• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I believe our invite (if it ever came) would be tied to the requirement of building an OCS.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm just wondering why it is that you believe this.  What exactly is this belief based on?  

I can potentially be swayed to agree if there is conclusive or even moderately convincing evidence to support this belief.  

Edited by GaUSFBull
spelling

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

Sellular, this was going to be my next point.  I get why you think UH doesn't make sense, but I honestly think it's Cincy, Memphis, Houston, USF/UCF in that order.  Like I said, just my conjecture.  I believe our invite (if it ever came) would be tied to the requirement of building an OCS.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm just wondering why it is that you believe this.  What exactly is this belief based on?  

I can potentially be swayed to agree if there is conclusive or even moderately convincing evidence to support this belief.  

Jerk ..... Good question, though. Why would the B12 give a crap where we play games? Maybe their teams would enjoy playing in a state of the art NFL stadium on a regular basis ... plus, there would never be a shortage of tickets available for the visiting team.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

GA, you should just believe.  :angrymob:

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Somehow I don't think not having a ocs is keeping us out of the P5. We need to start winning conference titles and fill up Ray jay on a weekly basis

Somehow I don't think not having a ocs is keeping us out of the P5. We need to start winning conference titles and fill up Ray jay on a weekly basis

Need to announce the official "commitment" of building an OCS in the near future.

• Upvote 1

I think the Big 12 need to be looking to get to 14 teams - Memphis, Cincinnai, USF and one of UConn/UCF/Houston.

YES! you should email the Big 12 commissioner right away and tell him to get on this!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why would the B12 give a crap where we play games? Maybe their teams would enjoy playing in a state of the art NFL stadium on a regular basis ... plus, there would never be a shortage of tickets available for the visiting team.

Didn't Leavitt once say that Ray Jay was a great tool for recruiting?  How kids walked into Ray Jay and were in awe of the NFL stadium?  Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Imagine what Ray Jay will look like in 2016 rather than 1998-style.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

While an OCS would be nice, I think a NFL stadium that has actual seats and holds 50k+ is more attractive than an erector set OCS with bleacher seating. Better angles for TV cameras at Ray Jay. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Need to announce the official "commitment" of building an OCS in the near future.

was that in Willie's extension?