• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

As a fellow USF Alumni I just want to say thank you for holding onto them as long as you could Mike, and anyone else who is/was holding tickets living out of state and not even able to go to the games. Being out in AZ it's commendable that you even held them and paid the donations once you left!

That being said

Should long time season tickets holders be/have been treated a little better than new ones? Maybe offered some better incentives? IMHO..yes, they should be catered to a bit more than those of us who have only had them for a few years. 

Should they be offered seats for a fraction of what everyone else is paying? No. 

I can understand the frustration as nobody wants to pay more for things...that's life. I got kicked out of the staff section in 138 that required NO DONATION at all! All I had to pay for was the tickets! It is what it is...

As Senator Russell B. Long once said,  "Don't tax you, Don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!"

They haven't given you the opportunity to retain those same seats??

I'm in the same section (#138)

We can sit in the same seats, but now our price has gone up since before the change, we didn't have to pay a donation AND the tickets were discounted on top of that!

I'm not complaining about the increase as well. I was already planning on upping my donation anyways.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Who else got this?

Bulls fan-

This week we kicked off the 2015 USF Football season ticket renewal campaign! As your personal customer service rep, I wanted to reach out and fill you in on some of the changes under the new Bulls Club Champion Seating Program that can also be found at www.bullsclubchampionseating.com. You can currently renew your seats and be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a game worn USF Football jersey by calling me at 813-974-9134 or renew online by clicking HERE.

For the first time ever, we are offering a discount on season tickets to all USF alumni, faculty & staff in addition to added Season Ticket Member benefits that include a FREE round of golf at The Claw for every seat you have and guaranteed promotional items (1 per account). Important deadlines to renew your season tickets and make your Bulls Club Gifts are listed out below.

- April 15 – Football Tickets & Parking, Bulls Club Gifts for 2015-16 benefits deadline (single transaction)

- August 5 – Bulls Club Gifts for 2015-16 benefits deadline (pledge payment plans only)

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me. Thank you for your continued support of USF Athletics and GO BULLS!

(813) 974-9134 (office)

www.gousfbulls.com

cid:image001.png@01CEF81C.9D7B0160

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,555
  • Days Won:  423

Who else got this?

Bulls fan-

This week we kicked off the 2015 USF Football season ticket renewal campaign! As your personal customer service rep, I wanted to reach out and fill you in on some of the changes under the new Bulls Club Champion Seating Program that can also be found at www.bullsclubchampionseating.com. You can currently renew your seats and be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a game worn USF Football jersey by calling me at 813-974-9134 or renew online by clicking HERE.

For the first time ever, we are offering a discount on season tickets to all USF alumni, faculty & staff in addition to added Season Ticket Member benefits that include a FREE round of golf at The Claw for every seat you have and guaranteed promotional items (1 per account). Important deadlines to renew your season tickets and make your Bulls Club Gifts are listed out below.

- April 15 – Football Tickets & Parking, Bulls Club Gifts for 2015-16 benefits deadline (single transaction)

- August 5 – Bulls Club Gifts for 2015-16 benefits deadline (pledge payment plans only)

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me. Thank you for your continued support of USF Athletics and GO BULLS!

(813) 974-9134 (office)

www.gousfbulls.com

Got it.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I got it as well

As a fellow USF Alumni I just want to say thank you for holding onto them as long as you could Mike, and anyone else who is/was holding tickets living out of state and not even able to go to the games. Being out in AZ it's commendable that you even held them and paid the donations once you left!

That being said

Should long time season tickets holders be/have been treated a little better than new ones? Maybe offered some better incentives? IMHO..yes, they should be catered to a bit more than those of us who have only had them for a few years. 

Should they be offered seats for a fraction of what everyone else is paying? No. 

I can understand the frustration as nobody wants to pay more for things...that's life. I got kicked out of the staff section in 138 that required NO DONATION at all! All I had to pay for was the tickets! It is what it is...

As Senator Russell B. Long once said,  "Don't tax you, Don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!"

We can sit in the same seats, but now our price has gone up since before the change, we didn't have to pay a donation AND the tickets were discounted on top of that!

I'm not complaining about the increase as well. I was already planning on upping my donation anyways.

Just was wondering if they were really kicking people out like when they expanded the student section. Your new total price, with the alumni discount, is $210/ticket, right?

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Who else got this?

