• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

meant to say "an upgrade to Lot 6D"

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

Bigbullsfan - you mentioned that a commenter on this thread sold you this big ball of crap. That was either me or John, I don't know who you are, but lets be fair.

I can promise you I didn't hatch a plan to sell you good tickets 17 years ago, slowly build your trust, over 17 years, to then trick you and ask for an extra $400 dollars to keep the same awesome seats you have enjoyed for the past 17 years. No evil plan was ever in the works.

I told a lot of people that they were locking in seats, and didn't come from me. I remember feeling awful the first time we changed the student section and people had to be relocated after I told them they were locking in seat locations years before. I almost quit.

I wasn't trying to trick anyone, but the current admin shouldn't have to worry about what I promised someone 17 years ago, 4 AD's ago.

Things change in time. The new structure is fair. You can keep your seats if you want, you can relocate, or you can walk away. I am sorry if you feel mislead, but you got one heck of a deal for a long time. Even if you walk away, you have nothing to be bitter about. I can promise you no one ever had an intention of telling you a lie or misleading you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I'm not new here as I read WAY more than I post(as you can see from my post count).   I do enjoy this site.  I am however totally upset(for lack of a better word) with the new scheme.  I am a herd level donor that has been with the team from day one.  I have attended almost every home football game.  I purchase two tickets and do not have club access.  Regarding the club access, for me personally, I don't need or want it.  Last season, I paid $835(seats and donation).  For 2015, the bill will be $1215 for the same seats.  That is for section 236, like I said, day one ticket holder.  The price increase for 2015 is beyond obscene.  Perhaps, if we were coming off a better season, with a consistently better product, then my opinion would likely be different.  Unfortunately, the timing of this new strategy is very likely to push me out of the USF football season ticket model.  

I definitely understand your frustration, HOWEVER if we were coming off a couple 9 or 10 win seasons, many people would be saying that " USF is a bunch of jerks for doing this & they are only doing so because we've been better but I stuck with the team when they had 3 and 4 wins & now they are trying to screw me"  Its a no win situation however what is a win is the long term effect this will have on revenue and the athletic dept.  The "grandfathered" people are the only ones going to be frustrated and frankly there isn't that many to be concerned about.   Though we all should appreciate those than have been there since day 1 and have attended every single home game unfortunately those $100 donations aren't going to pay the bills & that's the bottom line! 

Just buy tickets on stubhub or outside the stadium. I have been to almost every game since 2004 (was a student from 04-07) and don't think I have even spent $800 total.

Does anyone else find it rich that some that complain the most about USF are the ones that actually support (in the financial sense) the program the least? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not new here as I read WAY more than I post(as you can see from my post count).   I do enjoy this site.  I am however totally upset(for lack of a better word) with the new scheme.  I am a herd level donor that has been with the team from day one.  I have attended almost every home football game.  I purchase two tickets and do not have club access.  Regarding the club access, for me personally, I don't need or want it.  Last season, I paid $835(seats and donation).  For 2015, the bill will be $1215 for the same seats.  That is for section 236, like I said, day one ticket holder.  The price increase for 2015 is beyond obscene.  Perhaps, if we were coming off a better season, with a consistently better product, then my opinion would likely be different.  Unfortunately, the timing of this new strategy is very likely to push me out of the USF football season ticket model.  

I definitely understand your frustration, HOWEVER if we were coming off a couple 9 or 10 win seasons, many people would be saying that " USF is a bunch of jerks for doing this & they are only doing so because we've been better but I stuck with the team when they had 3 and 4 wins & now they are trying to screw me"  Its a no win situation however what is a win is the long term effect this will have on revenue and the athletic dept.  The "grandfathered" people are the only ones going to be frustrated and frankly there isn't that many to be concerned about.   Though we all should appreciate those than have been there since day 1 and have attended every single home game unfortunately those $100 donations aren't going to pay the bills & that's the bottom line! 

Just buy tickets on stubhub or outside the stadium. I have been to almost every game since 2004 (was a student from 04-07) and don't think I have even spent $800 total.

Does anyone else find it rich that some that complain the most about USF are the ones that actually support (in the financial sense) the program the least? 

Eh. I'd be willing to bet most of the asswipes you've met in your life that won't shut up about how much they hate the government don't vote all that often either.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I'll be one of those in the minority that will be paying more

I was an employee at USF and had employee season tickets in section 138.

