• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message added by Brad,

This thread and poll was not created by @Peatearpan

I started the topic off of his and @jjlovecub's posts from another thread

At this moment  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That sounds more like pessimistic. 

How so?  I’m just waiting on the real product to pass judgement 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I voted pessimistic.

We've been placing band aids on bullets holes these last four years. We've been hiring different experienced coaches hoping they are the magic fix, however either we lack the talent or intelligence to implement their game plans. We have no proven QB. Without a proven QB, you don't win playing college football. We'll win more than one game this season, however expecting to be competitive against non-AAC competition is suspect at best. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised attending a game or two, however I'm being realistic about the state of the program.  

We have a QB, only reason we don’t go bowling is if he gets injured early in the year. I am not asking people to drink the kool aid, but we are making some noise this year whether you choose to believe it or not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

We have a QB, only reason we don’t go bowling is if he gets injured early in the year. I am not asking people to drink the kool aid, but we are making some noise this year whether you choose to believe it or not. 

Serious question, do you have any insight into how he looked in their Spring game? The only, stressing ONLY, question I have about him is his health. He didn't finish the reg season or play in the ccg and, statistically, was horrible in their bowl game. Obviously, per the pre season reports, he's kicking ass in the gym so hopefully he's back to 100% and where he was before the injury last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

I am mostly optimistic... which, to me, means better than last year

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

How much worse than every other person that’s done their job before them do these people have to do before anyone thinks they are who they continually show they are? CSH, CCS, ADDW, ADMH all laugh at these people and that anyone could possibly think they are doing a better job. They cost more money people like them but no one has ever done anything worse than they are doing it. Some day results need to matter, but It sounds like no one really expects it to be this year either.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

Neither - We have so many changing pieces (on paper they should be the same or better) that I’m not sure they will be in sync. There are too many unknowns for me to feel any different. I also don’t see winning 4 games being different than last year. I can be easily swayed based on field performance.

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Serious question, do you have any insight into how he looked in their Spring game? The only, stressing ONLY, question I have about him is his health. He didn't finish the reg season or play in the ccg and, statistically, was horrible in their bowl game. Obviously, per the pre season reports, he's kicking ass in the gym so hopefully he's back to 100% and where he was before the injury last year.

I don’t but will do some research.  He had a hamstring injury which for a dual speedster is crushing.  When you are muscular with little body fat you are susceptible to dehydration and pulling muscles like a hammy.  He will be fine IMO however I will check it out, off season cures all. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I voted pessimistic.

We've been placing band aids on bullets holes these last four years. We've been hiring different experienced coaches hoping they are the magic fix, however either we lack the talent or intelligence to implement their game plans. We have no proven QB. Without a proven QB, you don't win playing college football. We'll win more than one game this season, however expecting to be competitive against non-AAC competition is suspect at best. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised attending a game or two, however I'm being realistic about the state of the program.  

QB won’t be the problem. Indeed offense will be pretty decent this year. Defense? We could be struggling there in many games. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

49 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t but will do some research.  He had a hamstring injury which for a dual speedster is crushing.  When you are muscular with little body fat you are susceptible to dehydration and pulling muscles like a hammy.  He will be fine IMO however I will check it out, off season cures all. 

That doesn't bode well for playing in Tampa in Sept/Oct.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That doesn't bode well for playing in Tampa in Sept/Oct.

I am not a trainer but hopefully they get him on some IV’s, he was in central Texas and Arkansas his entire life.    I fit the same mold and can still sweat through a game after 15 beers without cramping, takes discipline, endurance and grit, he has that.