• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

Having now been to the website there is one thing that seems to not make sense so maybe I'm reading it wrong. When it comes to ticket priority it says they look at the 2015-2016 giving level first and then Priority Points. Well that makes Priority Points virtually mute (not that they held much value). Let's say I was at the Green Jacket level (I'm not but for this illustration). Let's say I have given at that level for 10 consecutive years. Now this year someone who is in their 2nd year of giving gives $2000. They now have priority over me?? I have to be reading it wrong because I thought if nothing else did priority points recognized lifetime loyalty?? Clarification please.

I think that's just home game tickets and parking. which makes sense as your per ticket donation next year determines your seating section as well as your parking section. I believe it has always been that way with the exception of grandfathering.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

I have had seats in section 124 (end zone) for the past 7 years. My invoice for 6 tickets went from $1065 to $765 this year. With the savings I am thinking about purchasing 2 more tickets for some friends who just moved back to Florida. I hope this system works out for most people and that it will increase butts in the seats. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hi John,

When can we buy Navy and Maryland tickets?

Road game information is typically sent out in late May / early June.

You won't be sending me info, since I'm not a season ticket holder, I'm local to DC.

When can us DC'ers buy tix?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Question...and will call the rep tomorrow if I have time at work.  (Also when USF calls me why dont they ever leave a message)  Ive had those cheap family section tickets so i can bring quite a few non usf alum or just some casual football fans and friends to games with me.  Am I reading the chart right that those seats no longer exist I and i need to move to another section of the stadium? I'm not terribly worried about a price increase just wanna make sure i need to scope out new digs?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Hi John,

You won't be sending me info, since I'm not a season ticket holder, I'm local to DC.

Where are you in DC? I'll be at the Crowne Plaza Arlington from Thursday-Monday.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Days Won:  19

You are right about priority points becoming pretty meaningless. I am near the top of the priority point list, which used to mean lot 5 parking. Shame for me, but I understand why they did it. hopefully the winds will change down the road and it will carry value again. (for my selfish reasons) ..... but, I have no ground to complain, just have to deal.  

• Upvote 1

Hi John,

Where are you in DC? I'll be at the Crowne Plaza Arlington from Thursday-Monday.

PM sent

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

You are right about priority points becoming pretty meaningless. I am near the top of the priority point list, which used to mean lot 5 parking. Shame for me, but I understand why they did it. hopefully the winds will change down the road and it will carry value again. (for my selfish reasons) ..... but, I have no ground to complain, just have to deal.  

I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to long on to the site.  Probably won't have a chance until Thursday at the earliest.  Priority points won't mean anything for parking lots???  WTF???

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I actually am looking at this from multiple ends. 1) I have been grandfathered into my section for a long time now. 2) However, I have chosen to give at a level higher than the required donation for that section for awhile now. It was nice to know I could have reduced it to the grandfathered rate but I understand the change. 3)Having said all that with the seat donation and figuring in a very generous 20% alumni discount - the whole thing costs me thousands less than what I currently pay.

I went back to last year's seating and donation chart and I would thing most are paying less. Hopefully we see a nice spike in ticket sales as a result of the new program.

I have no problem with the new system but I do have a problem with them dropping a > 50% increase on fans who have purchased multiple tickets (in my case 8) since day 1 for football.  I have not decided if I will renew or not and I KNOW USF will not have people in line waiting to scoop up my tickets (which equates to $0 and 8 empty seats). 

I know the last few years my section has been near empty so don't talk about market value to me!!  There were many times I tried to sell my tickets outside the stadium and was offered $5 per.  I would rather not have someone in front of me.  I also tried to give tickets away the week before the game and no one cared to go.

I would feel MUCH better about an increase IF the product on the field has improved (which I feel it has not).  The last thing I remember is a shutout to our biggest rival!!

Thx

jonpfl

First, I'd go back and double check your figures to make sure that > 50% increase is entirely accurate. Second, it sounds like you're in one of the Yellow CA sections and if so, if you give up those tickets, they may generate a ton more interest than you think. For just a donation of $800, some one can get 2 of them and have seats between the 45's and Club access.

Lastly, if you're wondering why they're doing this, go to the chart on page 6-7 of this brochure: http://d81ldo19jx3e0.cloudfront.net/usf/bullschampionshipseating/assets/img/BC-Guide.pdf

He's right.  I had 8 seats in 236 that cost me around $3400 a season ($1000 Green Jacket donation included).  Those 8 seats are now $5200 under the new program.  

can't remember the per game ticket cost(I believe 209 is same per ticket as 236) but my donation is $2000 to sit in a less desirable section. I've been at the scholar bull level for at least 5 years. For a few before that I was green jacket. I have steadily increased my donation as I have been able to over the years.

There is absolutely no reason why you deserve to sit in a better section now as I donate more money. This system makes way more sense and will allow equitable allocation to tickets.

You sound like the guy who's pissed off at his next door neighbor.  He pays less property tax for a bigger house because he had the intelligence (and money) to move into the neighborhood 10 years before you.  

I actually am looking at this from multiple ends. 1) I have been grandfathered into my section for a long time now. 2) However, I have chosen to give at a level higher than the required donation for that section for awhile now. It was nice to know I could have reduced it to the grandfathered rate but I understand the change. 3)Having said all that with the seat donation and figuring in a very generous 20% alumni discount - the whole thing costs me thousands less than what I currently pay.

I went back to last year's seating and donation chart and I would thing most are paying less. Hopefully we see a nice spike in ticket sales as a result of the new program.

I have no problem with the new system but I do have a problem with them dropping a > 50% increase on fans who have purchased multiple tickets (in my case 8) since day 1 for football.  I have not decided if I will renew or not and I KNOW USF will not have people in line waiting to scoop up my tickets (which equates to $0 and 8 empty seats). 

I know the last few years my section has been near empty so don't talk about market value to me!!  There were many times I tried to sell my tickets outside the stadium and was offered $5 per.  I would rather not have someone in front of me.  I also tried to give tickets away the week before the game and no one cared to go.

I would feel MUCH better about an increase IF the product on the field has improved (which I feel it has not).  The last thing I remember is a shutout to our biggest rival!!

Thx

jonpfl

First, I'd go back and double check your figures to make sure that > 50% increase is entirely accurate. Second, it sounds like you're in one of the Yellow CA sections and if so, if you give up those tickets, they may generate a ton more interest than you think. For just a donation of $800, some one can get 2 of them and have seats between the 45's and Club access.

Lastly, if you're wondering why they're doing this, go to the chart on page 6-7 of this brochure: http://d81ldo19jx3e0.cloudfront.net/usf/bullschampionshipseating/assets/img/BC-Guide.pdf

He's right.  I had 8 seats in 236 that cost me around $3400 a season ($1000 Green Jacket donation included).  Those 8 seats are now $5200 under the new program.  

can't remember the per game ticket cost(I believe 209 is same per ticket as 236) but my donation is $2000 to sit in a less desirable section. I've been at the scholar bull level for at least 5 years. For a few before that I was green jacket. I have steadily increased my donation as I have been able to over the years.

There is absolutely no reason why you deserve to sit in a better section now as I donate more money. This system makes way more sense and will allow equitable allocation to tickets.

You sound like the guy who's pissed off at his next door neighbor.  He pays less property tax for a bigger house because he had the intelligence (and money) to move into the neighborhood 10 years before you.  

Nah, he just a soshalist.