Bulls fan-

(813) 974-9134 (office)

www.gousfbulls.com

Did you read the details of the new seating and donation policy?  They are moving to a per seat donation model.  Therefore, anyone grandfathered in at the original (and very low donation levels) is getting screwed, even though you would have been a season ticket holder since day one.  So what they are saying is thanks for putting up with lousy football for 3 years straight, and here is a massive increase in the ticket price.

Seriously, WTF?????

I am at work, and I only skimmed the website, but it does not look good.  Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles, because USF is ready to collect more money even though the product on the field is barely above the high school level.  I can go to a game an Plant HS or Robinson HS for about $5 (it may have gone up) and see better football than I see at USF.

Who is running the insane asylum over there at USF?

http://www.bullsclubchampionseating.com/

Edited by hightechbull
  • Downvote 1

Did you read the details of the new seating and donation policy?  They are moving to a per seat donation model.  Therefore, anyone grandfathered in at the original (and very low donation levels) is getting screwed, even though you would have been a season ticket holder since day one.  So what they are saying is thanks for putting up with lousy football for 3 years straight, and here is a massive increase in the ticket price.

Seriously, WTF?????

I am at work, and I only skimmed the website, but it does not look good.  Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles, because USF is ready to collect more money even though the product on the field is barely above the high school level.  I can go to a game an Plant HS or Robinson HS for about $5 (it may have gone up) and see better football than I see at USF.

Maybe if you, and others, had stepped up and upped your donation from that ridiculously low level when things were going really good they wouldn't have had to do this .... or, at the least, it wouldn't have been as big hit as it is now.

Good thing is, as someone mentioned, because of these last 3 years you won't feel as bad if you can't afford the new level and have to bail.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Who else got this?

Bulls fan-

(813) 974-9134 (office)

www.gousfbulls.com

Did you read the details of the new seating and donation policy? They are moving to a per seat donation model. Therefore, anyone grandfathered in at the original (and very low donation levels) is getting screwed, even though you would have been a season ticket holder since day one. So what they are saying is thanks for putting up with lousy football for 3 years straight, and here is a massive increase in the ticket price.

Seriously, WTF?????

I am at work, and I only skimmed the website, but it does not look good. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles, because USF is ready to collect more money even though the product on the field is barely above the high school level. I can go to a game an Plant HS or Robinson HS for about $5 (it may have gone up) and see better football than I see at USF.

So people who got to pay $100 a year, good or bad, get all the benefits? I was in elementary school when usf football started and didn't even know what a quarterback was. It would have been impossible for me to get in on the ground level. Meanwhile we're sitting on a base of thousands of alumni who never bought tickets but were at usf when times were good. we have to go and sell them on the program to get them in. If this works and gets those guys through the turnstiles then we are better set for the future. if you don't like it, you can hit the reset button for a year and things should be cheap again in 2016.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

That being said

As Senator Russell B. Long once said, "Don't tax you, Don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!"

Just was wondering if they were really kicking people out like when they expanded the student section. Your new total price, with the alumni discount, is $210/ticket, right?

From looking at it, there is no longer a faculty and staff section. You pay the donation and get a 20% discount on your ticket price. I dropped my tickets a couple of years ago when my second son was born, but this isn't doing a very good job of convincing my wife I should buy them again. If it means more money for USF, then that's the AD's call. I don't like it, but this move isn't for me and it seems to make other people happy.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I've been a season ticket holder of 8 seats since day one. I understand that some folks are upset at the change but you can't make everyone happy. 

for me at least, I have always viewed my season ticket costs as a donation to USF. I was surely not paying Green Jacket level fees for the pleasure or value of watching USF play Hofstra or Southern Piss back in the early days. Instead I have always viewed my combined ticket costs and donation as doing my part to grow USF football. My years of 'loyalty/patience' paid off during our 'glory days' in the mid to late 2000s and that prompted me to increase my donation as my income and disposable income grew. Nobody forced me to do this, instead I did b/c I believed/believe that this football program was worth investing.

Bottom line should be simple: if the new plan makes sense for you great...take advantage of the opportunity and go to as many games as possible. If it doesn't don't feel guilty or angered by the changes. IMHO, the new administration is trying undo the damage, neglect  and sheer incompetence of the last AD....while trying to sell a product that is not very good on the field....right now...and playing in a lesser conference situation. The biggest thing is if you want this program to rebound and recapture it's huge potential of just a few years ago..then everyone needs to go to games. you don't need to buy season tickets...just simply show up on game day get your ticket from the box office or scalper and cheer on your Bulls. Taggart and company need to turn it around ASAP....but we need fans old and new to do their part as well. 

my $0.02