• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic article on what has gone wrong at USF and can it be fixed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,898
  • Days Won:  33

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Truth be told, I have no idea what his impact is. But its happening while he is the coach. 

He's had a big impact in speaking with prospective donors to the facility. That's something the prior coach did not do.

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’ll jump in here.  I’ve scaled back a lot of my posting on TBP because frankly I saw myself becoming very jaded and cynical when it comes to all things USF athletics and I didn’t like it.  My wife and I both graduated from USF, we’re both alumni for life, we have season tickets to football, we donated some to the IPF and we will make an occasional away game roadie and we generally love the  University and the Bulls, however, the perpetual losing in all sports that matter, getting passed by Oviedo, getting snubbed by the B12 and the blanket contract extensions has worn me down.  I realize there are a lot of positives happening off the filed/court but the on field/court performance across the board is awful. Yes I’m being cynical again lol.  I see nothing in the upcoming sports year that tells me anything will different and  I’m also being told that a losing record in football…AGAIN should be seen as progress.

With that being said, I’ll be in my seats for BYU hoping things will different but not expecting it

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I’m also being told that a losing record in football…AGAIN should be seen as progress.

This is the progress to get excited about.  This leads to better game day results.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Wake up call should have been in 2007 when we played against FIU and UCF when *both* of them were opening new stadiums.

Hell we struggled against FIU for most of that game and Leavitt said it was because FAU's players were amped up about their first game in the stadium.

Instead we got drunk on BCS rankings and P5 wins and thought we could just underdog our way to glory without further investment.

Hahahaha no.  Ohio State doesn't want to regularly schedule Cincinnati for reasons obvious to most of us, but not you.  It is a lose-lose proposition.  Ohio State has to beat them and spank them because they are the perceived superior team.  If Cincy makes it close it only hurts Ohio State in the rankings.

Now apply that to USF and UCF circa 2008, when USF completed a 4 game sweep, was in a BCS conf, and clearly better than UCF.  What purpose would making a rivalry with them have?  Everyone seems to forget (especially UCF fans) that UCF had been practically, if not completely, winless against Big East teams up to 2008.  Leavitt was absolutely right to go after Miami and leave UCF for dead.

But look at how good it turned out when we legitimized them and embraced an inferior rival, certainly seeing the fruits of that marriage had to sway your position and think if only we had done this sooner and longer just think where we would be now…

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,306
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I’ll jump in here.  I’ve scaled back a lot of my posting on TBP because frankly I saw myself becoming very jaded and cynical when it comes to all things USF athletics and I didn’t like it.  My wife and I both graduated from USF, we’re both alumni for life, we have season tickets to football, we donated some to the IPF and we will make an occasional away game roadie and we generally love the  University and the Bulls, however, the perpetual losing in all sports that matter, getting passed by Oviedo, getting snubbed by the B12 and the blanket contract extensions has worn me down.  I realize there are a lot of positives happening off the filed/court but the on field/court performance across the board is awful. Yes I’m being cynical again lol.  I see nothing in the upcoming sports year that tells me anything will different and  I’m also being told that a losing record in football…AGAIN should be seen as progress.

With that being said, I’ll be in my seats for BYU hoping things will different but not expecting it

Go Bulls!

It takes time, they are fixing it and that is what matters to me.