• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message added by Brad,

This thread and poll was not created by @Peatearpan

I started the topic off of his and @jjlovecub's posts from another thread

At this moment  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, MoneyBull83 said:

Four Probable Losses (UF, Louisville, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF)

You must have graduated prior to our preeminence standing 😀.  However I pretty much agree with your take less the questionable mathematical skills and ECU is a probable IMO. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I am optimistic.  All I want to see is a clear trend upward and hopefully a bowl game which I will go all out for.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

I've been at optimist at the beginning of every season for the last 25 years.  I may have felt differently at the end of the season, but that's another poll subject. :LoveFest:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

definitely optimistic--we have the best qb ever to put on a usf uniform

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

I'm always optimistic, but the reason this year is because of the perceived talent upgrade in the transfers and the new OC and DC.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Found a third party site that actually has us doing pretty well this year. https://mcillecesports.com/rising-and-falling/

Seems like they created some metric based on play-by-play win probabilities, strength of schedule, scheme, player experience, etc to try and give gambling advice. Last year they rated us as the #117 team in the country, with a 7% chance to beat an average opponent. This year they have us as the #2 most improved team in the country, projecting us to leap up to 63rd in the nation.

Assuming we win against teams he ranks us higher than and lose to ones we are below, this is how our season would turn out:

Loss: UCF, Louisville, Florida, SMU, BYU, Cincinnati
Win: Tulane, Temple, ECU, Houston, Tulsa, Howard

Obviously means nothing, but I don't remember any 3rd parties being this high on us last year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Found a third party site that actually has us doing pretty well this year. https://mcillecesports.com/rising-and-falling/

Seems like they created some metric based on play-by-play win probabilities, strength of schedule, scheme, player experience, etc to try and give gambling advice. Last year they rated us as the #117 team in the country, with a 7% chance to beat an average opponent. This year they have us as the #2 most improved team in the country, projecting us to leap up to 63rd in the nation.

Assuming we win against teams he ranks us higher than and lose to ones we are below, this is how our season would turn out:

Loss: UCF, Louisville, Florida, SMU, BYU, Cincinnati
Win: Tulane, Temple, ECU, Houston, Tulsa, Howard

Obviously means nothing, but I don't remember any 3rd parties being this high on us last year

I think this is right, with maybe 1 upset along the way. UCF and BYU were one score games last year. Cincy not optimistic. SMU should be solid. UF/UL I am on the fence about. 

Houston as a win is optimistic though. So maybe we land here at 6-6 with 1 name from the L's swapped with UH. 

I think we can take 1 of UF/UL/UCF

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I think this is right, with maybe 1 upset along the way. UCF and BYU were one score games last year. Cincy not optimistic. SMU should be solid. UF/UL I am on the fence about. 

Houston as a win is optimistic though. So maybe we land here at 6-6 with 1 name from the L's swapped with UH. 

I think we can take 1 of UF/UL/UCF

God I hope we can beat UF. Winning that game would do so much for the players confidence and re-energizing the fanbase, would come at a perfect time too right as the OCS is rolling out.

Based on how that game went last year I'm not getting my hopes up at all, but if we were to win that I'd probably reconsider my opinions on there being a higher power.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

On 7/25/2022 at 4:57 AM, smazza said:

I love the optimism

For me, there is no way a 1 (hopefully 2 year QB) surpasses MG/BJD/QF

For GB to be the best ever, he would need to surpass the 3000/1000 season with 36 TDs from QF in 2017 - if he makes a run for those numbers this season, it would certainly be fun to watch

• Like 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

On 7/25/2022 at 4:57 AM, smazza said:

7 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I love the optimism

For me, there is no way a 1 (hopefully 2 year QB) surpasses MG/BJD/QF

For GB to be the best ever, he would need to surpass the 3000/1000 season with 36 TDs from QF in 2017 - if he makes a run for those numbers this season, it would certainly be fun to watch

I think the more accurate assessment would be we have the best qb we've ever had before they put on a Bulls uniform, which is undebatable ....... and I think there is a way he can become the best ever qb here but it's so far out there it's almost unimaginable.

• Upvote 1