• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

jotting things down quickly will down that. It wasn't a fully fleshed out manifesto, just an off the top of my head comment by a keyboard commando

I wasn't trying to dis the idea, I would love to see something like that happen. It would create a lot of additional competition especially for teams that are fed with a silver spoon in the P5 that never produce. It's a great idea for football, but for other sports is where it would cause a conflict.  Again, wasn't trying to be rude.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

GA, I get what you are saying and I'm trying to tell you that I literally have NO EVIDENCE.  Even if there was some shred of evidence, I'm too lazy to go find it.  I'm actually not part of the OCS NOW! group.  I do want an OCS eventually but when the time is right, I'm just telling you my opinion.  My opinion here is not based on fact, it's purely on conjecture of who I've talked from BIG 12 alums (which some are diehards and donors but none are behind-the-scenes or 'in the know') and what they think is important to their conference.  I just believe that if we are negotiating behind the scenes, that the OCS being delivered within an X amount of years will be in the BIG 12 contract.  Why I think this, maybe because I've lost my mind, I don't know.

Also, I'm better explaining stuff in person, and I'm heading out from Dallas to the bowl game.  Let me know if you'll be around, I'll buy you a cold one and tell you how I'm a bit off the rocker.

Fair enough.  I don't travel often, but if you're ever in the Atlanta area, I'll take you up on the cold one.  :)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I wasn't trying to dis the idea, I would love to see something like that happen. It would create a lot of additional competition especially for teams that are fed with a silver spoon in the P5 that never produce. It's a great idea for football, but for other sports is where it would cause a conflict.  Again, wasn't trying to be rude.

your good no worries. I didn't take it as a slight, just trying to justify why it wasn't the most cogent plan.

Edited by HR Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Per McTurdy:

Big 12 will require league members to play at least one non-league game vs. Power 5 team each year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

If the Big 12 expands with even say BYU and Houston....which I don't think will ever happen.

All that will happen is you will soon see a P4 with Four 16 team Super conferences. Access would get less, not greater.

If OU and Kansas say go to Big 10. Then the ACC would force ND's hand and then Texas would come along.

At that point, what would be left would basically be the AAC.

I'm not sure there is a one size fits all approach we can take to college sports. I also think most of the other sports are far more functional than football too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

Per McTurdy:

Big 12 will require league members to play at least one non-league game vs. Power 5 team each year

And this, folks, is why they won't be expanding this year. Oh well, hopefully we get good quick enough to get some looks.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

And this, folks, is why they won't be expanding this year. Oh well, hopefully we get good quick enough to get some looks.

This is just one measure. The mob families vote in January. That's when the decision will come down.

"The other families have voted against us. They're saying we need to expand or there will be a war. "

Vito-listens-to-a-personal-request.jpg

Edited by TimBulla

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No one is making the Big 12 do anything 

• Upvote 1