• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Message added by Brad,

This thread and poll was not created by @Peatearpan

I started the topic off of his and @jjlovecub's posts from another thread

At this moment  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,336
  • Days Won:  3

I'm in the neither camp. Can't jump on the hype train anymore.  I like the direction we are going and think it's very possible/likely this is the year we turn it around.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,336
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

however we actually have a QB for the first time since Q, and that is enough of a reason to be optimistic

This can't be understated as we have instantly improved the most important position.  However, how much support does he get from the OL or does a combo of GB/OL experience make them both shine? 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am obviously optimistic because of GB first however he picked up some depth at RB, we have big targets at WR, experienced O line (new oc). We have a new DC and added some talent as well on the line, LB and DB.  Nobody knows how all of these other pieces will fit in however we actually have a QB for the first time since Q, and that is enough of a reason to be optimistic.  The IPF, future OCS and the buzz around the program is contagious.  I am not sold on Scott but hopefully the new assistants and Morris can help him break out.  I guess I feel like I have been at this table for a long time and am running out of chips so I am pushing them all in, hoping for a good flop, decent turn and the river and I will continue to play.  If we **** the bed this year then maybe I simply get up and go home and hang up the cleats for good. 

I am with you on that. IF we don't go bowling this year might as well fire CJS and offer Morris the job. He turned SMU around and was scoring points.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

OK, so the optimism . . .

Experienced offensive line. So they may not be anything fantastic, but there is value in having those guys together. They’re grown men at this point and they just need to be capable.

Solid, proven depth and talent at RB with Mangham, Joiner, Battie - and promising depth with Powell, Dukes, Hamilton.

The best duo of playmaking receivers we’ve had in a few years with Horn and Weaver and LOTS of other potential we need to emerge - Dollison, Ajou, Brown, Williams, etc.

The top QB situation we’ve had since Q with Gerry and Timmy.

ROCK SOLID special teams with kicker, punter, return game

Defense - here’s where all the question marks are . . .

Can we jam up the running game and generate pass rush? No idea, but there are a lot of new faces that give us a chance. Inside with Pinder, Bags, Cheney. Outside with Hansford, D2 transfer, Matos and returnees Yates, Terrell, Logan, Vaughn

Clearly the best linebacker situation we’ve had in years with Boyles, Grier, Shuler, Gordon, Harris.

All kinds of options in the secondary: Robinson, Evans, Williams, Hill, Jones, Thornton, LaPointe, Herring, Brown, Townsel

There are plenty of question marks, for sure, but we finally look to have a legit roster after Strong failed to recruit almost anything. It’s up to the coaches to mold it, but at least they look to have some pieces - unlike the past few years.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I voted neither because I’m waiting to see what happens when toe meets leather for real.   I’ve been sucked in to off-season optimism in prior years but not this year.  Prove it to me on the field and then I’ll believe. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

That sounds more like pessimistic. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

OK, so the optimism . . .

Experienced offensive line. So they may not be anything fantastic, but there is value in having those guys together. They’re grown men at this point and they just need to be capable.

Solid, proven depth and talent at RB with Mangham, Joiner, Battie - and promising depth with Powell, Dukes, Hamilton.

The best duo of playmaking receivers we’ve had in a few years with Horn and Weaver and LOTS of other potential we need to emerge - Dollison, Ajou, Brown, Williams, etc.

The top QB situation we’ve had since Q with Gerry and Timmy.

ROCK SOLID special teams with kicker, punter, return game

Defense - here’s where all the question marks are . . .

Can we jam up the running game and generate pass rush? No idea, but there are a lot of new faces that give us a chance. Inside with Pinder, Bags, Cheney. Outside with Hansford, D2 transfer, Matos and returnees Yates, Terrell, Logan, Vaughn

Clearly the best linebacker situation we’ve had in years with Boyles, Grier, Shuler, Gordon, Harris.

All kinds of options in the secondary: Robinson, Evans, Williams, Hill, Jones, Thornton, LaPointe, Herring, Brown, Townsel

There are plenty of question marks, for sure, but we finally look to have a legit roster after Strong failed to recruit almost anything. It’s up to the coaches to mold it, but at least they look to have some pieces - unlike the past few years.

@Dave_Glasersaid everything I feel about our current team. Except in addition to having so many fast pass catching playmakers, those mofos are pretty tall as well. That is a lot of speed and height. Go Bulls!!!! 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

This can't be understated as we have instantly improved the most important position.  However, how much support does he get from the OL or does a combo of GB/OL experience make them both shine? 

I am mostly sold on CJS’s ability to lead the BULLS to where we want to be. My reason for being optimistic, what Sk00b said.That and last years UCF game showing what an aggressive defense could do. Add in the improved depth. 6+ wins this year.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  19

I voted pessimistic.

We've been placing band aids on bullets holes these last four years. We've been hiring different experienced coaches hoping they are the magic fix, however either we lack the talent or intelligence to implement their game plans. We have no proven QB. Without a proven QB, you don't win playing college football. We'll win more than one game this season, however expecting to be competitive against non-AAC competition is suspect at best. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised attending a game or two, however I'm being realistic about the state of the program.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I voted pessimistic.

We've been placing band aids on bullets holes these last four years. We've been hiring different experienced coaches hoping they are the magic fix, however either we lack the talent or intelligence to implement their game plans. We have no proven QB. Without a proven QB, you don't win playing college football. We'll win more than one game this season, however expecting to be competitive against non-AAC competition is suspect at best. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised attending a game or two, however I'm being realistic about the state of the program.  

You lost me at us not having a proven QB. If the offense violation the bed, GB won’t be the reason.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1