• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Then stop running studies, say we're not building an OCS, and move on.   And don't complain about the lack of support

So we'd be adding no ocs to the myriad of excuses for the lack of support? It's just the opposite. Lack of support is the main reason we wouldn't be building one .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, ArmyBull said:

Like UT would ever say such a thing.  Go Bulls my man and smile every once in awhile.

E9BAC861-C09D-4702-BA27-E0809296A469.jpeg

This is the exact reason we shouldn't draw any more connections to what they do.

The bottom line here is that people that have the ability to make the OSC happen don't want to attach their names to something like spectrum stadium, they even named it when making that point. If the sponsor corporations don't want it, theres nothing any of us can do, I just happen to appreciate their  stance. 

image.png.b29e469e9533473a739c865f2b988f9b.png

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, ECUshoein said:

Did you go to the war on I-4 game last year? If you did I think you'd see what he means.

That is what he means.  We've added the shouting guy from Lightning games, but mostly it's pretty peaceful in there.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I've said this many times, I want an OCS, but I know full well that it will have very little, if any effect on attendance. 

I know we have talked about this over the years, but has your evidence expanded beyond the one FCS article you have used in the past.  How about more recent evidence, like the fact that ucf is blowing us away in donations, alumni support, and attendance, despite the fact that we have played the three best years of football in our existence? 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So we'd be adding no ocs to the myriad of excuses for the lack of support? It's just the opposite. Lack of support is the main reason we wouldn't be building one .....

I think things like this are related and feed off of each other.  

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

This is the exact reason we shouldn't draw any more connections to what they do.

The bottom line here is that people that have the ability to make the OSC happen don't want to attach their names to something like spectrum stadium, they even named it when making that point. If the sponsor corporations don't want it, theres nothing any of us can do, I just happen to appreciate their  stance. 

image.png.b29e469e9533473a739c865f2b988f9b.png

Despite the fact that dozens of other P5 and G5 schools have used the exact same model.  Ucf being named in our feasibility study is a problem.  Make it taller, put in a bigger video board, but it absolutely made us look like children to specifically say that “ we don’t want one like theirs.” 

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ahh Trip, thought you were getting closer to flipping.  You agree that student attendance could explode, right?  If so you would have to be pretty stubborn to believe that those additional attendees would not turn into future non-student attendees.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

but it absolutely made us look like children to specifically say that “ we don’t want one like theirs.” 

I personally don't see it that way. I think its just having standards and using the closest example to show what those standards are. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I did, wasn't impressed. Parking sucked. Had to walk a couple miles to sit packed like rats in a half ass stadium, spent most of the game trying to find the play clock hidden to the bottom corner because the apparently the scoreboard doesn't have that capability. 

To add to that - I couldn't even tell which section was mine because the numbers were placed so low and were covered by the crowd. Also, IIRC, I think C. had to bring in mechanical lifts for ESPN's cameras or extra lighting, but I could be wrong on that. Not to mention, wasn't there a report this past year that the stadium had major infrastructure issues due to rust?? No thanks. 

I think many people who are pro-UCF style stadium have a warped sense of how UCF gameday experiences really are given this past year's successes. Was their gameday experience so great when they went 0-12 or even 6-7? Judging from the lack of butts in the seats, I would say no. Hell, they couldn't even fill their stadium until the USF and Memphis (CCG) games this past year. The admin is better off spending resources to put the team in a position to play meaningful games, which means developing better teams that play in top 25 matchups or conference championship games, and scheduling better out of conference opponents given our G5 status at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Despite the fact that dozens of other P5 and G5 schools have used the exact same model.  Ucf being named in our feasibility study is a problem.  Make it taller, put in a bigger video board, but it absolutely made us look like children to specifically say that “ we don’t want one like theirs.” 

I believe the powers that be mean, they don't want a stadium that will be condemned within five years. They want a stadium that they we can all be proud of and enjoy for many years to come.

• Upvote 1