• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message added by Brad,

This thread and poll was not created by @Peatearpan

I started the topic off of his and @jjlovecub's posts from another thread

At this moment  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,505
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was where you were last year with the positive vibes. But in all honesty I just can’t do it anymore until I actually see results on the field. For me, this is an important year for this team. 

I feel like there is more optimism amongst people on this board than when CCS was here.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I feel like there is more optimism amongst people on this board than when CCS was here.

I think that is a given but as a whole between here and Twitter there is way more hope and optimism than in recent years. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

I plucked the two posts above from the Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc" thread.  Off topic as are many, but in a good way and enough for a separate thread.

We're about 40 days away from games and about a week from Fall practices.  How about  a pre Fall camp assessment on how we are feeling going into the season along with any discussion as to why we feel one way or the other, or why we thing the numbers are what they are. 

Instead of posting on the Realignment thread, I wanted to have some conversation and a poll here.  Your participation is requested.

For those falling in either category it could be interesting to hear the why.  For example, if you're pessimistic because we won't meet your expectations of a CFB championship, that would be good to know.  If you're optimism is based on chances for a two win season or just seeing progress, also good to know.

Some are intrinsically pessimistic or optimistic as well - about Bulls football, their lives, the weather...that's a given, but please help with this scientific effort to understand the Bulls fans psyche as we get near the season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think 6 wins is possible if things bounce our way. But if we are at 3/4 wins then I will be dissatisfied. Scott has some decent players it’s time him and his staff (with the new additions) to do their **** job and win us a respectable amount of games. I can’t believe I am at the point where 5 wins is respectable but that is where we are it. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

40 minutes ago, Brad said:

I plucked the two posts above from the Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc" thread.  Off topic as are many, but in a good way and enough for a separate thread.

So how did you add that little disclaimer at the top of the thread? ....... Not that I'm the kind that splits threads or anything.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

Optimistic because I think we have some playmakers AND some depth for the first time since Strong inherited Willie’s roster.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I am optimistic because a full returning OL and it is year 3 for CJS and (most importantly) for once the transfer QB we got has already proven to be a winner unlike the Miami and Bama transfers of recent years who had never proven anything at their old schools. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

WHAT happened to.the guy who said strong was going to have us beat Wisconsin because of the heat and humidity then lose his bet?

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think 6 wins is possible if things bounce our way. But if we are at 3/4 wins then I will be dissatisfied. Scott has some decent players it’s time him and his staff (with the new additions) to do their **** job and win us a respectable amount of games. I can’t believe I am at the point where 5 wins is respectable but that is where we are it. 

Spot on put up or shut jeff scott!

• Upvote 1
  • Off Topic 1

For those in the "Neither" category is that mostly apathy from years of abuse?  Are you beaten down from previous seasons or are you waiting to see something that pushes you to one camp or the other?  Afraid to commit (again)?  

• Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

WHAT happened to.the guy who said strong was going to have us beat Wisconsin because of the heat and humidity then lose his bet?

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Spot on put up or shut jeff scott!

This really wasn't the reason for the thread.   Just ignore, please