• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone think this could be the first truly bad move of Harlan's administration? We can't give away seats right now and we're going to make long-term fans pay more?

This kills me. After all these years being loyal, having the grandfather deal head over my head then ripped away. I was told when I went from 8 to 6 tickets if those seats are dropped I can't get those seats back unless I pay the present donor level ($1000) for those seats. So in the VooDoo five article about people adding seats at the grandfathered level can't be correct because I was told more than once by USF tickets reps that I could not add more seats with my grandfathered donation could only add seats at the current donation level.

Of course it was correct
Well as far as the information I was given more than once by more than one USF rep seats could not be added at grandfathered level. Edited by bullz97

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  156

Anyone think this could be the first truly bad move of Harlan's administration? We can't give away seats right now and we're going to make long-term fans pay more?

This kills me. After all these years being loyal, having the grandfather deal head over my head then ripped away. I was told when I went from 8 to 6 tickets if those seats are dropped I can't get those seats back unless I pay the present donor level ($1000) for those seats. So in the VooDoo five article about people adding seats at the grandfathered level can't be correct because I was told more than once by USF tickets reps that I could not add more seats with my grandfathered donation could only add seats at the current donation level.
Of course it was correct
Well as far as the information I was given more than once by more than one USF rep seats could not be added at grandfathered level.

there are no grandfathered deals anymore -- just per seat donation levels (see the chart on the first page of this thread). It was the entire point of making the change to simplify the seat options for people and those who manage the tickets

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Of course it was correct
Well as far as the information I was given more than once by more than one USF rep seats could not be added at grandfathered level.

there are no grandfathered deals anymore -- just per seat donation levels (see the chart on the first page of this thread). It was the entire point of making the change to simplify the seat options for people and those who manage the tickets

bullz97 is referring that in the past he was told he couldn't add seats to the grandfathered location, in direct contrast to what was posted in the VD5 article

Which I remember reading similar posts here in TBP (that it couldn't be done)

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  0

Of course it was correct

Correct no grandfathered deals anymore. I was talking about the past not the present. Edited by bullz97

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Did anyone pay attention to the AAC donor rankings by school in the ticket renewal packet!!! How bad does that look for USF? I’ve done my part for 16 years and will continue to donate.  People need to step up or for sure we stay in this conference for ever.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Did anyone pay attention to the AAC donor rankings by school in the ticket renewal packet!!! How bad does that look for USF? I’ve done my part for 16 years and will continue to donate.  People need to step up or for sure we stay in this conference for ever.

I wish folks would stop dissing the conference. It's not a bad conference if (BIG IF) we can fix the TV money disparity. The schools are on an upward track, and most have committed to improvement in multiple sports.

Obviously the conference isn't where it would like to be yet, but (other than TV money) it's the next best conference for USF to the ACC.

I would HATE being a member of the B12. I really don't mind this conference (but we have to fix the TV money).

Oh, and did I mention the TV money is bad here?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

You made me walk to my mailbox at 11pm at night because I was curious. I had no idea we ranked so poorly in giving. I mean I knew we weren't at the top, I just didn't realize basically everyone else was above us - including schools that shouldn't be.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  3

Am I the only one who has had zero correspondence about renewing my seats yet?

I got an email last week and a package in the mail today. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

This marvelously astute guy did ....

Lastly, if you're wondering why they're doing this, go to the chart on page 6-7 of this brochure: http://d81ldo19jx3e0.cloudfront.net/usf/bullschampionshipseating/assets/img/BC-Guide.pdf

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  3

This marvelously astute guy did ....

Lastly, if you're wondering why they're doing this, go to the chart on page 6-7 of this brochure: http://d81ldo19jx3e0.cloudfront.net/usf/bullschampionshipseating/assets/img/BC-Guide.pdf

Just playing around, it's interesting to note the dollar-per-donor ratio, where Tulane averages 'bout $794/donor and at the other end of the scale Memphis averages about $2,446/donor. USF looks to be right at $1,096.