• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message added by Brad,

This thread and poll was not created by @Peatearpan

I started the topic off of his and @jjlovecub's posts from another thread

At this moment  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I fit the same mold and can still sweat through a game after 15 beers without cramping, takes discipline, endurance and grit, he has that.

We need to have a scoreboard for TBP where we can all put in the summer work we're training for to achieve this kind of Bulls fan success. I knock out a couple beers and bottle of wine most days. Where do I stand on USF Grit workload to handle this season? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

What a surge by the optimists

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We need to have a scoreboard for TBP where we can all put in the summer work we're training for to achieve this kind of Bulls fan success. I knock out a couple beers and bottle of wine most days. Where do I stand on USF Grit workload to handle this season? 

An excellent idea, I can go vodka, then a couple beers, hit a bottle of red wine then hit the gym in the morning.  I am not saying I am top 10 grit but would love to know where I land on the leader board, making the world a better place is my true inspiration.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Tell me who are starting QB is? Is it Timmy? Is it a transfer having to learn a new offense? The transfer hasn't even been declared the starting QB. I played sparingly at this level. However I remember it being extremely difficult to adjust from one system to another system over the course of a few months. We have NO proven QB. Baylor had a proven QB. However we are NOT Baylor presently. We're going to take our lumps. How soon we forget about all of the transfers that never materialized over the years... especially with such a short turnaround.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Days Won:  12

I think we will go to a bowl game and have 1 OOC upset. 

Definitely need my head checked.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Tell me who are starting QB is? Is it Timmy? Is it a transfer having to learn a new offense? The transfer hasn't even been declared the starting QB. I played sparingly at this level. However I remember it being extremely difficult to adjust from one system to another system over the course of a few months. We have NO proven QB. Baylor had a proven QB. However we are NOT Baylor presently. We're going to take our lumps. How soon we forget about all of the transfers that never materialized over the years... especially with such a short turnaround.

I never played at this level so you have the experience.  I am giving you my knowledge as an arm chair QB.  This guy will fake it until he makes it, he is a  stud athlete and will lead this team, we will out athlete teams while we figure it out. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Well everyone is learning a new offense I assume under Trickett and Morris advising.  /CJs never really designed an offense because he was the co-oc that didnt call plays.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I am optimistic cause of the new OC, DC and transfers brought in....especially Gerry.  

I think the offense has potential to be quite good if our playmakers are used properly.

I think the DC should be a huge improvement over Spencer and his rush 3 and give the opposing QB a ton of time to finally find somebody open.  We had somebody with no DC experience run the defense vs UCF and we forced more pressure and that alone made this defense look much better.  Now add in more p5 transfers and a good coach and we might have a decent defense if they can stay healthy.

I expect 6+ wins this season.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

I voted optimistic, mainly because I feel that we will be .500 or better for the first time in 4 seasons, which is progress

As NEB stated, I am a bit sad that the state of USF football is such that I am excited about what will otherwise be classified as a mediocre season 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

Voted optimistic... My gut says...

Three probable wins (Howard, Tulsa, Temple)
Four Toss ups (BYU, ECU, SMU, Tulane)
Four Probable Losses (UF, Louisville, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF)

Win the games we're supposed to, split the toss ups, and upset someone and we're @ six wins. 

I think there was enough positive change in player personnel and staff during the off season to get us there. Really need to win some games and GREATLY boost our recruiting this coming year.

Long way to go still. Go Bulls.