• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joey tweets on USF OCS feasibility study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Very true.

There is also plenty of opportunity to have other events held in the stadium outside of football.

Why would event choose USF OCS instead of RJS?

How has the Sun Dome done (USF) monetarily wise from it’s outside events.  Has it met the projections that were made in advance of it’s renovations?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

Did you go to the war on I-4 game last year? If you did I think you'd see what he means.

No, I went to the 2008 game and vowed to never return.   If that’s what you consider to be “the college game day atmosphere”, than thanks but no thanks.

I was born and raised in a small college town...and don’t see any comparison in the game day experience.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

Ahh Trip, thought you were getting closer to flipping.  You agree that student attendance could explode, right?  If so you would have to be pretty stubborn to believe that those additional attendees would not turn into future non-student attendees.  

Actually, I'm a lot closer than what you probably think, but not to completely flipping, more towards ambivalence. I've always said that the student effect was the only real long term positive in building an ocs. Back in the BCS days, I thought all the whining about NEEDING one was total ********. I thought RayJay was just fine for a BCS program, and would be just fine for a P5. Student attendance was up back then, as was overall attendance, all while the football program was just solid, not coming close to winning the conference, save our first BE year. Now, it's painfully obvious that conference affiliation is a bigger driver of attendance than winning/losing and seriously doubt an ocs would do anything to change that .... except, hopefully, with the students. What an ocs would do is further separate the wheat from the chaff. There's no way to get close to the number of season ticket holders with the same amenities available at RayJay in an ocs, for a similar investment. I think you'd be down to mostly your truly hard core USF football fans ... the ones that don't care who we play, where we play or if there is an a/c place to gossip the game away ..... and I'm okay with that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

25 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Piss on them all you want, but they are winning, filling their stadium, getting donations, and increasing their season ticket sales.

Just as a point of order, they averaged a little under 37K per game, 7K less than "filling their stadium" ...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Got to take these out of the comparison. Can't really take in to account stadiums that were built in 1930 and 1950 respectively. That probably was the best they could do and just built from there. But for the record, I don't want Houston's stadium either, the fact that its UCF doesn't bother me, i'm just not surprised they would take that route. 

Which is exactly the point, right now, this is the best we can do and we can build from here. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How has the Sun Dome done (USF) monetarily wise from it’s outside events.  Has it met the projections that were made in advance of it’s renovations?

This is a great question about the Sun Dome.  I imagine an OCS could certainly compete price wise and win some events from Ray Jay.  Obviously some they would not.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,744
  • Content Count:  37,610
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Just as a point of order, they averaged a little under 37K per game, 7K less than "filling their stadium" ...

83% is a lot better than 47% . . .

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,744
  • Content Count:  37,610
  • Days Won:  29

This is the way I see it . . .

I believe a large number of our financial donors are donating because of RayJay.

It is a larger number than the die-hard fans that attend games donate.

I am afraid that if we build a small average stadium on campus, we could lose those donors. I think our VP could easily talk to them and know the truth.

Bottom Line: We do not have enough FANS attending games to trump the DONOR$.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I just read the whole report and can summarize what wasn't said but is the only thing that matters.

Get out of the AAC and into a P5 conference. 

Start every season with a chance to play for a Natty.  (any P5 team that wins all their games makes the playoffs).  Play against teams that matter, no offense to Tulsa/Tulane's of the world.  That's how you draw 60k+ to a game, because it means something... 

A 35k seat stadium is a bad idea.  If we are stuck in the minors then we stay at RayJay.  If we get called up to the show, go with 60k.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I just read the whole report and can summarize what wasn't said but is the only thing that matters.

Get out of the AAC and into a P5 conference. 

Start every season with a chance to play for a Natty.  (any P5 team that wins all their games makes the playoffs).  Play against teams that matter, no offense to Tulsa/Tulane's of the world.  That's how you draw 60k+ to a game, because it means something... 

A 35k seat stadium is a bad idea.  If we are stuck in the minors then we stay at RayJay.  If we get called up to the show, go with 60k.

Move to a P5? I am going to blink my eyes and make it happen...