• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Outside of Houston, is there a bigger tv market in the AAC than USF/Tampa Bay?

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Outside of Houston, is there a bigger tv market in the AAC than USF/Tampa Bay?

Probably Temple's market.

Go BULLS!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Not sure the BIG 12 will go dumpster diving for UCiF. I think they will sit on their hands for a bit before making any moves. Don't be surprised if they do something stupid like add SMU and Houston, or some dumb **** like that. Fox sports was pushing the BIG 12 to go for the Florida teams before the season started, but Texas may not be that smart.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure the BIG 12 will go dumpster diving for UCiF. I think they will sit on their hands for a bit before making any moves. Don't be surprised if they do something stupid like add SMU and Houston, or some dumb **** like that. Fox sports was pushing the BIG 12 to go for the Florida teams before the season started, but Texas may not be that smart.

They need a "Big 12" Network.

Only Problem is that Texas has the "Longhorn" Network.

Texas would have to give that up in favor of the Big 12 network.

Do any of you see Texas giving up anything that does not benefit Texas?

Just saying,

Ty

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Just my opinion, but I think Cincy would be in for sure (WVU partner) and they just re-did their stadium.  Basketball and Football are always solid.  Memphis and Houston would be the most likely scenarios for next two.  BYU is in a third time zone which will scare the BIG 12 away, and our outside chance on an invite would be tied to an on campus stadium agreement.  Either way, I don't see a scenario with us getting in without the BIG 12 going to 14 teams which I don't think they do.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Just my opinion, but I think Cincy would be in for sure (WVU partner) and they just re-did their stadium.  Basketball and Football are always solid.  Memphis and Houston would be the most likely scenarios for next two.  BYU is in a third time zone which will scare the BIG 12 away, and our outside chance on an invite would be tied to an on campus stadium agreement.  Either way, I don't see a scenario with us getting in without the BIG 12 going to 14 teams which I don't think they do.  

They will not add any Texas teams.  Makes no sense.  Same saturated market with 4 teams already from Texas.  No new viewers to the the Longhorn Network because everybody in Texas already has access to it.  Only logical choice is to expand to the east.  Break into SEC/ACC markets and get more people paying the $$$ to watch the LHN. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

They will not add any Texas teams.  Makes no sense.  Same saturated market with 4 teams already from Texas.  No new viewers to the the Longhorn Network because everybody in Texas already has access to it.  Only logical choice is to expand to the east.  Break into SEC/ACC markets and get more people paying the $$$ to watch the LHN. 

yea but 1) that's what their expecting people to think, 2) you're dealing with Texas. No disrespect to the couple of Bulls that live out there, but that is the original CFC (cousin ****** country), those family trees out there offer no shade. Texas is living in the past and they're a primadona school. Their heads are too far up their asses to see clearly.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  156

The B12 invited TCU to join when they already controlled the Texas market. There's no reason they won't do it again considering how well Houston has performed and the upward trajectory of their program. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

The B12 invited TCU to join when they already controlled the Texas market. There's no reason they won't do it again considering how well Houston has performed and the upward trajectory of their program. 

They should add 4 and make everyone happy.  Cinci for WVU, USF/UCF for ESPN and Houston for whoever thinks they are a good idea.

That way when Texas and Oklahoma bolt for the Pac16 or the Big16 they wouldn't have to expand again.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Sellular, this was going to be my next point.  I get why you think UH doesn't make sense, but I honestly think it's Cincy, Memphis, Houston, USF/UCF in that order.  Like I said, just my conjecture.  I believe our invite (if it ever came) would be tied to the requirement of building an OCS.