• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

First off, USF does not pay $400k per home game at RJS. They pay just over $200k per home game and 8% (up to $2.50 per ticket) of ticket sales. That is reasonable considering RJS provides law enforcement, medical, security, operations staff, ushers, ticketers, cleanup, parking lot staff, maintenance, equipment operators (sound, scoreboard, etc.), utilities, supplies, and i'm sure more that I don't know about. 

Secondly, USF is struggling raising money for the IPF because alumni and other donors are holding back their funds to donate toward an on campus stadium when a fund is available. USF needs to join these two projects into one project, and state that they will begin building the IPF once they reach a certain amount in donations and then will start designing and building the OCS once the IPF is completed and they have reached a specific threshold in donations. 

Third, if USF builds an OCS they need to do it right. UCF built a piece of **** stadium and now is having to throw more money into it to repair the so called "bounce house" so that it is structurally sound. It is better to just put the money into it upfront and not have any issues with the stadium. 

Lastly, the agreement with RJS ends in 2022, but has an option to extend it for another 5 years. I would not expect there to be any serious OCS talks until #1 the IPF is finished, and #2 the agreement with RJS is nearing its completion. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

This thread is not fun anymore, the vermin showed up.  Just shut it all down, mods. 

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I would say having an OCS probably 7-8 years ago would have been dumb. Now I think it holds water. The New Tampa area, Land O' Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and the area directly around USF are exploding. The USF/VA/Yuengling/healthcare facilities provide a huge boom for jobs in the area. The USF Campus and surrounding area are booming. I think a 30-35k stadium would generally be filled just from walk ups. We were getting 26k at RayJ last year. To say we can't get 4k more from students alone is kind of silly.

I think finding the money is going to be the difficult thing. IPF has to be done first as someone said earlier. Once that ball is rolling, I think that the argument starts to become whether we build 35k or 40k stadium and not whether we have a OCS. I'm looking forward to buying my season tickets in our new OCS in 2023.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

This thread is not fun anymore, the vermin showed up.  Just shut it all down, mods. 

You mean you wouldn’t go to a UCF board to discuss what they should do about their stadium and how copying us and more closely associating with us would be better for their program? I know I lost myself at go to a UCF message board but for some reason they seem to like us a bit more than we like them. I’m going to send them a copy of he’s just not that into you.

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

One unknown, not addressed in the study, is will tackle football even be in existence in 30-40 years to warrant this kind of expenditure?

We hear millenials don’t watch, attendance is down everywhere, concussions and CTE studies will vastly change the game. Not saying I agree with it but if you aren’t sure, then maybe you just keep renting.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

20 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Chance for a NC!  How about winning the conference the Bulls are in?  If you can’t  manage to win a minor league conference, how can you expect to win a Major League Conference?

What i said was any P5 team that wins all their games makes it into the playoffs.  The clock restarts every year.  This is clearly not the case for the G5.

If Kansas goes 12-0 from the B12, they are making the playoff. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Has anyone mentioned that ucf blows yet?

13 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

What i said was any P5 team that wins all their games makes it into the playoffs.  The clock restarts every year.  This is clearly not the case for the G5.

If Kansas goes 12-0 from the B12, they are making the playoff. 

Don't waste your time.  He isn't interested in what you actually said.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

One unknown, not addressed in the study, is will tackle football even be in existence in 30-40 years to warrant this kind of expenditure?

We hear millenials don’t watch, attendance is down everywhere, concussions and CTE studies will vastly change the game. Not saying I agree with it but if you aren’t sure, then maybe you just keep renting.

We'll use it for Quidditch if tackle goes extinct.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Non USF nonsense has been moved here ....

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Believe it was at 12,501 to make us the highest in the BE by 1.  Could be mistaken.

Sorry my mistake I thought it was 15,001. Believe you are right.