• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

are they getting rid of the red seats and the pirate ship?  

If only.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

They only decided to go to Temple because they announced they were going to build an OCS.  Sounds plausible anyway

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

If the B12 is "forced" to expand then it's only a matter of time before Texas and Oklahoma bolt for either the B10 or PAC. Delaney is no fool. Under the B10 model for cable revenue getting into Texas is worth a bunch. Even with ESPN losing money. Delaney takes steps knowing it will likely force an expansion which Texas does not want and he sidles up and makes the play for them. 

Oklahoma is not AAU and the B1G won't let Texas run the show, so I'm not sure either are a match.  Texas might consider a move to the PAC-12 if they can keep the Longhorn Network (the B1G won't let that happen).  Even if they took Texas, they'd need another school to match and take the conference to 16.  That could be another Big XII school like Kansas or Iowa State (both are AAU) or it could be an upstart like us IF we achieve AAU status.  We're really, really close.  Our grad rate for six years beats several of the lowest in the AAU.  But they're limited in options unless someone leaves a major conference.  I don't see Oklahoma going anywhere.  They'd become the big cheese if Texas leaves.  

An outside shot right now could be given to Tulane.  They are AAU, have a new stadium, and are in a decent sized metropolitan area.  They also were SEC a long time ago.  

Regardless, I'd like our chances if Oklahoma heads the Big XII.  Without Texas, I could see them adding Houston, Memphis, USF, UCF, and UConn to go up to 14.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Oklahoma is not AAU and the B1G won't let Texas run the show, so I'm not sure either are a match.  Texas might consider a move to the PAC-12 if they can keep the Longhorn Network (the B1G won't let that happen).  Even if they took Texas, they'd need another school to match and take the conference to 16.  That could be another Big XII school like Kansas or Iowa State (both are AAU) or it could be an upstart like us IF we achieve AAU status.  We're really, really close.  Our grad rate for six years beats several of the lowest in the AAU.  But they're limited in options unless someone leaves a major conference.  I don't see Oklahoma going anywhere.  They'd become the big cheese if Texas leaves.  

An outside shot right now could be given to Tulane.  They are AAU, have a new stadium, and are in a decent sized metropolitan area.  They also were SEC a long time ago.  

Regardless, I'd like our chances if Oklahoma heads the Big XII.  Without Texas, I could see them adding Houston, Memphis, USF, UCF, and UConn to go up to 14.  

I really don't think the Big 10 cares about AAU status when names like Oklahoma are on the table.  Tulane is not going anywhere.  Their stadium is nice but my gawd is it small.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

The B12 invited TCU to join when they already controlled the Texas market. There's no reason they won't do it again considering how well Houston has performed and the upward trajectory of their program. 

It was my understanding that they invited TCU because Texas A&M went to the SEC. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

It was my understanding that they invited TCU because Texas A&M went to the SEC. 

and they were the most readily available team....kind of between conferences

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I read an interesting article that said Notre Dame could consider joining the ACC so it wouldn't be left out of the playoffs, and then Texas would jump to the ACC with Notre Dame.  That would shake things up a bit.

It makes huge sense for the BiG to have a team in Florida, and the Gators are never going to move.  The AAC is actually turning out better than I had originally thought, but I sure would like to see us in one of the major conferences.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby to ESPN: "We don't think we ought to be forced into adding schools ... but it could end up that way."
5:01 PM - 6 Dec 2015
29 RETWEETS30 LIKES

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I read an interesting article that said Notre Dame could consider joining the ACC so it wouldn't be left out of the playoffs, and then Texas would jump to the ACC with Notre Dame.  That would shake things up a bit.

It makes huge sense for the BiG to have a team in Florida, and the Gators are never going to move.  The AAC is actually turning out better than I had originally thought, but I sure would like to see us in one of the major conferences.

Go Bulls!

from purely an on the field competitive standpoint in football we are probably better in the AAC. I think it would take a few years at least to get competitive.  Financially it is a no brainer. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Big 12 need to be looking to get to 14 teams - Memphis, Cincinnai, USF and one of UConn/UCF/Houston.

I'm on board