• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message added by Brad,

This thread and poll was not created by @Peatearpan

I started the topic off of his and @jjlovecub's posts from another thread

At this moment  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Brad said:

For those in the "Neither" category is that mostly apathy from years of abuse?  Are you beaten down from previous seasons or are you waiting to see something that pushes you to one camp or the other?  Afraid to commit (again)?  

I am optimistic that we will be better than last year. I am pessimistic about us being a decent team compared to the rest of college football. Hence, I am "neither."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I voted neither but starting to lean pessimistic. I mean how much abuse can a fan take? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,244
  • Days Won:  25

I have zero faith in cjs to learn to be a miracously improved coach and take a complete 180 in one offseason. I have hope in GB to be better than any quarterback we have seen here in the last three years. It appears if the defense improvea the defense  and the new oc trickett/analyst Morris  improve the offense we should do better than 1 fbs win in two seasons. I would be able aboard to fire Scott if we don't go bowling this year. To give cjs credit he brought in a lot of p5 transfers talent and there is no excuse to get embarrassed by aac teams anymore. He brought it new coaches to fix the failures and if they succeed I will give him props. The wildcard is Morris to me, he was a proven oc who ran everything on his side of the ball,  he did decent at smu and had a good offense but failed at Arkansas I believe was his last stop.  I think Morris can definitely help trickett and Scott build an offense to suit the talent that cjs and his staff recruited.

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I voted neither but starting to lean pessimistic. I mean how much abuse can a fan take? 

Battery fan syndrome we keep coming back for more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

For those in the "Neither" category is that mostly apathy from years of abuse?  Are you beaten down from previous seasons or are you waiting to see something that pushes you to one camp or the other?  Afraid to commit (again)?  

I voted Neither because that's the way I try to go into every Bulls sports season, anticipation rather than expectations ..... although Frisco's dead solid, hands down lock for this year has me teetering on optimism.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I have zero faith in cjs to learn to be a miracously improved coach and take a complete 180 in one offseason. I have hope in GB to be better than any quarterback we have seen here in the last three years. It appears if the defense improvea the defense  and the new oc trickett/analyst Morris  improve the offense we should do better than 1 fbs win in two seasons. I would be able aboard to fire Scott if we don't go bowling this year. To give cjs credit he brought in a lot of p5 transfers talent and there is no excuse to get embarrassed by aac teams anymore. He brought it new coaches to fix the failures and if they succeed I will give him props. The wildcard is Morris to me, he was a proven oc who ran everything on his side of the ball,  he did decent at smu and had a good offense but failed at Arkansas I believe was his last stop.  I think Morris can definitely help trickett and Scott build an offense to suit the talent that cjs and his staff recruited.

Battery fan syndrome we keep coming back for more.

Spot on with Morris…he is at a position where he excelled in the past. Yeah, I am not high on Scott at all. He seems to be over his head. But these assistants can help not only this team learn but maybe the coach as well. We shall see. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  232
  • Days Won:  0

I voted neither because I have incredibly mixed feelings. I want to, need to believe this is the year that we turn the corner. If Scott doesn’t show the improvement he has been talking about we will be left behind and football will basically be pointless at USF in light of recent developments at the college level. I couldn’t say optimistic in good faith because the problems we had last year still linger. Everybody is talking about returning players, experienced players…that just means that the trash we have been seeing could persist. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,244
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Spot on with Morris…he is at a position where he excelled in the past. Yeah, I am not high on Scott at all. He seems to be over his head. But these assistants can help not only this team learn but maybe the coach as well. We shall see. 

Exactly how i feel about CJS and I feel like this is a coach in training program ... Hopefully Morris, Trickett, and Shoop turn this team around. CJs can get talent here and hopefully it transfers to wins.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

57 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is me.  For so long I’ve let hope and blind faith convince me that “this year” will be our year.  I think we will be better than last year but not by much.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

Bowl game or bust 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

I am obviously optimistic because of GB first however he picked up some depth at RB, we have big targets at WR, experienced O line (new oc). We have a new DC and added some talent as well on the line, LB and DB.  Nobody knows how all of these other pieces will fit in however we actually have a QB for the first time since Q, and that is enough of a reason to be optimistic.  The IPF, future OCS and the buzz around the program is contagious.  I am not sold on Scott but hopefully the new assistants and Morris can help him break out.  I guess I feel like I have been at this table for a long time and am running out of chips so I am pushing them all in, hoping for a good flop, decent turn and the river and I will continue to play.  If we **** the bed this year then maybe I simply get up and go home and hang up the cleats for good.