• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic article on what has gone wrong at USF and can it be fixed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Jimbo left FSU because of the facilities. I remember reading FSU fans thinking big facility upgrades weren't needed because Bowden and Jimbo had both won with what they had.

I think Leavitt (and to an extent Flowers) contributed to this mindset with our fanbase. Leavitt winning so much with so little may have warped the mindset of the admin and the fanbase of the investment necessary to continue that trajectory. It seems like we have a good understanding now of what needs to change at least and are doing what we can to fix it

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,254
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Cjl was a pioneer and got it. He outworked every other coach here because he understood failure is not an option. .. cjs needs to take notes . Bowden was one of the greats and his advice his good cjs has to develop his own vision  not just copying what worked at Clemson. We should have been better than 1 fbs last year and that was a combination  of bad  playcalls/game management, bad defense(bottom quartile ranking),  bad offense(bottom quartile ranking), and lack  of qb development.  We replaced the DC and hopefully that improves the defense, we replaced the oc and hope that improves the offense, but the biggest improvement needs to come from coach Scott.  He needs to improve  recruiting, game management/play calls in key situations, and developing elite players on offense which is supposed to be his strength.  If excellence is the standard as he says,  then show us excellence  for once.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814

I agree with a lot of what is in the article. I really think administration blew it once we got into Big East and the Selmon Athletics Center was built, it was kind of, we have reached the top and are done. 

While I’m not sold on Scott yet as on the field coaching, I like his attitude and how he relates to players,fans and ex players. He is really working hard in changing the culture at the school. I know some of you laugh at the “ culture” reference, but if you have ever coached any sport and taking over a losing program, that is the first thing you must change, and in many times, you will lose more at the start as you lose some of your better players that won’t change.

Because the first season, he didn’t have a Spring Practice and it was a shorter season interrupted  Covid, I see this season as Scott’s 2.5 season. If he can win 4-6 games then I think we are moving in right direction.

The administration finally moving in building IPF, OCS and Football Operations Facilities are a good sign and needed if we are going to compete and move up in future, wether is with Scott or whoever replaces him, if he doesn’t work out.

Ill be rooting for Scott and staff to succeed .

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

36 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Cjl was a pioneer and got it. He outworked every other coach here because he understood failure is not an option. .. cjs needs to take notes . 

Yeah that comment about not taking a vacation through the first 10 years is insane and exactly how we we're able to rise so fast. 

Scott could learn from that, no vacations until we make a bowl game. Or 1 vacation day per win.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

“What encourages me is the talented young players on our team,” said sophomore receiver Jimmy Horn, who caught 30 passes for 408 yards and a touchdown for a team that lost three games it led at halftime last season.

“I know we’re still in a rebuilding phase, but we had games last year where we lost in the third quarter, fourth-quarter-type deal. We didn’t get beat badly. If you look at it from the outside, I’m sure you’re saying ‘Oh, they’re not good.’ But as players, we know we have a good shot for sure. We have a lot of returners coming back on offense, too.”

Love this perspective from a player.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

It really depends on what you content you'd like and the fact that it let's you tailor what your sporting interests are was a big reason why I subscribed a couple of years ago.

Plus they have some great national college football writers on staff... and they cover my out of state professional teams with dedicated writers.

It's worth the $50 per year.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,254
  • Days Won:  25

47 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Yeah that comment about not taking a vacation through the first 10 years is insane and exactly how we we're able to rise so fast. 

Scott could learn from that, no vacations until we make a bowl game. Or 1 vacation day per win.

I like that message 1 vacation day per fbs win and half a day for fcs win. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Great article. “The administration failed” quote was exactly why USF has been so shotty. Thanks coach . Now Mr. Scott better get his arse in gear. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I know some of you laugh at the “ culture” reference, but if you have ever coached any sport and taking over a losing program, that is the first thing you must change, and in many times, you will lose more at the start as you lose some of your better players that won’t change.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Where has this Vannini fellow been?