• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

14 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

Did you go to the war on I-4 game last year? If you did I think you'd see what he means.

I did, wasn't impressed. Parking sucked. Had to walk a couple miles to sit packed like rats in a half ass stadium, spent most of the game trying to find the play clock hidden to the bottom corner because the apparently the scoreboard doesn't have that capability. 

3 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

That's stupid.  If someone is willing to build a stadium for us you support it.  

Don't build a busch league stadium. ill still support, I'll watch every game, we make more on TV deals than game rev anyway. But don't expect me dish out the little bit of extra money I have to watch a game is a stadium like spectrum. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I did not attend college. I have experienced "it" on other teams campuses nearly every year that USF has played football. Syracuse is the only one that I can remember that didn't make "game day" an event.

In an OCS USF could make the rules as to what experiences there are in the pre game intro. Like maybe a real BULL... I promise that will NEVER happen at RayJay.

You sold me.  A real live bull, wow.  Where's my checkbook.

If we put a live bull in our stadium, people would just call it a poor man's Bevo. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

All I can say is that @ArmyBull is owning this convo.  Preach.  So much making sense.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If we put a live bull in our stadium, people would just call it a poor man's Bevo. 

I’m going to with your a “glass half-empty” kinda guy. 

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I’m going to with your a “glass half-empty” kinda guy. 

a realist, yes. Its just silly to think that we could do something that UT has been doing for over 100 years and people not call us copy cats. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

8 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

a realist, yes. Its just silly to think that we could do something that UT has been doing for over 100 years and people not call us copy cats. 

Like UT would ever say such a thing.  Go Bulls my man and smile every once in awhile.

E9BAC861-C09D-4702-BA27-E0809296A469.jpeg

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Just an example - I was a die hard BUCS fan, season tickets, tailgates, away games... Then the BULLS came along. Now I might watch 3 or 4 BUCS games a year, on TV. I was a die hard fantasy football enthusiast for years. Took one year off and lost all interest in fantasy football. Now I have found a ton of good Sunday afternoon activities and spending time with my wife and family.

The BULLS got Holtzed and left out of expansion. I would guess that a LOT of those earlier BE fans just found other things to do.

Students have plenty of things to do, but they will NEVER experience the college game day atmosphere at RayJay, and I believe that that is the single most important aspect of building a lasting fan base.

That and it takes building it over generations, and getting those families to come back to the campus for those events.  Right now our tradition is around Mons and a Burger King.  

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Bottom line.  The people that would be on the hook for the $100 million+ debt, don't feel like it's in our best interest at this time.

That is the bottom line and our only hope is that something drastic changes.  No matter how long we wait, the debt is going to be the debt.  In another 10 years the cost of a basic metal stadium will be $250mil plus and the same excuses will be handed out.  

By that time our friends to east will have replaced thier metal with concreate and we will demand a 450 mil stadium for the same reasons we are using now.  Depressing.