• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

There will be enough revenue to cover the debt.  They aren't going to finance $240 million

And, you are sure the revenue will be there how?   If there isn’t,  would you be writing a check to cover the shortfall?

BTW,  according to Kelly they aren’t going to build an OCS anytime soon.  Problem solved.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If there isn’t,  would you be writing a check to cover the shortfall?

Yes.  There is a group of alumni on message boards for college teams with an OCS around the country that agree to cover all shortfalls ...... 🙄

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, Rizman said:

Why not build a 25,000 or 30,000 seat stadium with some boxes for the Ironbulls and just move on from there.   IPF has to come first.

No IPF without an OCS.  I agree, a 30,000 seat stadium with expandability would be ideal.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

USF endowment $442M

Some other school $153M

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

USF endowment $442M

Some other school $153M

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:47 AM, ArmyBull said:

There absolutely is - look around college football.  Generations of fans attending and watching football.  Students saying that the stadium is too far away or they would attend.  Refusing to see the evidence is different than there not being evidence.  Hell, last year at the ucf game, I could be wrong, but thier student section now goes from the bottom to the top of both end zones.  If you think there is no correlation to growing up in that type of environment and future support, . well... I don’t know what to say. 

Our student section was once 15,000+. When we were winning and in a P5 conference. How many of those students now buy tickets? What makes you think they would buy tickets for an OCS? How full will the UCF stadium be if they start losing again?

The only tangible reason to build an OCS is if it is a pre-req to getting into a P5. Otherwise it is a wasted investment, there is just not enough support.  

• Content Count:  7,683

3 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

The only tangible reason to build an OCS is if it is a pre-req to getting into a P5. Otherwise it is a wasted investment, there is just not enough support.  

Then can the program.  If there isn't enough "support" to justify a 35K stadium with room to grow when necessary, then stop dumping $2 million+ annually into a rental

• Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I just read the whole report and can summarize what wasn't said but is the only thing that matters.

Get out of the AAC and into a P5 conference. 

Start every season with a chance to play for a Natty.  (any P5 team that wins all their games makes the playoffs).  Play against teams that matter, no offense to Tulsa/Tulane's of the world.  That's how you draw 60k+ to a game, because it means something... 

A 35k seat stadium is a bad idea.  If we are stuck in the minors then we stay at RayJay.  If we get called up to the show, go with 60k.

How many situations can you think of where a school went from no OCS to their own 60k seat stadium? How many of those weren't already in a 'power' situation? 

I get your perspective but it seems resigned to never making it to the power conferences.  You gotta think big to get big.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BucsandBulls said:

Our student section was once 15,000+. When we were winning and in a P5 conference. How many of those students now buy tickets? What makes you think they would buy tickets for an OCS? How full will the UCF stadium be if they start losing again?

One of the draws of an OCS is coming back to campus. With football games at Ray Jay, it's just a game against a G5 school. As @ArmyBull has stated, it's the alumni that brings their families back to campus, tells stories of going to school here and reminiscing with old school mates that makes it a great atmosphere and experience regardless of who you play. Mix in the fact that current students can just walk to the stadium when you have nothing else to do, suddenly your looking at 20- 25k people without even trying for each game. As long as the team is competitive, this will be the draw of the OCS. 

Yes, this is a huge part of getting into the P5. Outside of Mia/UCLA/USC, who plays in an off campus stadium? Players and coaches claim that playing in an NFL stadium is good, but not when it has 12k people in it, then it is just embarrassing (especially when all you see is red, which in case you weren't aware, is not one of our colors. Oh, but the giant pirate ship for a BULLS game is cool 😂). Not trying to throw shade, but "C'mon man". 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

Believe it was at 12,501 to make us the highest in the BE by 1.  Could be mistaken.