• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The transfer fee is not to move seats. That fee is if you own 4 seats, but now you want your neighbor to own two of them, thus you are transferring two of your seats to your neighbor.

OOOOOH!!!

THANK YOU!!!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

I should jump in and say "I am pretty sure"  ..... since I am out of the loop, but that is how I read the material. John can let us know if I was wrong.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

The transfer fee is not to move seats. That fee is if you own 4 seats, but now you want your neighbor to own two of them, thus you are transferring two of your seats to your neighbor.

We have neighbors in that stadium? All my neighbors in Ray jay got foreclosed on. 

Edited by David_sec329

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

All,

Is anyone else upset with the new pricing model?

It seems like the "grandfathered donations" have been pushed out the window and they are charging on a per ticket basis now (and thus essentially telling the faithful donors that their years of donating mean nothing).

Has anyone else had a massive increase in prices?  I believe my 8 tickets cost me $3200 last year (with donation) and now I have to pay $5000 to get the same seats (with 1 less parking pass).

Thx

jonpfl

Speaking to a ticket rep.  He mentioned that most people would probably see a decrease.

The ones seeing an increase wold be those with a lot of seats (8 seats) or those who were very old time ticket holders who have been grandfathered in to a high level doner seat

It's a no win. 

You complain that grandfathered people being pushed out represents USF not caring.

But in the past even some posters here have complained that its not fair that people are grandfathered in.  Why should people pay far less (some cases thousands) just because, for example, they are older and were able to but tickets when the potential buyer was a kid at the time.

It is something called loyalty!!  It reminds me of the Bucs back in the day and getting greedy and look at their fanbase.

If new fans feel slighted, lower the donation but don't screw your loyal fans!!

Thx

jonpfl

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

I should jump in and say "I am pretty sure"  ..... since I am out of the loop, but that is how I read the material. John can let us know if I was wrong.

You were 100% correct

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Well im here to help you guys. Im more then willing to take any of the free rounds of golf at the claw. I think that is a huge perk to get people to use the golf course also.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

All,

It seems like the "grandfathered donations" have been pushed out the window and they are charging on a per ticket basis now (and thus essentially telling the faithful donors that their years of donating mean nothing).

Has anyone else had a massive increase in prices?  I believe my 8 tickets cost me $3200 last year (with donation) and now I have to pay $5000 to get the same seats (with 1 less parking pass).

Thx

jonpfl

Speaking to a ticket rep.  He mentioned that most people would probably see a decrease.

The ones seeing an increase wold be those with a lot of seats (8 seats) or those who were very old time ticket holders who have been grandfathered in to a high level doner seat

It's a no win. 

You complain that grandfathered people being pushed out represents USF not caring.

But in the past even some posters here have complained that its not fair that people are grandfathered in.  Why should people pay far less (some cases thousands) just because, for example, they are older and were able to but tickets when the potential buyer was a kid at the time.

It is something called loyalty!!  It reminds me of the Bucs back in the day and getting greedy and look at their fanbase.

Thx

jonpfl

programs don't run on loyalty. they run on cold hard cash.

there is no way you can build a fanbase or a program by grandfathering in donation levels over the long haul. it's a disincentive for younger fans and alumni. why should they have to pay more for less? not only that but it would bleed a program dry,.

A buddy of mine is a Kansas Basketball ticket holder. He said they did something similar years ago. All the oldtimers were pissed because those center court seats that they were paying a $100 donation for were now going to require a $5,000 donation even though they had held them (and in many cases passed them down to a relative) for years.

USF wants nothing more than market value for their tickets and in the long run this system will allow it.

I'm relatively young and have had season tickets for a long time. I've upgraded my donation level 3 times.  This new system will allow me to upgrade my seats for no increase in donation.

I consider this a generous gift for not only my loyalty but my increased donations along the way. BTW it was great when they reseated the sundome to allow for higher level donors to get premium seats then as well.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Looks like I can keep my seats in football (4) and basketball (2) and save over a grand. Apparently the inclusive donation calculates to a lower donation than I have been paying. So I keep the money or donate back to my old level.  Thanks Harlan!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

All,

Thx

jonpfl

It's a no win. 

Thx

jonpfl

programs don't run on loyalty. they run on cold hard cash.

there is no way you can build a fanbase or a program by grandfathering in donation levels over the long haul. it's a disincentive for younger fans and alumni. why should they have to pay more for less? not only that but it would bleed a program dry,.

A buddy of mine is a Kansas Basketball ticket holder. He said they did something similar years ago. All the oldtimers were pissed because those center court seats that they were paying a $100 donation for were now going to require a $5,000 donation even though they had held them (and in many cases passed them down to a relative) for years.

USF wants nothing more than market value for their tickets and in the long run this system will allow it.

I'm relatively young and have had season tickets for a long time. I've upgraded my donation level 3 times.  This new system will allow me to upgrade my seats for no increase in donation.

I consider this a generous gift for not only my loyalty but my increased donations along the way. BTW it was great when they reseated the sundome to allow for higher level donors to get premium seats then as well.

Funny to see Kansas basketball and USF in the same sentence.  I guarantee you that if those people in Kansas didn't renew, there would be 10 people in line to buy those tickets. 

I have no problem paying more for a better product but I have been following USF for too long and keep hearing the same song and dance (we need more money to compete, we are going to put a better product on the field, etc).

Market value for USF tickets is about 20% of their printed value!!!

Thx

jonpfl

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I actually am looking at this from multiple ends. 1) I have been grandfathered into my section for a long time now. 2) However, I have chosen to give at a level higher than the required donation for that section for awhile now. It was nice to know I could have reduced it to the grandfathered rate but I understand the change. 3)Having said all that with the seat donation and figuring in a very generous 20% alumni discount - the whole thing costs me thousands less than what I currently pay.

I went back to last year's seating and donation chart and I would thing most are paying less. Hopefully we see a nice spike in ticket sales as a result of the new program.