So I was basically sitting in a green Jacket type seat (but with no club access) for less per ticket and no donation.

Working at USF I felt it was justified.. being an actual employee (plus the fact that most university positions pay far less than their public equivelant)

I left USF a couple of seasons ago but was still grandfathered in to the same section & benefits. And I could tell others in my section were on the same boat.

I did start feeling a little guilty about it. 

I also knew that it wouldn't last.  Whether USF football would become very sucessful or dismal, the current set up would/could not last.  Anyone who thought it would was just kidding themselves.

Am I upset?  No. It was only a matter of time. And at the same time, I knew my situation was not really fair to others.

Ironically though with my new job + promotion I was already planning on "paying my share" and upping my donation to about Scholar level.. which I guess now is Bronse Bull :04-rock:

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

I'll be one of those in the minority that will be paying more

I was an employee at USF and had employee season tickets in section 138.

So I was basically sitting in a green Jacket type seat (but with no club access) for less per ticket and no donation.

Working at USF I felt it was justified.. being an actual employee (plus the fact that most university positions pay far less than their public equivelant)

I left USF a couple of seasons ago but was still grandfathered in to the same section & benefits. And I could tell others in my section were on the same boat.

I did start feeling a little guilty about it. 

I also knew that it wouldn't last.  Whether USF football would become very sucessful or dismal, the current set up would/could not last.  Anyone who thought it would was just kidding themselves.

Am I upset?  No. It was only a matter of time. And at the same time, I knew my situation was not really fair to others.

Ironically though with my new job + promotion I was already planning on "paying my share" and upping my donation to about Scholar level.. which I guess now is Bronse Bull :04-rock:

Me and you are the same Dogma I was in 138 with you! My mother in-law works for Moffitt and we were able to sit in the staff section because of it. I don't mind the change at all, out with the old and in with the new! The entire system needed to be overhauled, kudos to Harlan for doing it. 

Here's a good article with the Senior Associate AD talking about the changes:

http://www.voodoofive.com/2015/3/10/8180047/the-new-usf-ticketing-process-our-q-a-with-senior-assoc-ad-andrew

"So many times we had people that were grandfathered in at $100 giving levels, and instead of making a new donation for more tickets, we allowed them to add more and more tickets to that one grandfathered account. We found that being repeated over and over by numerous accounts. In order to move our program forward, we felt this was something we needed to correct, and did so at very fair and affordable levels compared to the market and our peer institutions."

Edited by Hem

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

Eh. I'd be willing to bet most of the asswipes you've met in your life that won't shut up about how much they hate the government don't vote all that often either.

I have never missed an election, but I don't hate the government either.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

From the article Hem linked to what I think is the most important thing for season ticket holders (emphasis mine):

While we were doing some focus groups, we came to some important realizations: one of which was giving out highly discounted and free tickets is a disincentive to those who purchase season tickets, which ultimately works against our goal of developing a very strong foundation of season ticket members to create a home venue advantage for our teams.

In an effort to protect the investment of season ticket holders, we will not devalue the price of our tickets by applying deep discount methods. No more Groupons. No more overly cheap tickets sold at the last minute that only erodes the investment that our loyal fans made at the beginning of the sales year. That ends now. 

http://www.voodoofive.com/2015/3/10/8180047/the-new-usf-ticketing-process-our-q-a-with-senior-assoc-ad-andrew

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

I should jump in and say "I am pretty sure"  ..... since I am out of the loop, but that is how I read the material. John can let us know if I was wrong.

You were 100% correct

John, some more questions may as well ask here in case anyone has the same:

- As far as the Donor Levels go, if relocating football tix will hinge on that, I'll need to go ahead and renew all 3 sports now plus add whatever donation needed to get to the Level I want before the relocating process starts, correct?

- Pertaining to the above, will going on a payment plan mess that up? In other words does the donation have to be paid in full before the Level is acknowleged?

- The way I read it, transferring tickets to someone who already has seats and an account will still require a transfer fee. Plus, it doesn't look like I can just transfer 1 seat if I wanted to. Are both those correct?

Yes, renewing all 3 sports by the middle of April will be beneficial toward any seating relocation/addition

I will check on what a payment plan will do. I would have to think that it will be taken into account where you will be by the end of your payment plan, but I am not 100% certain.

Yes, the transfer fee is required. I believe you can transfer 1 seat if you wish to.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So what did I miss