• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

My initial take is that USF has been consulting with the Obama Administration and trying to figure out how to shift more of the burden to the "nation's wealthiest people".  LOL...the cheap seats costs less than ever and the not cheap seats will be unoccupied or given out as a freebie each game to Beyonce, JZ and Lady Gaga.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,431
  • Days Won:  422

Having now been to the website there is one thing that seems to not make sense so maybe I'm reading it wrong. When it comes to ticket priority it says they look at the 2015-2016 giving level first and then Priority Points. Well that makes Priority Points virtually mute (not that they held much value). Let's say I was at the Green Jacket level (I'm not but for this illustration). Let's say I have given at that level for 10 consecutive years. Now this year someone who is in their 2nd year of giving gives $2000. They now have priority over me?? I have to be reading it wrong because I thought if nothing else did priority points recognized lifetime loyalty?? Clarification please.

Actually, if I'm reading it right, it's worse than that. In your illustration, if someone starts giving $2000 this year they would have priority over you for, at least, relocating tix (if a previous donor at lower level), parking, away games and post season tix. It doesn't make Priority Points moot because of the seeding within your donor level and if that level is large, it could have some significant value.

You are right about priority points becoming pretty meaningless. I am near the top of the priority point list, which used to mean lot 5 parking. Shame for me, but I understand why they did it. hopefully the winds will change down the road and it will carry value again. (for my selfish reasons) ..... but, I have no ground to complain, just have to deal.  

I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to long on to the site.  Probably won't have a chance until Thursday at the earliest.  Priority points won't mean anything for parking lots???  WTF???

The Points will matter when they get to your donor level but all the levels higher than yours will get to choose a lot first. The levels are:

$50K  Legacy

$25K  Champion

$10K  Victor

$ 5K   Gold

$3.5K Silver

$2K    Bronze

$1k    Green Bull

$500  Stampede

$100  Herd

Parking Map

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Days Won:  3

As it turns out, my previous accounting errors aside, it's about a $200 increase for section 234. But being brutally honest, I don't think I could cost justify that were it not for inclusion of the CA & 20% Alumni Discount. $1,215 to $1,415 is not going to break the bank, and there's the six-month payment plan. This would not be the year to raise prices for the sake of "well, everything costs more, so you know...".

I should jump in and say "I am pretty sure"  ..... since I am out of the loop, but that is how I read the material. John can let us know if I was wrong.

You were 100% correct

John, some more questions may as well ask here in case anyone has the same:

- As far as the Donor Levels go, if relocating football tix will hinge on that, I'll need to go ahead and renew all 3 sports now plus add whatever donation needed to get to the Level I want before the relocating process starts, correct?

- Pertaining to the above, will going on a payment plan mess that up? In other words does the donation have to be paid in full before the Level is acknowleged?

- The way I read it, transferring tickets to someone who already has seats and an account will still require a transfer fee. Plus, it doesn't look like I can just transfer 1 seat if I wanted to. Are both those correct?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not new here as I read WAY more than I post(as you can see from my post count).   I do enjoy this site.  I am however totally upset(for lack of a better word) with the new scheme.  I am a herd level donor that has been with the team from day one.  I have attended almost every home football game.  I purchase two tickets and do not have club access.  Regarding the club access, for me personally, I don't need or want it.  Last season, I paid $835(seats and donation).  For 2015, the bill will be $1215 for the same seats.  That is for section 236, like I said, day one ticket holder.  The price increase for 2015 is beyond obscene.  Perhaps, if we were coming off a better season, with a consistently better product, then my opinion would likely be different.  Unfortunately, the timing of this new strategy is very likely to push me out of the USF football season ticket model.  

I'm not new here as I read WAY more than I post(as you can see from my post count).   I do enjoy this site.  I am however totally upset(for lack of a better word) with the new scheme.  I am a herd level donor that has been with the team from day one.  I have attended almost every home football game.  I purchase two tickets and do not have club access.  Regarding the club access, for me personally, I don't need or want it.  Last season, I paid $835(seats and donation).  For 2015, the bill will be $1215 for the same seats.  That is for section 236, like I said, day one ticket holder.  The price increase for 2015 is beyond obscene.  Perhaps, if we were coming off a better season, with a consistently better product, then my opinion would likely be different.  Unfortunately, the timing of this new strategy is very likely to push me out of the USF football season ticket model.  

I understand that this is tough for those grandfathered in but the bottom line is that there is no price increase. You've just been getting one helluva discount for a long long time. What some people in that same section paid for 2 tix last year would have been around either $4000 or $5500, where you paid $835..... and you've got to be kidding about this new strategy pushing you out of the USF football season ticket model?? If it's a financial thing, you can move just one section over to 237 and get 2 tix for $100 LESS (if you're an alumnus) than what you paid last year, with Club access.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,306
  • Days Won:  43

Having now been to the website there is one thing that seems to not make sense so maybe I'm reading it wrong. When it comes to ticket priority it says they look at the 2015-2016 giving level first and then Priority Points. Well that makes Priority Points virtually mute (not that they held much value). Let's say I was at the Green Jacket level (I'm not but for this illustration). Let's say I have given at that level for 10 consecutive years. Now this year someone who is in their 2nd year of giving gives $2000. They now have priority over me?? I have to be reading it wrong because I thought if nothing else did priority points recognized lifetime loyalty?? Clarification please.

Actually, if I'm reading it right, it's worse than that. In your illustration, if someone starts giving $2000 this year they would have priority over you for, at least, relocating tix (if a previous donor at lower level), parking, away games and post season tix. It doesn't make Priority Points moot because of the seeding within your donor level and if that level is large, it could have some significant value.

I guess peeps are missing Doug Woolard right about now?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,988
  • Days Won:  38

Hmm not missing Doug Woolard

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I understand that this is tough for those grandfathered in but the bottom line is that there is no price increase. You've just been getting one helluva discount for a long long time. What some people in that same section paid for 2 tix last year would have been around either $4000 or $5500, where you paid $835..... and you've got to be kidding about this new strategy pushing you out of the USF football season ticket model?? If it's a financial thing, you can move just one section over to 237 and get 2 tix for $100 LESS (if you're an alumnus) than what you paid last year, with Club access.

Show me the money baby! Harlan knows it's all about dem benjamins, much respect to him for overhauling the system. It's been long overdue.

• Upvote 1