• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

First off, USF does not pay $400k per home game at RJS. They pay just over $200k per home game and 8% (up to $2.50 per ticket) of ticket sales. That is reasonable considering RJS provides law enforcement, medical, security, operations staff, ushers, ticketers, cleanup, parking lot staff, maintenance, equipment operators (sound, scoreboard, etc.), utilities, supplies, and i'm sure more that I don't know about. 

Secondly, USF is struggling raising money for the IPF because alumni and other donors are holding back their funds to donate toward an on campus stadium when a fund is available. USF needs to join these two projects into one project, and state that they will begin building the IPF once they reach a certain amount in donations and then will start designing and building the OCS once the IPF is completed and they have reached a specific threshold in donations. 

Third, if USF builds an OCS they need to do it right. UCF built a piece of **** stadium and now is having to throw more money into it to repair the so called "bounce house" so that it is structurally sound. It is better to just put the money into it upfront and not have any issues with the stadium. 

Lastly, the agreement with RJS ends in 2022, but has an option to extend it for another 5 years. I would not expect there to be any serious OCS talks until #1 the IPF is finished, and #2 the agreement with RJS is nearing its completion. 

First I've heard this theory.  Would like to know how many Iron Bulls you've talked to re: this. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

First I've heard this theory.  Would like to know how many Iron Bulls you've talked to re: this. 

Come on. Now he has to lie and we all have to be nice and not call him out on it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Question shouldn't be limited to IB's. How many alumni and/or other donors talked to that are withholding IPF donations? ..... or who in Athletics is telling you this?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

Come on. Now he has to lie and we all have to be nice and not call him out on it.

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Question shouldn't be limited to IB's. How many alumni and/or other donors talked to that are withholding IPF donations? ..... or who in Athletics is telling you this?

Just a theory, aka my opinion developed over a lunch conversation with some other alumni. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'd like to know who this person has spoken to as well.

We've raised more than a 1/4 of the amount for the IPF and there are a couple of potential major gifts coming soon. 

While I am sure there are those holding off to fund and OCS instead of the IPF, I do not believe that number to be that significant.

Edited by John Lewis

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I'd like to know who this person has spoken to as well.

We've raised more than a 1/4 of the amount for the IPF and there are a couple of potentials major gifts coming soon. 

While I am sure there are those holding off to fund and OCS instead of the IPF, I do not believe that number to be that significant.

Like TA said, it's just a theory that he and some fellow alums were tossing around. No different than some of the theories tossed around on here .... like an ocs is needed for P5 inclusion, CWT broke AW's foot, et al.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Like TA said, it's just a theory that he and some fellow alums were tossing around. No different than some of the theories tossed around on here .... like an ocs is needed for P5 inclusion, CWT broke AW's foot, et al.

I should have read further along in the thread to see his answer.

I have definitely talked to some people who are holding off for the OCS, but it's not a large amount of people.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

21 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

First off, USF does not pay $400k per home game at RJS. They pay just over $200k per home game and 8% (up to $2.50 per ticket) of ticket sales. That is reasonable considering RJS provides law enforcement, medical, security, operations staff, ushers, ticketers, cleanup, parking lot staff, maintenance, equipment operators (sound, scoreboard, etc.), utilities, supplies, and i'm sure more that I don't know about. 

Secondly, USF is struggling raising money for the IPF because alumni and other donors are holding back their funds to donate toward an on campus stadium when a fund is available. USF needs to join these two projects into one project, and state that they will begin building the IPF once they reach a certain amount in donations and then will start designing and building the OCS once the IPF is completed and they have reached a specific threshold in donations. 

Third, if USF builds an OCS they need to do it right. UCF built a piece of **** stadium and now is having to throw more money into it to repair the so called "bounce house" so that it is structurally sound. It is better to just put the money into it upfront and not have any issues with the stadium. 

Lastly, the agreement with RJS ends in 2022, but has an option to extend it for another 5 years. I would not expect there to be any serious OCS talks until #1 the IPF is finished, and #2 the agreement with RJS is nearing its completion. 

The first 2 paragraphs are stated as facts.  Not that it matters but it sounded as if he had some knowledge.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The first 2 paragraphs are stated as facts.  Not that it matters but it sounded as if he had some knowledge.

You are correct, the first paragraph consists of facts. Everything beyond that is opinion. I should have started the second paragraph "Secondly, I feel" or "Secondly, in my opinion" haha. Sorry for the confusion.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I should have read further along in the thread to see his answer.

I have definitely talked to some people who are holding off for the OCS, but it's not a large amount of people.

I won't contribute my TBP points for the IPF, only for the OCS.