• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Move to a P5? I am going to blink my eyes and make it happen...

translation: Do nothing with an OCS until 2023 when the P5 GORs start to expire.  If we dont get picked up at that point, shut it down.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Sellular1 said:

translation: Do nothing with an OCS until 2023 when the P5 GORs start to expire.  If we dont get picked up at that point, shut it down.

Shut it down? Oh hell no! There are too many moving parts to have a hard deadline like that.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Which is exactly the point, right now, this is the best we can do and we can build from here. 

I may have misspoken here. My point was that in those days, they were probably considered nice stadiums for college football and then they upgraded as the times allowed. They weren’t the “cheap” option. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

There will be no OCS before 2023, but there can be a plan and a goal and working getting the funds raised.  I believe their current lease with RJS ends in 2023.  There's nothing wrong with a 35-40K stadium that can be expanded when it becomes neccessary

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

When I win the Powerball I will put down half of the 240M so that it can be called:

Jim Leavitt field at DELdaBULL Stadium brought to you by TheBullsPen.com

Edited by DELdaBull
Because Love
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Reading the article that New England posted in the thread that will not end, most conferences TV agreements are ending around 2023 and there may be a major landscape change.  We could wait to see how that pans out to make a decision on the direction we go with our stadium

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

I just read the whole report and can summarize what wasn't said but is the only thing that matters.

Get out of the AAC and into a P5 conference. 

Start every season with a chance to play for a Natty.  (any P5 team that wins all their games makes the playoffs).  Play against teams that matter, no offense to Tulsa/Tulane's of the world.  That's how you draw 60k+ to a game, because it means something... 

A 35k seat stadium is a bad idea.  If we are stuck in the minors then we stay at RayJay.  If we get called up to the show, go with 60k.

Chance for a NC!  How about winning the conference the Bulls are in?  If you can’t  manage to win a minor league conference, how can you expect to win a Major League Conference?

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If you can’t  manage to win a minor league conference, how can you expect to win a Major League Conference?

Easy.  Hire Nick Saban right after they hire Geno Auriemma

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

This is a great question about the Sun Dome.  I imagine an OCS could certainly compete price wise and win some events from Ray Jay.  Obviously some they would not.  

Unlike RJS,  OCS parking will be a nightmare.  USF is further from the airport and hotel rooms could be another negative, plus RJS is close to the World Famous Mons!   Yes, they will get some events, but will they actually net enough to put a dent in the annual cost of OCS debt?

There will be enough revenue to cover the debt.  They aren't going to finance $240 million