• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

We might have a fighting chance against FSU if he plays. 

There should be a rule that when your starting QB from the previous year transfers to another school, you can bring in an immediately eligible transferee.    

He has never played 1 down of college ball and was falling on the depth chart at ucla, I'm curious as to what  makes you believe he will give us a fighting chance against fsu?  That perplexes me.

Have you watched any USF games the last few years?

The QBs on our roster have been terrible, to say the least. For the last two years Woulard got to watch and work with one of the best QBs in college football.  

It is precisely because I have watched usf games that I'm curious as to why I believe he would give us a fighting chance against fsu?  That has nothing to do with any qb on our roster.  Woulard has done absolutely nothing to demonstrate to me that he can win a game against anyone.  He's not shown anyone that since he's been in college.  Our qbs aside, what makes you think he can play so good we give florida state a run?  That literally has nothing to do with our current qbs.  I'm asking specifically about Woulard who did not progress at all at ucla and didnt appear to learn very much from Hundley.  

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some people are placing way too much importance on football that was played in shorts instead of the football he played in pads.....

He hasn't played any football in pads.

Plus, he's an unknown quantity on our roster, so that just means he's got a 50% chance, along with Kean, that he is the savior of USF football.

Games? No. Football, yes. He's definitely played in pads in spring games, college practices, and in high school.

At the risk of belaboring the point, he's already either the highest ranked QB recruit we've ever had on the roster or the 2nd highest. Surprised his HS experience is brought up, but college practices are easy on the QB than games, and spring games are no-contact for QBs.

So really, he doesn't have any relevant experience in pads, but there is certainly cause for excitement if he can really compete to start this year.

The thing is his production at any level has never matched that vaunted ranking.   His stats weren't impressive in high school, he never made any meaningful contribution at UCLA, he never produced in the spring games etc. His ranking only became what it was after he wont he Elite 11 which is basically a shorts combine and some no pads 7 on 7.  His ranking was based all on potential, potential that he has not lived up to to this point in his career when on a field in pads with a pass rush coming at him at either level of his playing career.  Throw in the consistent chatter that he struggled picking up the playbook while at UCLA and it's clear the kid still needs some time to develop before he can be considered a savior of anything.  As for the spring games being two hand touch, running the football is something that Woulard can do but not something he depends on for success.  He's a guy who can run a bit but it's not a major part of his game like say Pat White.  My whole point is people need to slow down crowning this kid as some kind of savior when he's never shown any kind of elite production in any kind of game situation.  Is it exciting that we added him based on his potential? Yes.  Is he some kind of game changer that can step in and elevate the offense and is already head and shoulders above the QB's we have on the roster?  There is a possibility if everything just clicks with him at USF but nothing so far in his career points that being a given, if that ever happens for him at all.   

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Some people are placing way too much importance on football that was played in shorts instead of the football he played in pads.....

He hasn't played any football in pads.

Plus, he's an unknown quantity on our roster, so that just means he's got a 50% chance, along with Kean, that he is the savior of USF football.

Games? No. Football, yes. He's definitely played in pads in spring games, college practices, and in high school.

At the risk of belaboring the point, he's already either the highest ranked QB recruit we've ever had on the roster or the 2nd highest. Surprised his HS experience is brought up, but college practices are easy on the QB than games, and spring games are no-contact for QBs.

So really, he doesn't have any relevant experience in pads, but there is certainly cause for excitement if he can really compete to start this year.

The thing is his production at any level has never matched that vaunted ranking.   His stats weren't impressive in high school, he never made any meaningful contribution at UCLA, he never produced in the spring games etc. His ranking only became what it was after he wont he Elite 11 which is basically a shorts combine and some no pads 7 on 7.  His ranking was based all on potential, potential that he has not lived up to to this point in his career when on a field in pads with a pass rush coming at him at either level of his playing career.  Throw in the consistent chatter that he struggled picking up the playbook while at UCLA and it's clear the kid still needs some time to develop before he can be considered a savior of anything.  As for the spring games being two hand touch, running the football is something that Woulard can do but not something he depends on for success.  He's a guy who can run a bit but it's not a major part of his game like say Pat White.  My whole point is people need to slow down crowning this kid as some kind of savior when he's never shown any kind of elite production in any kind of game situation.  Is it exciting that we added him based on his potential? Yes.  Is he some kind of game changer that can step in and elevate the offense and is already head and shoulders above the QB's we have on the roster?  There is a possibility if everything just clicks with him at USF but nothing so far in his career points that being a given, if that ever happens for him at all.   

Gotcha, and you are 100% correct.  But you KNOW that won't stop a coronation from happening on TBP.  

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

We might have a fighting chance against FSU if he plays. 

There should be a rule that when your starting QB from the previous year transfers to another school, you can bring in an immediately eligible transferee.    

He has never played 1 down of college ball and was falling on the depth chart at ucla, I'm curious as to what  makes you believe he will give us a fighting chance against fsu?  That perplexes me.

Have you watched any USF games the last few years?

The QBs on our roster have been terrible, to say the least. For the last two years Woulard got to watch and work with one of the best QBs in college football.  

It is precisely because I have watched usf games that I'm curious as to why I believe he would give us a fighting chance against fsu?  That has nothing to do with any qb on our roster.  Woulard has done absolutely nothing to demonstrate to me that he can win a game against anyone.  He's not shown anyone that since he's been in college.  Our qbs aside, what makes you think he can play so good we give florida state a run?  That literally has nothing to do with our current qbs.  I'm asking specifically about Woulard who did not progress at all at ucla and didnt appear to learn very much from Hundley.  

How do you know if he progressed or it he didnt learn very much? Based on what evidence? not STARTING over Hundley himself? please. And if youre gonna say that its evident because he wasnt gonna be the starter this year, let me tell you something. UCLA got the #1 qb in the country last year. I dont care who you are you dont get the #1 qb IN THE COUNTRY unless you offer him everything you got ,(aka starting as a true freshman) , because theres a million other schools tha are lined up right behind you to do whatever it takes to get him. So to say Woulard hasnt learned anything or progressed is completely unfounded

Edited by BULLZ

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Watched AW in his spring game online looked like he had some touch on deep pass I don't know if he is the savior for USF but he can't hurt the team.

Between all the qbs we should have one decent one I would hope.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone know if UCLA used the spread because if they didn't it would be way better to let Woulard sit this year otherwise see what he can do and prepare for next season otherwise see what he can do, as far as Kean does I'd say redshirt him and let him have 4 full season instead of only 3 to run the offense.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

There is a weird level of negativity to this considering our QB situation.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

The most negative idea expressed by most in this thread is: why don't we wait just a little bit before we anoint him the savior of the program. Doesn't seem unreasonably negative to me.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

The most negative idea expressed by most in this thread is: why don't we wait just a little bit before we anoint him the savior of the program. Doesn't seem unreasonably negative to me.

Yeah I guess you are right but I think "savior" is relative. Right now a couple first downs would be a savior.