• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

I think this cuts several ways.

Based on the deal we inked back in '97, my seats were in the $1K/GJ section, however, having been a ground-floor sort of guy, I was grandfathered in @ $100. I've gotten pretty fair mileage out of that thus far. As for 'priority points' and such, I never found myself wanting for tickets, so part of that may just be demand. I dunno. I do know, however, that even at the Bullseye level, I was pretty surprised at where I was on the points totem pole...just sayin'.

Now that USF is restructuring the donor~ticket relationship, and we have to make decisions about whether we move forward with this, there are some things to consider. To begin with, the cost of my four season tickets will escalate from an expense of approximately $850 per season to $1,600 per season...nearly doubling, due mostly to a six-fold increase in donor fees. So, if there is an expectation of continuing to purchase tickets in light of the past four years performance (I'm obviously not as altruistic as some) , CA makes the decision more palatable. For us - and there are more than a few in at the OG rate - CA is a selling point.  

Wooly, are you sure about that $850 figure? I'm in a lower than GJ level section and my season tix by themselves were $250/ea last year. Grandfathering didn't cover the actual ticket prices, did it? That should have put you at a minimum of $1100, compared to the $1600 this year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

Based on the deal we inked back in '97, my seats were in the $1K/GJ section, however, having been a ground-floor sort of guy, I was grandfathered in @ $100. I've gotten pretty fair mileage out of that thus far. As for 'priority points' and such, I never found myself wanting for tickets, so part of that may just be demand. I dunno. I do know, however, that even at the Bullseye level, I was pretty surprised at where I was on the points totem pole...just sayin'.

Now that USF is restructuring the donor~ticket relationship, and we have to make decisions about whether we move forward with this, there are some things to consider. To begin with, the cost of my four season tickets will escalate from an expense of approximately $850 per season to $1,600 per season...nearly doubling, due mostly to a six-fold increase in donor fees. So, if there is an expectation of continuing to purchase tickets in light of the past four years performance (I'm obviously not as altruistic as some) , CA makes the decision more palatable. For us - and there are more than a few in at the OG rate - CA is a selling point.  

Wooly, are you sure about that $850 figure? I'm in a lower than GJ level section and my season tix by themselves were $250/ea last year. Grandfathering didn't cover the actual ticket prices, did it? That should have put you at a minimum of $1100, compared to the $1600 this year.

Here's my math, for four season ticket seats in section 234....

2014: I ran six payments of $121.65, for a total of $729.90. My annual donation was $100. So total FB expense was +/- $830 (given that one of those six payments was actually slightly more than $121.65).

2015: those same four seats require a donation / seat charge of $150 (x 4) = $600. The per seat price is $250 (x4) = $1,000. Combined, we're looking at an overall cost, per seat of $ 400. And if I'm purchasing four seats, 4 x $400 = $ 1,600. 

Assumption: The 2015 estimate is based on the diagram. If we assume that USF is not getting rid of the 'grandfathering in' of long time

season ticket holders, instead of a $600 'donation', I would be paying a one-time $100 donation. That would make the 2015 cost right at

$1,100, which is still a $300 increase. If, as pointed out above, the 'prime' seats in the 1st section of seats can be had for thousands of dollars less (assuming the previous donation levels to be a deterrent), then I can see where they would be considered a 'bargain'.  I can

also see where an increase in overall price for persons like me would necessarily have to have some sort of attached 'perk' (e.g. CA),

based on what we've seen with season ticket sales over the past few years. 

The key to success this year will be explaining to the other member of the Robinson Household Board of Directors that CA is now 

available for less than a $1k/year donation...which is a true statement. Gotta spin this stuff the right way, as construction of the media

room continues. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

For me, if I change nothing, there's a PRICE INCREASE of $200.00 for one LESS game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

Anyone know when the renewal deadline will be? Mid-March or later?

It will all depend on when the renewals are sent out. If the renewals are sent by the end of the month, then you're looking at a deadline around mid April.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Gentlemanlies,

I wanted to dig a bit on this, and from what I understand this was leaked prematurely and does not contain all of the information; that information will be released soon. Until then, look at this flier as if you received 2 words out of a 10 word sentence.

Coke and a smile time for now, but this does not tell the story to come, that information should be coming shortly.

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

Gentlemanlies,

I wanted to dig a bit on this, and from what I understand this was leaked prematurely and does not contain all of the information;...

Imperfect or missing information? And when was the last time we let something as trivial as the likes of that stand in the way of rampant speculation and supposition?

Is this your first day here?  :roflmao:

Seriously though, premature leakage is nothing to laugh at. Happens to the best of institutions...  :unsure:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

While this tread may not explode like some in the past. I expect plenty of excitement when the e-mail notices arrive.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Gentlemanlies,

I wanted to dig a bit on this, and from what I understand this was leaked prematurely and does not contain all of the information;...

Imperfect or missing information? And when was the last time we let something as trivial as the likes of that stand in the way of rampant speculation and supposition?

Is this your first day here? :roflmao:

Seriously though, premature leakage is nothing to laugh at. Happens to the best of institutions... :unsure:

Some of us are able to tie it in a knot to prevent leakage...

*Disclaimer: some of us does not include spokesman

• Upvote 1

Here's my math, for four season ticket seats in section 234....

Ah, that was it. Forgot under previous plan, the East side tix were cheaper ... Good luck with your Household Board of Directors. You can also try to sell a move to the shady West side if seats available.

• Upvote 1

Gentlemanlies,

I wanted to dig a bit on this, and from what I understand this was leaked prematurely and does not contain all of the information; that information will be released soon. Until then, look at this flier as if you received 2 words out of a 10 word sentence.

I'm guessing this is more like 7 or 8 words out of a 10 word sentence. If it wasn't, JL would have been a lot more cautionary ...