• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic article on what has gone wrong at USF and can it be fixed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Nice flag!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

On 4/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, Cubanbull said:

Too many on here are focusing on the past. Mistakes were done by the leadership, no doubt, but we can reposted over and over on this board and it accomplishes nothing.

Right now I’m more interested in what are we doing to improve in our present and future. This is the only thing that matters and will change our present situation.

I see positive signs in football, with the IPF, OCS and Football Operations Facility. Now it needs to trend towards winning on the field. I know some of you think 4-8 and 5-7 are not improvements but they are from the dregs that we are. You must crawl before you can walk or run. 

The funny thing I see about this is most people think that people that are getting fed up with athletics now are living in the past, when they are actually focused on what’s happening at this very moment. Conversely people that think things are peachy keen can’t make an argument for that nonsense without focusing on the same excuses from years ago. I do not think it’s possible for a single person to defend CJS without saying CCS, if we were moving forward this wouldn’t be the case. Excuses to fail are everywhere you want to find them.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/22/2022 at 3:50 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

Most of the players they are poaching are older players. You have to prove yourself at your last school before they take you. Which means that player has already contributed a lot. I can live with that. We will find somebody in the portal as well. Maybe take the best FCS player like we did with Jonathan Ross or a great player from another P5 like MVS.  

I was watching the Ole Miss spring game and the announcers discussed the Ole Miss strategy for the portal. They only wanted players who were wanted by their previous school. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

I do not think it’s possible for a single person to defend CJS without saying CCS

We are literally in a thread about a story that says our problems today are due to the administration's past sins.  That article did not blame Strong for Scott's problems, and in fact there are quotes saying potential recruits did not come to USF because other schools had better locker rooms/facilities/etc.

So yes, you can "defend CJS without saying CCS", but it's not defending as much as "understanding" the handicap Scott is working with.  And every-other-coach-available would be equally hamstrung.  Could someone else come in and work miracles?  Sure I bet there's a lotto ticket out there to be found.  You think USF would find them based on their recent head coach hiring track record?

It's a message board so feel free to complain everyday about a coach with a losing record (I'm not being facetious there); but pretty please try not repeating this argument that Scott *should* be doing soooo much better when USF athletics is at its lowest point ever, facing irrelevance unless it makes it to the Big12.  The program is in danger, not because of Strong, Scott or Holtz.  It's in danger because we didn't invest and got left behind in expansion.  Other coaches in Florida know it, recruits know it, head coach candidates know it- it's time you knew it too.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

We are literally in a thread about a story that says our problems today are due to the administration's past sins.  That article did not blame Strong for Scott's problems, and in fact there are quotes saying potential recruits did not come to USF because other schools had better locker rooms/facilities/etc.

So yes, you can "defend CJS without saying CCS", but it's not defending as much as "understanding" the handicap Scott is working with.  And every-other-coach-available would be equally hamstrung.  Could someone else come in and work miracles?  Sure I bet there's a lotto ticket out there to be found.  You think USF would find them based on their recent head coach hiring track record?

It's a message board so feel free to complain everyday about a coach with a losing record (I'm not being facetious there); but pretty please try not repeating this argument that Scott *should* be doing soooo much better when USF athletics is at its lowest point ever, facing irrelevance unless it makes it to the Big12.  The program is in danger, not because of Strong, Scott or Holtz.  It's in danger because we didn't invest and got left behind in expansion.  Other coaches in Florida know it, recruits know it, head coach candidates know it- it's time you knew it too.

Ccs would have done better, cwt would have done better, CJL would have done better hell CSH would have done better. CJS is uniquely qualified in his ability to fail. Years in he is expected to continue his reign of failing worse than anyone that’s ever tried before, he doesn’t need a miracle he needs to try and not have someone that enables failure in everything he is charged with. You think no one could do better but the data shows that it’s almost impossible for anyone to do worse, because math.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

I think the biggest takeaway is that we all understand why we are not where we want to be because of the previous admin and facilities but to be the worst ever is a hard pill to swallow, CJS got us here, can he get us out of here?

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think the biggest takeaway is that we all understand why we are not where we want to be because of the previous admin and facilities but to be the worst ever is a hard pill to swallow, CJS got us here, can he get us out of here?

Can Kenny Chesney concerts help? If not then probably not, we have a culture of failure that not only is accepted but rewarded, the circle continues to shrink but those left cheer because interviews are given, pictures are taken and nice things are said. The article said CJL didn’t take a vacation in 10 years, for CJS every day is like a vacation not because he loves his occupation but because no one seems to care that he fails, sad. He shouldn’t sleep, he should have not a single happy moment because those things should be reserved for winners. He has no fire and his constant smile is that of someone willfully ignorant of how they are actually doing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

CJS got us here

But did he really? Pretty sure the 30+ or whatever years of existence got us here. He's just picking up the pile of **** along the way. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, Rocky Style said:

That looks like Pete Campbell:
BeneficialAcrobaticGerbil-max-1mb.gif

When-He-Trudy-Show-Off-Super-Square-Danc

Only symbolism...😁

11 hours ago, Sk00b said:

But did he really? Pretty sure the 30+ or whatever years of existence got us here. He's just picking up the pile of **** along the way. 

Is he trying to pick it up with the bottom of his shoe? Because the **** piles looks a lot more like it’s spreading than it does like anyone is picking anything up. At what point does his clean up present the first sign that anything is actually being cleaned up?