• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

17 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Not necessarily.  You don't know what the debt service on the stadium would be.

While true that we would not know what the debt services will, it would still make sense to build since this would be a long term investment.

Remember, USF collects $0 on concessions, $0 on single game parking, gives 8% of ticket revenue to TSA and does not collect fully on luxury box seats.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Remember, USF collects $0 on concessions, $0 on single game parking, gives 8% of ticket revenue to TSA and does not collect fully on luxury box seats.

8% on announced or actual attendance?  I kid, I kid..

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Simple solution.  One of you pony up $240 million.  They would probably break ground tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Simple solution.  One of you pony up $240 million.  They would probably break ground tomorrow.

Or, our administration can stop acting like we can’t afford it and make an investment.  That coupled with the fact that we can build a very nice OCS for 150mil. Then they can still break ground tomorrow.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

Well then, they better build the stadium in the middle of the dorms, because Fowler Field will be too far to go for the students walk to.

Face the facts, there isn’t enough interest in attending USF football games, and there aren’t enough donors to build an OCS at this time.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Well then, they better build the stadium in the middle of the dorms, because Fowler Field will be too far to go for the students walk to.

Face the facts, there isn’t enough interest in attending USF football games, and there aren’t enough donors to build an OCS at this time.

Problem is the teams we play.  Not enough interest to get 30,000 people consistently to games. 

8 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

6 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Problem is the teams we play.  Not enough interest to get 30,000 people consistently to games. 

Because we have not built our Fanbase from the inside.  OCS gets students to games, students graduate with that experience, alumni (who were prior attending students) come back to games, they have children that grow up attending games, a culture and legacy develop...  We can kick this can down the street for years but nothing will change.  The future cost of building will continue to outpace our revenue.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

38 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

While true that we would not know what the debt services will, it would still make sense to build since this would be a long term investment.

Don’t forget USF doesn’t have the operational and maintenance expenses associated with a stadium.  Football is played at an OCS only six to seven days a year.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 minutes ago, Rizman said:

The problem is too many people go for the opponent and not, "their" team.

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Because we have not built our Fanbase from the inside.  OCS gets students to games, students graduate with that experience, alumni (who were prior attending students) come back to games, they have children that grow up attending games, a culture and legacy develop...   

There is no evidence to support this

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

The problem is too many people go for the opponent and not, "their" team.

There is no evidence to support this

There absolutely is - look around college football.  Generations of fans attending and watching football.  Students saying that the stadium is too far away or they would attend.  Refusing to see the evidence is different than there not being evidence.  Hell, last year at the ucf game, I could be wrong, but thier student section now goes from the bottom to the top of both end zones.  If you think there is no correlation to growing up in that type of environment and future support, . well... I don’t know what to say. 

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 2