• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta Get This Off The Chest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

I will never understand why anyone would want to stand for three or four hours... I am one of those who would politely ask you to sit down.

There is a reason why there are SEATS in a stadium, after all - they are there in which ti SIT.

Standing WHEN APPROPRIATE (3rd downs, exciting plays, etc) is fine.  Standing when it's just ordinary football will never ever make sense to me.

Do you stand when you go see a movie? Or a broadway show? 

This is how I see it.  If someone is standing and blocking my view I use it as an excuse to stand too.  If they sit down I'll sit down.  If someone says something to me a tell them I can't see over the other guy.  If it's a big play or a meaningful time in the game I'll stand regardless.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Yes, and at those major programs the non-student sections are not standing for the entire game.

So clearly this is one of those "student traditions" one gives up after graduating.

Maybe it would be more “thrilling” if you tried standing up and cheering. Ray Jay has the atmosphere of a funeral, heaven forbid people try to make it marginally exciting and maybe lead to people actually wanting to come to the games. You know a nice place to sit quietly in comfort with no one standing or disturbing people? Your house which is what we are competing with, we need a market differentiator if we want people to come to the games and being loud and proud is that marketable difference. Think back to when things were fun, do you remember more or less quiet sitting during those times? People stood, they cheered and it was infectious and drew in fans. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

That was me. I lost my legs in an accident with Recyclosaurus and can’t stand anymore. My bad, but it’s tough to see over people.

Hey man I understand. I'm sending you my spare set of fan legs. If they don't work for you then try my away game suit. 

img-aba3.jpg.cf.jpg

88cac450935c43493bca501292494042.jpg.cf.jpg

Just now, puc86 said:

Maybe it would be more “thrilling” if you tried standing up and cheering. Ray Jay has the atmosphere of a funeral, heaven forbid people try to make it marginally exciting and maybe lead to people actually wanting to come to the games. You know a nice place to sit quietly in comfort with no one standing or disturbing people? Your house which is what we are competing with, we need a market differentiator if we want people to come to the games and being loud and proud is that marketable difference. Think back to when things were fun, do you remember more or less quiet sitting during those times? People stood, they cheered and it was infectious and drew in fans. 

I stand and cheer... big plays I am up and jumping and screaming... 3rd downs I am making myself hoarse...

But it's a temporary thing for me... I stand cheer and sit back down... sitting for 90% of the plays in most games...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

1 minute ago, Azmodi said:

88cac450935c43493bca501292494042.jpg.cf.jpg

This bugs me.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

I stand and cheer... big plays I am up and jumping and screaming... 3rd downs I am making myself hoarse...

But it's a temporary thing for me... I stand cheer and sit back down... sitting for 90% of the plays in most games...

Some people just have wider definitions or even a wag the dog approach, that standing and cheering is what makes the play exciting instead of waiting for the the play to decide it for them; I don’t think it’s unreasonable to understand the point of view.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some people just have wider definitions or even a wag the dog approach, that standing and cheering is what makes the play exciting instead of waiting for the the play to decide it for them; I don’t think it’s unreasonable to understand the point of view.

Yeah because fans standing and watching when USF has the ball first and ten at the 48 yard line winning by 10 points in the 2nd quarter can suddenly make that HB dive exciting!!

😉

Edited by JimUSFSig

I challenge anyone to try throwing caution to the wind and doubling the number the times they stand and cheer beyond what they think is appropriate and seeing if it has a positive or negative affect on their gameday experience (assuming they aren’t arrested for having fun at Ray Jay).

Just now, JimUSFSig said:

Yeah because fans standing and watching when USF has the ball first and ten at the 48 yard line winning by 10 points in the 2nd quarter can suddenly make that HB dive exciting!!

😉

I would say it makes it measurably more exciting for them than sitting quietly would.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn at Curtis Hixon back in the day and the only guy standing in the entire audience  is about 4 rows in front of me.  Hes not only standing up, he’s standing in his chair.  I finally get fed up and wad up my paper cup and throw and hit him mid back. He turns around and glares down at the guy behind him and he shrugs and says it wasn’t him. Then everyone says “Sit DOWN”. He does his tough guy glare at the crowd and then sits. Was that you? 

If it was the 1987 show with Gregg Allman, I was at that show as well. One of the best...