• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I think if students find the 15 minute drive inconvenient, then they will find another inconvenient reason to not go. One positive would be that Frats/srats not having to drive home drunk. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Azmodi said:

I believe the powers that be mean, they don't want a stadium that will be condemned within five years. They want a stadium that they we can all be proud of and enjoy for many years to come.

Right, exactly, and that kind of over exaggeration does not belong in a feasibility study.  We would be proud of what ever they build because it was ours.  Take the eyes off Ucf and look to Houston, TCU, FSU.  All with a similar build and we could do that for 150mil.  Houston’s stadium looks great but because Ucf used a metal design it is a giant no.  That is a problem. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Right, exactly, and that kind of over exaggeration does not belong in a feasibility study.  We would be proud of what ever they build because it was ours.  Take the eyes off Ucf and look to Houston, TCU, FSU.  All with a similar build and we could do that for 150mil.  Houston’s stadium looks great but because Ucf used a metal design it is a giant no.  That is a problem. 

I neither agree nor disagree with you. My take is that if the powers that be feel that way, they should pitch in comparatively to their feelings to make it happen. If anything, the study shows it is feasible and could generate a surplus of revenue. That should be the lone deciding  factor.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,024
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

We would be proud of what ever they build because it was ours.  Take the eyes off Ucf and look to Houston, TCU, FSU.  All with a similar build and we could do that for 150mil.  Houston’s stadium looks great but because Ucf used a metal design it is a giant no.  That is a problem. 

Houston looks ideal for what we need.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

TCU, FSU.

Got to take these out of the comparison. Can't really take in to account stadiums that were built in 1930 and 1950 respectively. That probably was the best they could do and just built from there. But for the record, I don't want Houston's stadium either, the fact that its UCF doesn't bother me, i'm just not surprised they would take that route. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

I'm really late to this conversation but I will just make a couple of points.  It does seem to be the competition that is the biggest problem. We're winning games and people aren't showing up.  As for the OCS increasing attendance I'll point to SMU.  They have a great setup around their stadium. Tons of tents and parties and lots and lots of people.  And then, when the game starts, they are still outside partying and the stadium is a ghost town.  Maybe if they were playing, and I come back to it, better competition they'd go inside. But look to Oct/Nov for something that could influence the building of an OCS.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,896
  • Days Won:  33

54 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

wasn't there a report this past year that the stadium had major infrastructure issues due to rust?? No thanks. 

Yes, UCF is suing the company that built the stadium because of the issues that their stadium currently has.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

57 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I think if students find the 15 minute drive inconvenient, then they will find another inconvenient reason to not go. One positive would be that Frats/srats not having to drive home drunk. 

Yep, and it’s unlikely they will be regulars at an OCS after they graduate and are living more than 15 minutes away from the campus.

6 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Yes, UCF is suing the company that built the stadium because of the issues that their stadium currently has.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

And...sometimes you don’t.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

59 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Which of those other stadiums have metal decking?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Was their gameday experience so great when they went 0-12 or even 6-7? Judging from the lack of butts in the seats, I would say no.

Actually their game day experience was the ONLY good part of those two seasons. The STUDENTS partied until game time then went back to their dorms. NOW that they have won some games those STUDENTS are going in and "ROCKING" their OCS.

Piss on them all you want, but they are winning, filling their stadium, getting donations, and increasing their season ticket sales.

We're winning, nothing else. It's a friggin' embarrassment.