting to me that the sitting/standing thing is so contingent and varied based on sport (and probably other factors).  For example, I went to an MLS game during a recent business trip and it was 100% expected that fans would stand during the entire event.  I mean, you could sit down, but a majority of the fans were standing throughout the match. I stood the entire time, and never thought anything of it, really.  

I prefer to stand during the entirety of football games.  And did so as a student.  But, also, those were the last USF games I attended (due to relocation).  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

As with many things the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Fans that sit through an entire game with little to no emotion are lame.

Fans that stand the entire time with no regard to their surroundings are a-holes.

I definitely like to yell and get fired up, so I’m closer to that side of the camp.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

The cheerleaders hold sign that say stand up I love watching the game and yes I do stand as I do at concerts its exciting and the team get excited when everyone is supporting them .🤘💖🐂🐃🏈

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Maybe it would be more “thrilling” if you tried standing up and cheering. Ray Jay has the atmosphere of a funeral, heaven forbid people try to make it marginally exciting and maybe lead to people actually wanting to come to the games

It's the AAC. Why the **** would people want to come to the games??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

But fortunately for me there about 20 other Bulls Fans that stood up in front of me on the next play when we were backed up in our own End-zone and we started screaming .

Am I misunderstanding something here? Why in the hell would you want to start screaming when we were backed up in our own endzone??

57 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I have no problem with this - While I don’t think we can afford to lose any fans even if they are sitters 

I do have a problem with this. - You know a nice place to sit quietly in comfort with no one standing or disturbing people? Your house..."

Your words, not mine. I'm done with this one.

GO BULLS!

Sorry for not being more sympathetic and recognizing squatters rights would be such a near and dear to your heart topic. Try standing every once and a while, you may just like it. 

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's the AAC. Why the **** would people want to come to the games??

2i350s.jpg