• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 Might Be Forced to Expand

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

In an ideal world, I'd agree with you Trip, that 10-team conferences with round-robin scheduling is the best way to go. However, the other P5 conferences all play an extra game, and if the B12 wants to keep up, they will have to as well, eventually.

Is there a possibility of them keeping the round robin scheduling and just having the top 2 teams play a CCG game? Still not as pure as now but may satisfy the other whining P5's ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I like the conf championship games. There some wild Big12 games this year though. Texas over Oklahoma and Baylor...?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Is there a possibility of them keeping the round robin scheduling and just having the top 2 teams play a CCG game? Still not as pure as now but may satisfy the other whining P5's ...

This will be what ultimately happens. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

This will be what ultimately happens. 

The B1G is specifically blocking this from happening because the ACC was trying to do this. The B1G wants conference championships to be played by winners of a division.. there's an article out there stating this but I'm at work and can't get to it. Maybe somebody can help me out.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

BIG 12 is prolonging the inevitable

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The B1G is specifically blocking this from happening because the ACC was trying to do this. The B1G wants conference championships to be played by winners of a division.. there's an article out there stating this but I'm at work and can't get to it. Maybe somebody can help me out.

My point is that the Big 12 will have division winners for a championship game. Although this means a team may play each twice, this resolves the issue. I highly doubt that expansion happens. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

My point is that the Big 12 will have division winners for a championship game. Although this means a team may play each twice, this resolves the issue. I highly doubt that expansion happens. 

I think you are right for now, but I had a different interpretation of the pac-12 commish's comments. The other P5 want things to be cookie cutter. I think they like the drama of teams missing out. It keeps them on the headlines and creates interest (from their perspective).