• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some people are placing way too much importance on football that was played in shorts instead of the football he played in pads.....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Some people are placing way too much importance on football that was played in shorts instead of the football he played in pads.....

He hasn't played any football in pads.

Plus, he's an unknown quantity on our roster, so that just means he's got a 50% chance, along with Kean, that he is the savior of USF football.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Plus, he's an unknown quantity on our roster, so that just means he's got a 50% chance, along with Kean, that he is the savior of USF football.

Games? No.  Football, yes.  He's definitely played in pads in spring games, college practices, and in high school.  

I agree with your second statement though, which is why I said what I said.  Some people are still hanging onto that Elite 11 performance instead of looking at his less than stellar performances while actually playing in pads.  Woulard remains a player with a ton of untapped potential and unrealized talent. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

i have no confidence he is a great qb

Surprise post of the year!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Games? No. Football, yes. He's definitely played in pads in spring games, college practices, and in high school.

At the risk of belaboring the point, he's already either the highest ranked QB recruit we've ever had on the roster or the 2nd highest. Surprised his HS experience is brought up, but college practices are easy on the QB than games, and spring games are no-contact for QBs.

So really, he doesn't have any relevant experience in pads, but there is certainly cause for excitement if he can really compete to start this year.

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We might have a fighting chance against FSU if he plays. 

There should be a rule that when your starting QB from the previous year transfers to another school, you can bring in an immediately eligible transferee.    

He has never played 1 down of college ball and was falling on the depth chart at ucla, I'm curious as to what  makes you believe he will give us a fighting chance against fsu?  That perplexes me.

Because our depth chart (I'll be nice) is just a touch behind UCLA's in terms of quality?

• Upvote 2

Some people are placing way too much importance on football that was played in shorts instead of the football he played in pads...

No.  Some people have seen our other QBs play in pads...

• Upvote 1

One would think that this type of decision is based on a player qualifying for the waver under a specific rule, so it's not going to be, "Oh, please let me play! Please!"

And then I would think USF has to sign the documents, along with Woulard, which means USF feels that the request has merit.

Sooo... It's probably got a better chance than most of us give it. Fingers crossed!

Historically, we seem to have a higher percentage of players ruled eligible than other schools.  Either we do a better job of making sure they are qualified before they submit a request, or we help word the request better.  Or both.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

We might have a fighting chance against FSU if he plays. 

There should be a rule that when your starting QB from the previous year transfers to another school, you can bring in an immediately eligible transferee.    

He has never played 1 down of college ball and was falling on the depth chart at ucla, I'm curious as to what  makes you believe he will give us a fighting chance against fsu?  That perplexes me.

Have you watched any USF games the last few years?

The QBs on our roster have been terrible, to say the least. For the last two years Woulard got to watch and work with one of the best QBs in college football.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

OMG I'm going streaking if this gets approved