• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Didn't Leavitt once say that Ray Jay was a great tool for recruiting?  How kids walked into Ray Jay and were in awe of the NFL stadium?  Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Imagine what Ray Jay will look like in 2016 rather than 1998-style.

you probably wouldn't find a quote saying it was horrible playing in ray jay

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Didn't Leavitt once say that Ray Jay was a great tool for recruiting?  How kids walked into Ray Jay and were in awe of the NFL stadium?  Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

are they getting rid of the red seats and the pirate ship?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

you probably wouldn't find a quote saying it was horrible playing in ray jay

Probably because it's not ...

true, but what I'm trying to say is you won't see a coach putting down their current situation, even if it is subpar....

side question, what happened to the ucf coach thread? I got a notice that I was quoted in it and when I clicked on it, it said I wasn't authorized to see it. Did it turn into a pissing match?

just curious.

are they getting rid of the red seats and the pirate ship?  

No, but they're going to start handing glasses that work like this on game day to those who don't want to be miserable ...

http://www.foto-asian.com/img/camera%20filter/colour%20filter%20green.jpg

true, but what I'm trying to say is you won't see a coach putting down their current situation, even if it is subpar....

True .... as subpar as the BHNFP is, don't ever recall GOL putting it down.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

yea but look at the era you're talking about. Leavitt was here when college football was naive and the landscape still reminded people of the good ole days. Our current iteration of college football is algorithm driven, cutthroat, and very different. The ESPNization of college football demands that you have an ocs. You either host gameday on campus at your stadium, or you get out of the way. :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Jerk ..... Good question, though. Why would the B12 give a crap where we play games? Maybe their teams would enjoy playing in a state of the art NFL stadium on a regular basis ... plus, there would never be a shortage of tickets available for the visiting team.

Honestly, I think they care about their tradition of having schools with on campus stadiums.  Really nothing more than that, I realize Pitt is in the ACC without one.  I just think the Big 12 values a brand and tradition which we lack (for the most part), but I think if we agreed to build an OCS that would satisfy them if they were already interested in us.  

Like I said, just purely my opinion, and I'm not trying to get anybody on my side.  I'm not even trying to make an argument here lol.  This just how I view it living in the middle of Big 12 country and working with a ton of Big 12 alums.

Edited by BrownBullsFan
  • Upvote 2

yea but look at the era you're talking about. Leavitt was here when college football was naive and the landscape still reminded people of the good ole days. Our current iteration of college football is algorithm driven, cutthroat, and very different. The ESPNization of college football demands that you have an ocs. You either host gameday on campus at your stadium, or you get out of the way. :stirpot:

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ILGeTFbO-xy_cy1x5IavR3VAMSE=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4216669/biscuits.0.gif