• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Gentlemanlies,

I wanted to dig a bit on this, and from what I understand this was leaked prematurely and does not contain all of the information; that information will be released soon. Until then, look at this flier as if you received 2 words out of a 10 word sentence.

I'm guessing this is more like 7 or 8 words out of a 10 word sentence. If it wasn't, JL would have been a lot more cautionary ...

4 to 5....

Final offer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Gentlemanlies,

I wanted to dig a bit on this, and from what I understand this was leaked prematurely and does not contain all of the information; that information will be released soon. Until then, look at this flier as if you received 2 words out of a 10 word sentence.

I'm guessing this is more like 7 or 8 words out of a 10 word sentence. If it wasn't, JL would have been a lot more cautionary ...

4 to 5....

Final offer

Bugger off with your "final offers" ...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

I think this cuts several ways.

Based on the deal we inked back in '97, my seats were in the $1K/GJ section, however, having been a ground-floor sort of guy, I was grandfathered in @ $100. I've gotten pretty fair mileage out of that thus far. As for 'priority points' and such, I never found myself wanting for tickets, so part of that may just be demand. I dunno. I do know, however, that even at the Bullseye level, I was pretty surprised at where I was on the points totem pole...just sayin'.

Now that USF is restructuring the donor~ticket relationship, and we have to make decisions about whether we move forward with this, there are some things to consider. To begin with, the cost of my four season tickets will escalate from an expense of approximately $850 per season to $1,600 per season...nearly doubling, due mostly to a six-fold increase in donor fees. So, if there is an expectation of continuing to purchase tickets in light of the past four years performance (I'm obviously not as altruistic as some) , CA makes the decision more palatable. For us - and there are more than a few in at the OG rate - CA is a selling point.  

Wooly, are you sure about that $850 figure? I'm in a lower than GJ level section and my season tix by themselves were $250/ea last year. Grandfathering didn't cover the actual ticket prices, did it? That should have put you at a minimum of $1100, compared to the $1600 this year.

Here's my math, for four season ticket seats in section 234....

Ah, that was it. Forgot under previous plan, the East side tix were cheaper ... Good luck with your Household Board of Directors. You can also try to sell a move to the shady West side if seats available.

Section 234 had a renewal price last season of $270 per seat. 4 seats there last season would have totaled $1,080 before factoring in the annual gift.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Listen, you brought it in, if you want to open your shop, you can ask for that, but I'm carrying all the risk at 4-5

Listen, you brought it in, if you want to open your shop, you can ask for that, but I'm carrying all the risk at 4-5

Not sure it's a good thing that I know exactly what you're talking about ....

I think this cuts several ways.

Based on the deal we inked back in '97, my seats were in the $1K/GJ section, however, having been a ground-floor sort of guy, I was grandfathered in @ $100. I've gotten pretty fair mileage out of that thus far. As for 'priority points' and such, I never found myself wanting for tickets, so part of that may just be demand. I dunno. I do know, however, that even at the Bullseye level, I was pretty surprised at where I was on the points totem pole...just sayin'.

Now that USF is restructuring the donor~ticket relationship, and we have to make decisions about whether we move forward with this, there are some things to consider. To begin with, the cost of my four season tickets will escalate from an expense of approximately $850 per season to $1,600 per season...nearly doubling, due mostly to a six-fold increase in donor fees. So, if there is an expectation of continuing to purchase tickets in light of the past four years performance (I'm obviously not as altruistic as some) , CA makes the decision more palatable. For us - and there are more than a few in at the OG rate - CA is a selling point.  

Wooly, are you sure about that $850 figure? I'm in a lower than GJ level section and my season tix by themselves were $250/ea last year. Grandfathering didn't cover the actual ticket prices, did it? That should have put you at a minimum of $1100, compared to the $1600 this year.

Here's my math, for four season ticket seats in section 234....

Ah, that was it. Forgot under previous plan, the East side tix were cheaper ... Good luck with your Household Board of Directors. You can also try to sell a move to the shady West side if seats available.

Section 234 had a renewal price last season of $270 per seat. 4 seats there last season would have totaled $1,080 before factoring in the annual gift.

Wooly must have pictures of somebody ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

See, you learn something new every day. I never knew there was a price difference between the East & West sides.

As for the funds expended...all I know is that I see a total of six charges, one each month to USF Athletics, for six months straight (March to August) of +/- $121.00...which comes out to +/- $726.00....or +/- $181 / seat. Don't know what to tell you...all I have to work with is the credit card statements. Well, credit card statements and unanswered questions as to cost justification for spending that on the 2014 season. Now you see why the Robinson Household Board of Directors has such contentious meetings when the annual ticket renewal agenda item bubbles to the surface.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

$3160 last year, $3200 this year - Not bad

$451/game last year vs $533.33 per game this year - BAD!

Edited by BDYZR

$2890 last year, $3200 this year

Did you have Club Access last year?