• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic article on what has gone wrong at USF and can it be fixed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Pretty sure no one needs to start a fund for that, there is nothing about MK that screams bold decision maker

Things are worse than I thought if you're saying that we need to start a fund to purchase a statue! Lighten up bub, just try and have some fun during the slow season for athletics.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Things are worse than I thought if you're saying that we need to start a fund to purchase a statue! Lighten up bub, just try and have some fun during the slow season for athletics.

When you operate at a $5 million dollar deficit every new thing should require funding but my quip was simply highlighting that nothing about MK is disruptive and his default setting is stay the course.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I know my idea of Jim the godfather and architec of this program replacing Brad Scott as chief of staff makes too much sense for Usf Athletics  to do it.

And would violate the settlement agreement between USF and Leavitt to settle CJL's wrongful termination lawsuit.  That isn't necessarily a permanent agreement, but that kind of renegotiation doesn't happen very long.

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

And would violate the settlement agreement between USF and Leavitt to settle CJL's wrongful termination lawsuit.  That isn't necessarily a permanent agreement, but that kind of renegotiation doesn't happen very long.

Definitely not the most common of things but just as easily as two people can agree to a contract they can agree to a new contract or addendum and it’s really not all that different than people divorcing and getting remarried. Courts don’t care about what it is your agree to or agree to change even if those things are the complete opposite of what you decided a decade ago.

Actually I’m pretty sure the agreement says that CJL will not apply and if he does the university is free to reject it, it has no compulsive action on their part so if usf offers CJL a position not a single thing would need to be changed (not that I think this is going to happen but it’s really not a difficult thing to resolve and I’ve always found it funny that people bring it up as a reason, the language is there because it’s highly unlikely this would ever happen and not that the reverse is true that it’s highly unlikely that this would happen because the language is there).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,283
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

So what is the plus  side of having a career losing hc mentor a career losing head coach on how to build and coach a successful program ?

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So what is the plus  side of having a career losing hc mentor a career losing head coach on how to build and coach a successful program ?

I point out that Leavitt agreed never to work at USF again when he settled his lawsuit... and that means somehow I am advocating Brad Scott stay on permanently?

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

I point out that Leavitt agreed never to work at USF again when he settled his lawsuit... and that means somehow I am advocating Brad Scott stay on permanently?

I think he agreed to never seek employment, not to never work and that the recourse for if he did seek employment was that they could reject the application with prejudice and without fear of a lawsuit. Interestingly the other clause that prevents him from suing or helping someone else sue is probably a bigger prevention from doing future business together as why would USF wave that and open liability and why would he sign a contract with someone that doesn’t have to honor it? A clause that says we don’t have to hire you if we don’t want to, not so much.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

You should be able to "settle" this by reading the settlement:

It's not really an argument, but thanks for posting it.  The document simply states that what people keep dreaming about happening can't just happen, it requires some negotiations ... and USF has to be the one to reach out the olive branch.