• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

With all the "pay for play" decisions, NCAA is going to have a hard time resisting the push for a "free agency" in CFB. The school switches are becoming more & more popular, and with JC already being a kind of farm system, I see a change coming. NCAA may as well embrace the change sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

No chance.

It all depends on the family issue that was mentioned. If it's a life threating issue (Ex: Family member has serious illness) then there's a big chance he could get cleared. If it's mommy and daddy got a divorce and I'm sad, then I agree, no chance. I think he would do better to redshirt and learn the playbook anyways, compared to wasting a year of potentially going through QB musical chairs again. But, what do I know, he may be head and shoulders better than everyone on the roster, no one really knows anything.

It does him no good to sit out a year since he doesn't have his redshirt available.  It's either he has 3 years of eligibility or 2 years of eligibility.

I'm pretty sure he never played a down for UCLA, so he has a redshirt year to blow. So, either way, he'll have 2 years. He's going to be a true junior this year, or a redshirt junior next year.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

No chance.

It all depends on the family issue that was mentioned. If it's a life threating issue (Ex: Family member has serious illness) then there's a big chance he could get cleared. If it's mommy and daddy got a divorce and I'm sad, then I agree, no chance. I think he would do better to redshirt and learn the playbook anyways, compared to wasting a year of potentially going through QB musical chairs again. But, what do I know, he may be head and shoulders better than everyone on the roster, no one really knows anything.

It does him no good to sit out a year since he doesn't have his redshirt available.  It's either he has 3 years of eligibility or 2 years of eligibility.

I'm pretty sure he never played a down for UCLA, so he has a redshirt year to blow.

Not sure I follow you...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

No chance.

I'm pretty sure he never played a down for UCLA, so he has a redshirt year to blow. So, either way, he'll have 2 years. He's going to be a true junior this year, or a redshirt junior next year.

didn't he already redshirt? I believe that's what he was saying, so if he's available this year, he would have 3 yrs to play, if he has to sit, he has 2 yrs to play

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

No chance.

He's already used his redshirt when he didn't play that first year at UCLA, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  The only reason he could get another redshirt is due to specific medical reasons.  

Therefore, he is either eligible to play for his redshirt sophomore year or he isn't.  2016 will be his redshirt junior year and 2017 will be his redshirt senior year regardless.  This does not change whether he plays or sits this year.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

No chance.

He's already used his redshirt when he didn't play that first year at UCLA, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  The only reason he could get another redshirt is due to specific medical reasons.  

Therefore, he is either eligible to play for his redshirt sophomore year or he isn't.  2016 will be his redshirt junior year and 2017 will be his redshirt senior year regardless.  This does not change whether he plays or sits this year.

He could also play as a graduate student

No chance.

I am referring to football years, not academic years.  Once you are enrolled in your first full semester, your clock starts, then you essentially have 5 years to play 4 of them (not counting medical redshirts).  This is regardless if you are in undergrad or grad school.  Woulard would not be eligible in 2018 regardless if he was in graduate school.

Edited by BrownBullsFan

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

No chance.

It does him no good to sit out a year since he doesn't have his redshirt available. It's either he has 3 years of eligibility or 2 years of eligibility.

He's already used his redshirt when he didn't play that first year at UCLA, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. The only reason he could get another redshirt is due to specific medical reasons.

Therefore, he is either eligible to play for his redshirt sophomore year or he isn't. 2016 will be his redshirt junior year and 2017 will be his redshirt senior year regardless. This does not change whether he plays or sits this year.

I am referring to football years, not academic years. Once you are enrolled in your first full semester, your clock starts, then you essentially have 5 years to play 4 of them (not counting medical redshirts). This is regardless if you are in undergrad or grad school. Woulard would not be eligible in 2018 regardless if he was in graduate school.

I was just pushing buttons...

I also think military service or mission trips can extend the 5 years

Edited by Sellular1

No chance.

I am referring to football years, not academic years.  Once you are enrolled in your first full semester, your clock starts, then you essentially have 5 years to play 4 of them (not counting medical redshirts).  This is regardless if you are in undergrad or grad school.  Woulard would not be eligible in 2018 regardless if he was in graduate school.

I was just pushing buttons...

Button Game Strong

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No chance.

I don't think so.  Five years to play four.  Those that play as a graduate student graduate with the bachelor's in four years or less.  

The only time you get a sixth year is if you missed two full (or nearly full) seasons due to injury.