• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

From the article Hem linked to what I think is the most important thing for season ticket holders (emphasis mine):

While we were doing some focus groups, we came to some important realizations: one of which was giving out highly discounted and free tickets is a disincentive to those who purchase season tickets, which ultimately works against our goal of developing a very strong foundation of season ticket members to create a home venue advantage for our teams.

In an effort to protect the investment of season ticket holders, we will not devalue the price of our tickets by applying deep discount methods. No more Groupons. No more overly cheap tickets sold at the last minute that only erodes the investment that our loyal fans made at the beginning of the sales year. That ends now. 

http://www.voodoofive.com/2015/3/10/8180047/the-new-usf-ticketing-process-our-q-a-with-senior-assoc-ad-andrew

I thought that was a very powerful statement, and I hope they stick with that philosophy. As a season ticket holder the past few years those GroupOn deals irked me. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So what did I miss

missed-target-300x300.jpg

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Anyone think this could be the first truly bad move of Harlan's administration? We can't give away seats right now and we're going to make long-term fans pay more?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I'm really confused on this new set-up. The amount is significantly less than my current annual donation. What am I missing?

Feel free to give me a call and I will explain.

In a nutshell.....you get the option for better seats BUT the new plan is priced better (lower total $) for a lower ticket qty per account, but priced higher if you max out your tickets per account.  

Edited by Bulls2k

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Days Won:  3

Another day at the office. Get some coffee.

To be crystal clear, I am not a give until it hurts kind of guy. I approached season ticket purchases like any business arrangement. Here's $X of my dollars for your product (season tickets). At the time the original deal was inked, both the University and I agreed that a $100 donation per year was fine. However, as the program grew, someone decided that those seats were actually worth a $1K donation. I figured it was just a matter of time before the 'grandfathering-in' would cease, but I made certain that I waited until someone else raised their hand first.

As it stands, my donation has gone up from $100 to $600 for the same seats. Think about that....over the past seventeen years, I've donated a total of $1,700 dollars. Assuming I go to the twenty-year-mark, I will have donated $1,800 over three years. A new boss, a new deal. Things change. And I can see where there would be some angst about dropping $1K for the same seats that some guy paid $100 for.  Then again, that was the going rate, but loyalty factored into the equation. You'll notice there's a 20% discount; "alumni discount". Now, would you argue that it's not "fair" to have the alums paying less than los touristas? 

Point being, the revised plan seems to level the playing field and remove some of the co$t prohibitive barriers to filling the stadium.   

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone think this could be the first truly bad move of Harlan's administration? We can't give away seats right now and we're going to make long-term fans pay more?

Not a chance. Yes, you are going to lose a few because of the changes but in the long run this type of system will benefit all parties involved.

This system edit of leveling the playing field was bound to happen.

I've learned in life that you can't please everyone, and this system change is one of those times.

Edited by bull2saintleo

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Not a chance. Yes, you are going to lose a few because of the changes but in the long run this type of system will benefit all parties involved.

This system edit of leveling the playing field was bound to happen.

I've learned in life that you can't please everyone, and this system change is one of those times.

In the short term it will probably hurt, but this move was about 4-5-10+ years from now. Attendance can't get too much worse, best to fox a flawed system while down.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,995
  • Days Won:  38

I applaud Harlan for the overhaul. Sounds like things were a bit ridiculous and now with little attendance the impact of the change is minimalized for benefit in the long term.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

We are going to be here one day, better start saving & quit complaining

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS

The Texas athletic program officially announced its pricing structure for the 2015. The average price of season tickets at Darrel K. Royal-Texas Memorial stadium went up by six percent. To sit on the fifty-yard line, new ticket buyers will pay $4,160 per seat, which includes a $3,500 contribution in addition to the $660 ticket price. However, a new, entry-level ticket was introduced to reduce the get-in-the-door price. The upper deck of the north endzone begins at $199 for the year. -Stefan Scrafield, The Dallas Morning News-

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Spreaking of season tickets.

Due to the new pricing, we are thinking of moving section from 138.

Although the people around us are great, and had almost perfect seats to view the cheerleaders...

Being on the east side, we constantly have the sun beating down in front of us during day games... which was never fun.

Any recommended sections on the westend?

...I was thinking of mirroring to section 109 or 112.  But not sure how the sun plays there.. or if its better to go up a section

Edited by Dogma